Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sitting with people that drinks alcohol.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sitting with people that drinks alcohol.

Salamu aleikom everyone!

I live in a room that is owned by a man that drinks alcohol. Im currently a student and this guys whom im living with is my fathers friend, though the only problem is that he consumes alcohol.

This evening when i came home i saw a guest was in the living room, so i went in and greeted him and all. Then i talked for about 5 minutes of what i was doing when i was out (eg buying a cellphone, looking for a job etc), and the thing was that i saw two beers on the table, one belonging to the house owner and the other belonging to the guest.

I was in the room for like 5-7 minutes, but i wanted to leave. In matter of fact, i wanted to leave the first time i saw the beers, but i thought this (foolish thought) that it would be rude of me to go. And i know that if youre sitting with someone that drinks alcohol, it is the same as that youve commitet that sin, but to what degree? is it the act itself that is haram or your thoughts and acts during this sitting that matters, because wallahi i didnt want to be there at that time, but i dont know my conversation led to them asking me questions etc etc.

So what do you think of this? Is this a sin/was this haram?

And Allah swt knows best!

Re: Sitting with people that drinks alcohol.

Walalikum salam

What you should have done is this: when you saw those beer cans, stop in your tracks and say 'please excuse me, I cannot sit with alcohol present as it is haram' and end your conversation right then and there. Its all fine to cut it off. No need to find it hard. That would send a clear message to the alchohol consumers.

But obviously you didnt know what to do, so you did not commit a sin.

Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

Comment

You need to make it clear to them that you don't like hanging around alcohol. You know better than us on how to do that cuz you know them. But they have to know so it can stop and you won't have to feel awful all the time.

In this day and age there is open sins everywhere so it isn't a sin to be around it all. Its definitely important to keep away from it all but what can you do some things are unavoidable. May Allah make it easy for you.

Comment

Thanks for the replies!
        Well I was hoping it would end there but later on when I sat surfing on my computer in my room the house owner knocked and told me he had cooked some food and that I needed to eat with them and accompany them. I told them that was absolutely not hungry by all means and that I really don't want to eat, but he insisted and made all kinds of oaths. He then from no where grabbed a dish and put in some food in it, he then handed it over to me I grabbed it and stayed in the kitchen. As they both went to the living room I was afraid and shocked, what should I do? Okey then the guy calls on me and says I need to come to them, well as cowardly I am and as dumb I am I did go to them, I actually accompanied them with all the beer cans on the table, the beer cans were like 50 cm away from me, at that time I was ruined, I knew it was haram staying there at the same time I was continuing with this evil act, I was shocked, really shocked and fooled. I was fooled into coming there and I was the offer. I clearly can't describe how I felt, I felt dumb and I really felt like an idiot. But the biggest, I felt that I had let my deen down and that now Allah swt is very angry with me. As 10 min passed I clearly couldn't control myself anymore so I took my dish and went out of there. I went to my room and cried, I was so ruined, I didn't know what to do. And I knew this was all haram but I still went in there and sat with them you know. And another thing, I missed the isha prayer.

Now I'm writing this as I'm in my bed, I'm so ruined. I don't know was wasas or not but I feel like I'm not worthy to pray. However I'm inshallah going to pray no matter what inshallah.

What should I do please I need your help, I really need your help please help me!

Comment

Dude, just get up and leave. I'm sure you're not the only Muslim who lives in the Middle East.

Comment

Originally posted by Agrin View Post
            Thanks for the replies!
            Well I was hoping it would end there but later on when I sat surfing on my computer in my room the house owner knocked and told me he had cooked some food and that I needed to eat with them and accompany them. I told them that was absolutely not hungry by all means and that I really don't want to eat, but he insisted and made all kinds of oaths. He then from no where grabbed a dish and put in some food in it, he then handed it over to me I grabbed it and stayed in the kitchen. As they both went to the living room I was afraid and shocked, what should I do? Okey then the guy calls on me and says I need to come to them, well as cowardly I am and as dumb I am I did go to them, I actually accompanied them with all the beer cans on the table, the beer cans were like 50 cm away from me, at that time I was ruined, I knew it was haram staying there at the same time I was continuing with this evil act, I was shocked, really shocked and fooled. I was fooled into coming there and I was the offer. I clearly can't describe how I felt, I felt dumb and I really felt like an idiot. But the biggest, I felt that I had let my deen down and that now Allah swt is very angry with me. As 10 min passed I clearly couldn't control myself anymore so I took my dish and went out of there. I went to my room and cried, I was so ruined, I didn't know what to do. And I knew this was all haram but I still went in there and sat with them you know. And another thing, I missed the isha prayer.

Now I'm writing this as I'm in my bed, I'm so ruined. I don't know was wasas or not but I feel like I'm not worthy to pray. However I'm inshallah going to pray no matter what inshallah.

What should I do please I need your help, I really need your help please help me!
            I don't get what's so hard to just say to them bye, I don't want to be here. Anyways, the devil most likely is given was was as he's telling you that your not worthy of prayer. But just ask Allah for forgiveness and be sincere. Allah will be happy that your asking for forgiveness so inshallah your repentance will be accepted.

Comment

You'r welcome.

Just be straight next time and say you are not going to sit in a room where beer is served or present. No one can force you to sit there, remember, no one. Dont worry so much, one step at a time, next time you will be brave enough to stand up for what is right, so dont stress at all. Allah swt is pleased with those who try.

The thoughts that you get that you'r not worthy to pray should be ignored. Just continue as normal. Hope this helps.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Sky Lark View Post
                  You'r welcome.

Just be straight next time and say you are not going to sit in a room where beer is served or present. No one can force you to sit there, remember, no one. Dont worry so much, one step at a time, next time you will be brave enough to stand up for what is right, so dont stress at all. Allah swt is pleased with those who try.

The thoughts that you get that you'r not worthy to pray should be ignored. Just continue as normal. Hope this helps.
                  Yes inshallah, I'm just so frustrated and angry right now. But I have promised this would not happen in the future. This was the last time this happened.

I don't really know what was going on in my brain at that time but I know I had the choice not to go but still did. Anyways this will not happen again inshallah. I will do my best.

Comment

Originally posted by Agrin View Post
                    Yes inshallah, I'm just so frustrated and angry right now. But I have promised this would not happen in the future. This was the last time this happened.

I don't really know what was going on in my brain at that time but I know I had the choice not to go but still did. Anyways this will not happen again inshallah. I will do my best.
                    Life is about learning. We learn from our mistakes. We ponder at what went wrong, then we strive to improve. I hope you'r feeling better now and not too hard on yourself; all will go well insha'allah.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                    X