X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BubbleGum
    replied
    Re: E = mc^2 is Shirk

Why is this particular equation 'shirk'?

When you lift an object off of the floor and put it up on the table, you have just created and stored Energy.

Force is equal to Mass time Acceleration: F=ma Basic physics.

Sunlight shines on your face. And your face becomes warm.

That is just the way Allah made it.

~Bub

Leave a comment:

• Muslimman3
    replied

Originally posted by Aliyah101 View Post
    So are you saying they believe nothing in the universe can create it which is true according to us because only Allah can?
    Complex issue. They believe everything [matter & energy] was already there during the Bigbang and nothing since then has ever been created. The sad thing is they are still looking at where did all this matter & energy initially came from. It's still a mystery for them, but we as muslims, we know that it's Allah who created everything initially and who has control on how they are transformed.

In conclusion: I found this somewhere on the web for the quote that I had posted:

MSA-USC Editor's note: Understand that the author is pointing out a flaw in an informal part of the theory of relativity, that is, that matter and energy are eternal. The author is not arguing against the mathematical relationship between these two, but rather against their independence from Allaah's all-encompassing power - both creative and destructive.
    Sourcehttp://www.islamicweb.com/beliefs/cr...s/abutaw_8.htm

In other words, we should simply believe that this formula & law isn't eternal and Allah has power over it -> no more shirk.
    And Allah knows best - والله أعلم
    Last edited by Muslimman3; 28-04-14, 01:58 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Ya'sin
    replied

Originally posted by Muslimman3 View Post
    Yes, Islamic Online University. Look up previous threads on IOU, they inspired me to start doing a diploma and maybe a degree later on. You should go for it, it's free and it seems to be great as well.
    I plan on doing it later in sha Allah, not now

Leave a comment:

• Aliyah101
    replied

the law says Nothing can create or destroy.
    So are you saying they believe nothing in the universe can create it which is true according to us because only Allah can?

Leave a comment:

• Muslimman3
    replied

So what can create or destroy energy/matter according to them
    the law says Nothing can create or destroy.

Leave a comment:

• Aliyah101
    replied

He said when you're writing a school test and they ask you about E=mc2, write in brackets after your answer [By MEN]. Because we humans beings cannot create nor destroy energy. -> The thing is that the law refers to the whole universe: The universe, the stars and the galaxies can't create nor destroy energy and matter.
    So what can create or destroy energy/matter according to them

Leave a comment:

• Muslimman3
    replied

I remember the shiekh saying that but I don't know much about physics so I didn't even think about it.

Didn't he say just add it can't be created or destroyed by humans and you're good to go.
    He said when you're writing a school test and they ask you about E=mc2, write in brackets after your answer [By MEN]. Because we humans beings cannot create nor destroy energy. -> The thing is that the law refers to the whole universe: The universe, the stars and the galaxies can't create nor destroy energy and matter.

Leave a comment:

• Aliyah101
    replied

I remember the shiekh saying that but I don't know much about physics so I didn't even think about it.

Didn't he say just add it can't be created or destroyed by humans and you're good to go.

Leave a comment:

• Muslimman3
    replied

Originally posted by from the west: View Post
    W/salam,

Pardon my ignorance, but what does E=mc2 have to do with the first law of thermodynamics?

And ofcourse it's going to have shirky elements as it's a definition from purely scientific point of view. Many of these general laws do. For example, saying that nothing can travel faster than the speed of light.
    True, this is why I wanted to know,if you add the condition that if Allah wishes he can make any scientific law void, can this remove the shirky element of the law.
    E = mc2 shows that matter can make energy and energy can make matter. 1st law of Thermodynamics says that nothing (matter or energy) can be created nor destroyed, it can only transform... To be honest, dunno if they have any innate link between each other lol. I just quoted what the Sheikh wrote in the book.

Leave a comment:

• Muslimman3
    replied

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
    Islamic online university? I'm interested in applying in sha Allah

I wouldn't have thought of the equation in that way, to be honest most of the laws of physics is similar and most of them are just theories
    Yes, Islamic Online University. Look up previous threads on IOU, they inspired me to start doing a diploma and maybe a degree later on. You should go for it, it's free and it seems to be great as well.

Leave a comment:

• Yunus aua
    replied

So is it shirk to believe in the equation or you just have to add the condition that if Allah wishes, he can nullify the law and create anything from absolutely nothing. By adding that condition, does it eliminates the shirk from the statement?

Unfortunately I can't answer that question

Leave a comment:

• Ya'sin
    replied

I was referring to silures comment regarding energy overall, because this is connected to quarks and quasars, which are protons that are not destroyed and therefore they say the energy was formed with tiny tiny quasars. does that make sense?

Leave a comment:

• Muslimman3
    replied

Originally posted by Yunus aua View Post
    The two are not related.

Fun fact: That's only half the equation.
    the full equation is E^2 = (mc^2)^2 + (pc)^2.

In any case, the whole idea behind science is to explain phenomena without the intervention of a outside being as it were.
    So in assumption that nothing is being created and destroyed within the universe at a certain moment. The equations will hold.
    So is it shirk to believe in the equation or you just have to add the condition that if Allah wishes, he can nullify the law and create anything from absolutely nothing. By adding that condition, does it eliminates the shirk from the statement?

Leave a comment:

• Yunus aua
    replied

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
    yes good point, but then again it has to make sense for the big bang theory doesn't it so........hmmmm.......just a means of supporting that theory?
    The two are not related.

Fun fact: That's only half the equation.
    the full equation is E^2 = (mc^2)^2 + (pc)^2.

In any case, the whole idea behind science is to explain phenomena without the intervention of a outside being as it were.
    So in assumption that nothing is being created and destroyed within the universe at a certain moment. The equations will hold.

Leave a comment:

• from the west:
    replied

W/salam,

Pardon my ignorance, but what does E=mc2 have to do with the first law of thermodynamics?

And ofcourse it's going to have shirky elements as it's a definition from purely scientific point of view. Many of these general laws do. For example, saying that nothing can travel faster than the speed of light.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X