Comparison between Uthmani and Indo-Pak Mushaf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comparison between Uthmani and Indo-Pak Mushaf

Why are there different harkaat, in the two, specially waqf lazim (Obligatory stop),
    E.g: Surah Yasin, Ayah 13 and Surah Nuh Ayah 4
    Bandon say dil naa lagao sirf Allah say lagao.

Re: Comparison between Uthmani and Indo-Pak Mushaf

I suggest Uthmani script, if later on, you want to Learn Arabic, it will be better for you.

http://quran.cc/images/Quranlogo.png........http://i.imgur.com/b066ayL.png

"A person deprives himself of performing Tahajjud by committing sins." - Hasan al Basri

When you are obedient to Allah do not feel humiliation and do not feel as though you are weak and if the whole world, and trials surround the people , then know, that you are the dearest to Allah and if they feel rich with the dunya then know that you will be content of Allah and if they seek glory by disobeying Allah, know that glory is reached through obedience. Do not feel weakness, emptiness or failure. Don't lose hope and don't be sad. Be with Allah, the Glorified, the Most High. Even if all the calamities in the world befell you. For what is with Allah is greater than what you can imagine.
    - Al Shinqitee

Comment

Originally posted by sliceruk View Post
      I suggest Uthmani script, if later on, you want to Learn Arabic, it will be better for you.
      Ok :jkk: for your advice,
      But that doesn't answer my question.?

Comment

I just checked, this is strange.
        Attached Files

"A person deprives himself of performing Tahajjud by committing sins." - Hasan al Basri

When you are obedient to Allah do not feel humiliation and do not feel as though you are weak and if the whole world, and trials surround the people , then know, that you are the dearest to Allah and if they feel rich with the dunya then know that you will be content of Allah and if they seek glory by disobeying Allah, know that glory is reached through obedience. Do not feel weakness, emptiness or failure. Don't lose hope and don't be sad. Be with Allah, the Glorified, the Most High. Even if all the calamities in the world befell you. For what is with Allah is greater than what you can imagine.
        - Al Shinqitee

Comment

As Salaam Ulaikum Wr Wb Brother,

Please have a look at the explanation below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Wk0LYLjbCY

NOTE: Its a sister explaining it in detail but no picture - just her voice.

May Allah guide us and all of us towards the right path. Ameen

Comment

Originally posted by TalibIelm View Post

:wswrwb:

:jkk:

Interesting. Though, she didn't explain about waqf lazim.
            Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
            - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
              :wswrwb:

:jkk:

Interesting. Though, she didn't explain about waqf lazim.
              I think its in the 8th or 9th part if i am not wrong but she has not gone in a great detail about it.

Rumuz Al Awqaaf >> http://www.ilmgate.org/the-preservation-of-the-quran/

Wa Antum Fajazakamullah Khairan

Comment

That video is helpful. I always wondered why people kept saying the Indo Pak one was easier to read, whereas I was finding it very difficult. This thread actually reminds me of one time I was looking for a mushaf online and it said the Uthmaani script one was not suitable for South Asians. I was like erm okay, not all South Asians read the Indo Pak script.

Comment

I just checked, this is strange.
                  My mufti sahab says it's cuz Quran has been revealed in 7 dialects, there's a Saheeh hadith regarding it !

Comment

Originally posted by AbulUthman View Post
                    My mufti sahab says it's cuz Quran has been revealed in 7 dialects, there's a Saheeh hadith regarding it !
                    Yes, but both the Uthmani and Indo-Pak is in Hafs, as in the image posted above.

- Al Shinqitee

Comment

Yes, but both the Uthmani and Indo-Pak is in Hafs, as in the image posted above.
                      So what's the reason they have difference in waqf lazim, one having none, other having a waqf lazim in certains ayahs, when it is obligatory to stop?
                      In terms of phonetics, I love Uthmani mushaff, but I'm still confused, !!!

Comment

:aku_wsalam:
                        I have read the rules in great detail of both the musshaff, just confused about that waqf lazim thing !??

Comment

Why are there different harkaat, in the two, specially waqf lazim (Obligatory stop),
                          E.g: Surah Yasin, Ayah 13 and Surah Nuh Ayah 4
                          The Qur'an at first had no stop signs included. They were added much later. So they aren't rules as such, more of just guidelines. And it is based on the ijtihad of the ones who included them. That's why you'd find different stops in different masaahif.
                          "And thus have We willed you to be a community of the middle way."
                          (al-Baqarah: 143)

Allahumma innaa na'udhu bika min an nushrika bika shai-an na'lamuh; wa nastaghfiruka limaa laa na'lam.

Comment

:aku_wsalam:
                            I have read the rules in great detail of both the musshaff, just confused about that waqf lazim thing !??
                            Akhi Insha Allah i will post a answer soon on this and maybe if you can tell me exactly what is confusing you would help.

Need to get it checked before i post it here.

HOW TO RECITE >>> Wa Ađrib Lahum Mathalāan 'Aşĥāba Al-Qaryati 'Idh Jā'ahā Al-Mursalūn
                            Last edited by TalibIelm; 20-04-14, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Akhi Insha Allah i will post a answer soon on this and maybe if you can tell me exactly what is confusing you would help.

Need to get it checked before i post it here.

HOW TO RECITE >>> Wa Ađrib Lahum Mathalāan 'Aşĥāba Al-Qaryati 'Idh Jā'ahā Al-Mursalūn
                              I think brother middle road answered me, :jkk: for your concern akhi !
                              Wouldn't mind if you post another answer, I mean waqf lazim is obligatory to stop on , in surah yasin ayah 13, as sliceruk attached it, uthmani has no stop, while the indopak has the waqf lazim, what is the reason of this difference??

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X