Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should human rights always outweigh religious rights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should human rights always outweigh religious rights?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZ5X_lPXnvU

came across this interesting debate
    they touch on a lot issues including segregation, gay rights and bans on niqab etc

two guys (towards the end) actually showed a t-shirt they had on with a cartoon that they call "jesus and mo" (something along those lines)
    we seek refuge in Allah from their evil

it shows how confused people are and what a load of rubbish all this 'freedom' is
    they can not agree on anything

what is right and what is wrong....and who has what rights has to come from Allah
    otherwise this (the debate) is what you get.....chaos basically

some even tried to go as far as saying parents were somehow going against 'human rights' if they got their child circumcised
    at one point it was referred to as 'mutilation'

in the end it just shows how much people need islam
    and how great our deen is that nothing has been left out of it

EDIT: there is some music at the very beginning so do mute it
    Last edited by faatima18; 27-01-14, 03:39 PM.
    "O you who have believed, shall I guide you to a transaction that will save you from a painful punishment?
    (It is that) you believe in Allah and His Messenger and strive in the cause of Allah with your wealth and your lives. That is best for you, if you should know.
    He will forgive for you your sins and admit you to gardens beneath which rivers flow and pleasant dwellings in gardens of perpetual residence. That is the great attainment"

"And (you will obtain) another (favour) that you love - victory from Allah and an imminent conquest; and give good tidings to the believers"

Re: Should human rights always outweigh religious rights?

-music warning

bye
    70 scholars issued fatawas that Imam Ahmad b. Hanbal should be executed! That was the popular opinion back then, don't be fooled by popular opinion today! - Ahmad Musa jibreel

Tawheed Series - click

Comment

what human rights. The west has no concept of it. They favour the oppresors time after time rather than the victim.

Only islam has the solution.
      Ya Muqallib Al-Quloob Thabbit Qalbi Alaa Deenik
      ( O changer of hearts, keep my heart steadfast on your deen)

www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by firestar101 View Post
        what human rights. The west has no concept of it. They favour the oppresors time after time rather than the victim.

Only islam has the solution.
        *back*

this, there will always be corruption in the land until islamic rights prevail.

the concept of human rights sounds very appealing but in practice, it is not good. it isn't carried out in a fair way and the worst thing is, weird rights are authorized due to the corrupt nature of those deciding who gets what rights.

i mean if the moral degeneration continues then we will see things like incest being passed on as the new human rights.

so the point which you made (OP) and also firestar, our deen is indeed perfect. it has the answer to everything. islamic rights are the perfect rights.

*bye
        70 scholars issued fatawas that Imam Ahmad b. Hanbal should be executed! That was the popular opinion back then, don't be fooled by popular opinion today! - Ahmad Musa jibreel

Tawheed Series - click

Comment

Our religious rights are our human rights. Let them not be discarded.
          your online source of hadiths: http://sunnah.com/
          ask me questions: ask.fm/caetratilegion

Comment

The simple fact that this question is being debated shows how far society has gone away from religion and given into atheism and secularism.
            Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see.

Comment

no, otherwise we won't to throw stones on adulteres and throw gays of a cliff

Comment

Islaam is human rights. Allah has described what rights belong to us and what we are forbidden from taking. Most of those match with "secular" rights (which themselves are left over from christian laws in the west).

Originally posted by Virus View Post
                no, otherwise we won't to throw stones on adulteres and throw gays of a cliff
                This has nothing to do with their human rights. This is capital punishment for a crime punishable by death. They still have the right to a defense, to be sheltered, fed and clothed kindly while in prison, to be washed and buried and prayed over.
                Last edited by |Sister|; 27-01-14, 11:31 AM.

Comment

I agree in basic human rights, justice and fair treatment. i.e. everyone deserves to be treated equally and no discrimination on that basis. Besides, these principles should be rooted in the religion itself.

However, we are coming to an age where society has become overwhelming irreligious. Think of how much homosexuality is promoted in the West. I think it should be 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' at the bare minimum.

Furthermore, a great number of Muslims believe apostates should be executed. Is this a divine religious right?

Also the video raised an interesting point about FGM. Do you believe that should be sanctioned? I don't agree with this practice.
                  Last edited by wizard.of.oz; 27-01-14, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by wizard.of.oz View Post
                    I agree in basic human rights, justice and fair treatment. i.e. everyone deserves to be treated equally and no discrimination on that basis. Besides, these principles should be rooted in the religion itself.

However, we are coming to an age where society has become overwhelming irreligious. Think of how much homosexuality is promoted in the West. I think it should be 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' at the bare minimum.

Furthermore, a great number of Muslims believe apostates should be executed. Is this a divine religious right?

Also the video raised an interesting point about FGM. Do you believe that should be sanctioned? I don't agree with this practice.
                    FGM is not from Islam so of course i do not agree with it. I am sure others do not agree either on here, that is from Culture based in certain parts of Africa, mainly Somalia and Egypt and i think Sudan, not sure. someone can correct me.

i did not click the link but i think this is from the The Bigs Questions, i saw this last Sunday. I was also surprised at how misguided peope are without religion. when they started talking about gay rights i was like o_O. They like to shove everything in our face and we as Muslims are losing our Allah ordined rights in favour for their immoral lifestyles. Islam is a perfect reilgion and here are people who are athiest and secularists who think they know better, but are increasingly losing their morals and lack values, and think they can determine what human rights are. Since when can they tell a woman to tske of her hijab/niqab. Where are my rights, to cover myself and respect myself. To them religious rights are no longer important and i believe they are looking to completely do away with such rights.

Comment

Originally posted by faatima18 View Post
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZ5X_lPXnvU

came across this interesting debate
                      they touch on a lot issues including segregation, gay rights and bans on niqab etc

two guys (towards the end) actually showed a t-shirt they had on with a cartoon that they call "jesus and mo" (something along those lines)
                      we seek refuge in Allah from their evil

it shows how confused people are and what a load of rubbish all this 'freedom' is
                      they can not agree on anything

what is right and what is wrong....and who has what rights has to come from Allah
                      otherwise this (the debate) is what you get.....chaos basically

some even tried to go as far as saying parents were somehow going against 'human rights' if they got their child circumcised
                      at one point it was referred to as 'mutilation'

in the end it just shows how much people need islam
                      and how great our deen is that nothing has been left out of it
                      :salams

Did not see that video, but going by the way people have put forth their arguments here and by the title of this thread, I would like to make a few points (which are, by all means, my personal opinion):

1- Religion has to be and must be a personal matter of individuals. It becomes a trouble when imposed by others. You can show someone the true path but to walk on that way or not is all up to that person. And the implementation of religious laws as has happened in various "religious" countries where Kings consume alcohol and enjoy the dancing boys while people are publicly beheaded raises serious questions regarding what level people have sunk to when it comes to religion and human rights. Also, Islamic laws are not supposed to be done as "mob-justice". There have to be several levels of courts presided over by learned intellectuals and the justice meted out has to be backed by strongest evidences and witnesses. And even after that, Allah has urged humans to forgive and act mercifully to whatever extent is possible. It disappointing how people are misusing the word Sharia and Islamic Laws to satisfy their personal gains.

2- Freedom of expression is what is says it is: freedom to express what you believe is true whether it hurts somebody or not. And by that definition, Freedom of Expression does not exist in almost entire planet. The people who use freedom of expression to harass or demonize others are themselves troubled when someone from opposite side uses that same "freedom" to put forth challenging ideas. This is hypocrisy at its finest level. Therefore, it is safe to assume that Freedom of Expression just exists in theory and not in practice.

3- On circumcision and human rights: Circumcision is a medically proven beneficial method which benefits the recipient male in his later life. It's not human rights abuse. If you were to put a tattoo or piercings on a child without its permission, that would be a human right abuse. Consider this, if a child needs a heart surgery, you would not wait 18 years for the child to grow up to take its permission to perform the surgery. Same thing goes for circumcision also: it's important for the recipient child so the parents can decide over it.

FGM is the actual mutilation and should not be done. It has no religious backing. Those practicing it are acting on their perversions.

4- On dealing with anti-Islamic people: They come towards you (not you, personally) because you give them your attention. Stop feeding the trolls. They need some channel to vent out their life failures. Stop being such channels for them. It's that simple. Ignore them. Lead by example, not by arguments or force.
                      Last edited by aamirsayid; 27-01-14, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by aamirsayid View Post
                        1- Religion has to be and must be a personal matter of individuals. It becomes a trouble when imposed by others.
                        This does not apply to Muslims. Islamic law allowed itself to be enforced against the Muslims. That is why hadd punishments exist.

Comment

Your duties towards Allah comes first, and He decides what rights we have and do not have.

Comment

Originally posted by |Sister| View Post
                            Islaam is human rights. Allah has described what rights belong to us and what we are forbidden from taking. Most of those match with "secular" rights (which themselves are left over from christian laws in the west).

This has nothing to do with their human rights. This is capital punishment for a crime punishable by death. They still have the right to a defense, to be sheltered, fed and clothed kindly while in prison, to be washed and buried and prayed over.
                            but if you look at human rights there is no way you can do the punishable islamic acts

Comment

Originally posted by |Sister| View Post
                              This does not apply to Muslims. Islamic law allowed itself to be enforced against the Muslims. That is why hadd punishments exist.
                              The authority to enforce the law rests with the ruler, not with the commoners.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X