Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: E = mc^2 is Shirk

Originally posted by Muslimman3 View Post
    He said when you're writing a school test and they ask you about E=mc2, write in brackets after your answer [By MEN]. Because we humans beings cannot create nor destroy energy. -> The thing is that the law refers to the whole universe: The universe, the stars and the galaxies can't create nor destroy energy and matter.
    So what can create or destroy energy/matter according to them
    Say (O Muhammad SAW to mankind):
    “If you (really) love Allāh then follow me (i.e. accept Islāmic Monotheism, follow the Qur’ān and the Sunnah), Allāh will love you and forgive you of your sins. And Allāh is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.” (Aali Imran 3:31)

Comment

Originally posted by Aliyah101 View Post
      So what can create or destroy energy/matter according to them
      the law says Nothing can create or destroy.
      ومن يتوكل على الله فهو حسبه
      And whosoever puts his trust in Allah,
      Then He will suffice him.

Comment

the law says Nothing can create or destroy.
        So are you saying they believe nothing in the universe can create it which is true according to us because only Allah can?
        Say (O Muhammad SAW to mankind):
        “If you (really) love Allāh then follow me (i.e. accept Islāmic Monotheism, follow the Qur’ān and the Sunnah), Allāh will love you and forgive you of your sins. And Allāh is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.” (Aali Imran 3:31)

Comment

Yes, Islamic Online University. Look up previous threads on IOU, they inspired me to start doing a diploma and maybe a degree later on. You should go for it, it's free and it seems to be great as well.
          I plan on doing it later in sha Allah, not now
          'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Originally posted by Aliyah101 View Post
            So are you saying they believe nothing in the universe can create it which is true according to us because only Allah can?
            Complex issue. They believe everything [matter & energy] was already there during the Bigbang and nothing since then has ever been created. The sad thing is they are still looking at where did all this matter & energy initially came from. It's still a mystery for them, but we as muslims, we know that it's Allah who created everything initially and who has control on how they are transformed.

In conclusion: I found this somewhere on the web for the quote that I had posted:

MSA-USC Editor's note: Understand that the author is pointing out a flaw in an informal part of the theory of relativity, that is, that matter and energy are eternal. The author is not arguing against the mathematical relationship between these two, but rather against their independence from Allaah's all-encompassing power - both creative and destructive.
            Sourcehttp://www.islamicweb.com/beliefs/cr...s/abutaw_8.htm

In other words, we should simply believe that this formula & law isn't eternal and Allah has power over it -> no more shirk.
            And Allah knows best - والله أعلم
            Last edited by Muslimman3; 28-04-14, 01:58 AM.
            ومن يتوكل على الله فهو حسبه
            And whosoever puts his trust in Allah,
            Then He will suffice him.

Comment

Why is this particular equation 'shirk'?

When you lift an object off of the floor and put it up on the table, you have just created and stored Energy.

Force is equal to Mass time Acceleration: F=ma Basic physics.

Sunlight shines on your face. And your face becomes warm.

That is just the way Allah made it.

~Bub
              From the Many, One

Comment

WTF, shirk? Then superstring theory and parallel universe are shirk too, then?

And Islamicweb scholars are not scientists or physicists. E=mc2 iirc means that energy is equal to mass multiplied by the speed of light squared. It's a phenomenon of Universe's law of physics just like gravity. By God, learn some science and get your facts straight before you accuse "shirk". Lest you'll be like Salafis in my country who published an idiotic book titled "according to Qur'an and Sunnah, the sun goes round the earth". Have you ever heard the mutawateer hadith "when something is not handled by its competent person, then wait for its destruction?"

What is the significance of E=MC2 ?
                An In-depth look into E=MC2
                Last edited by Ariadne; 28-04-14, 09:51 AM.

And all the heavens go their way.... And only change is here to stay...

Comment

Is the sun stationary?

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
                    Is the sun stationary?
                    With respect to our solar system - yes. However our solar system and entire galaxy are spinning around a point in space.

Movement is resistance to acceleration aka F=ma. The more mass something has the bigger the force needed to accelerate it or cause it to move.

For example there is an equal and opposite force of interaction between you and the Earth. However, as your mass is relatively small compared to the Earth you accelerate towards its center (your weight) and it stays in motion around the Sun and not you.

I've simplified many concepts but that's a starting point.

Jzk Allah kahir
                    ‘If only I had done such-and-such, then such-and-such would have happened.’ Rather you should say, ‘Qaddara Allah wa ma sha a fa’ala (Allah decrees, and what He wills He does),’ for (the words) ‘If only’ open the door to the Shaytan.” (Narrated by Muslim).

Comment

E=MC^2 is an estimate, not an exact mesurement. Just saying.

Comment

Is the sun stationary?
                        AFAIK the sun has orbit and has a small spiral movements, it's not completely still in its place. but its movement is not as the way the nine planets are.

Comment

E = mc^2 is Shirk

Is it a good idea to mix science and religion?

Comment

E = mc^2 is Shirk

It's shirk by deification. Only Allah is neither created/can be destroyed.

Science and Islam go hand in hand. Depends on the science though. Not all science IS science. Some are merely theories and evolution is one example.

Comment

Originally posted by Nafs al Tawabah View Post
                              With respect to our solar system - yes...
                              Originally posted by Ariadne View Post
                              AFAIK the sun has orbit and has a small spiral movements...
                              Ikhtilaf?

Comment

Ikhtilaf?
                                My mistake. I should refer you to the scholars. It's spiral yes, but not a "small" movements.

http://www.universetoday.com/60174/does-the-sun-move/
                                http://www.universetoday.com/18028/sun-orbit/

Comment

Working...
                                X