Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I plan on traveling in the future to help out with famine relief and charity work.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    I plan on traveling in the future to help out with famine relief and charity work.

    As-salamu alaykum,

    I plan on traveling in the future to help out with famine relief and charity work. I'm definitely going to Sarajevo as it's my homeland. I heard it's still scattered and scarce, and the last time I visited, I was upset because of the conditions my people lived in.

    I could use some recommendations though, I want to be of assistance and it doesn't matter where as long as I'm helping out people who need it.

    Where do you guys live?
    Last edited by muratSul; 06-01-14, 01:20 PM.

    #2
    Re: I plan on traveling in the future to help out with famine relief and charity work

    Any recommendations?

    Comment


      #3
      Re: I plan on traveling in the future to help out with famine relief and charity work

      Wa Alaikuma Salam.

      I like Bosnian people for some strange reason. Would love to go there one day and maybe spend it with the locals. Being black though am scared I'd probably look like a penguin in the desert lol.

      Mash'Allah a noble thing you are doing devoting yourself to charity work. There are a lot of places you can go. Pakistan, Somalia, Syria. Problem is though I donno if charities accept people to fly over there as volunteers.

      May Allah sw help you with your endeavours. Ameen
      Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see.

      Comment


        #4
        Re: I plan on traveling in the future to help out with famine relief and charity work

        Originally posted by InTheBegining View Post
        Wa Alaikuma Salam.

        I like Bosnian people for some strange reason. Would love to go there one day and maybe spend it with the locals. Being black though am scared I'd probably look like a penguin in the desert lol.

        Mash'Allah a noble thing you are doing devoting yourself to charity work. There are a lot of places you can go. Pakistan, Somalia, Syria. Problem is though I donno if charities accept people to fly over there as volunteers.

        May Allah sw help you with your endeavours. Ameen
        Jazak-allahu khair brother. We're all people, they wouldn't care about your skin color.

        The locals are awesome and they're really welcoming. You'll hear a lot of stories about the siege of Sarajevo, how repugnant it was to our people and how Islam is of immense size in our country. I remember being little and waking up every morning and hearing the adhan. I had this toy motorcycle I would mess around with in the driveway and I would always recite prayer while driving around in it. I made people go nuts because of how often I did this.

        My dad and his brother were in a death champ. My dad's name is actually in the book Stotinu Dana Golgote. I'll post pictures soon.
        Last edited by muratSul; 06-01-14, 03:48 PM.

        Comment


          #5
          Re: I plan on traveling in the future to help out with famine relief and charity work

          Originally posted by InTheBegining View Post
          Wa Alaikuma Salam.

          I like Bosnian people for some strange reason. Would love to go there one day and maybe spend it with the locals. Being black though am scared I'd probably look like a penguin in the desert lol.

          Mash'Allah a noble thing you are doing devoting yourself to charity work. There are a lot of places you can go. Pakistan, Somalia, Syria. Problem is though I donno if charities accept people to fly over there as volunteers.

          May Allah sw help you with your endeavours. Ameen
          May Allah help you with yours too.

          I just feel like doing this for these people could erase the sights of past atrocities and give them more hope.

          Where are you from, my friend?

          Comment


            #6
            Re: I plan on traveling in the future to help out with famine relief and charity work

            Originally posted by muratSul View Post

            My dad and his brother were in a death champ. My dad's name is actually in the book Stotinu Dana Golgote. I'll post pictures soon.
            May Allah SW grant your father jannah and reward him for the hardship he went through. Ameem. I can't imagine what he would have went though with those filth serbs. I remember seen all those mass graves full of muslims.

            But Hows Islam in bosnia. I had an Albanian friend who I use to play football with and we use to go pray together but haven't seen in him ages and recently saw his facebook and he was full of tattoos and whatnot.
            Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see.

            Comment


              #7
              Re: I plan on traveling in the future to help out with famine relief and charity work

              I am planning on doing the same thing!! I mean I've travelled to many countries before but not for that reason. Nice to see people interested in this.
              Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery and Today is a Gift thats why we call it The Present :)

              Comment


                #8
                Re: I plan on traveling in the future to help out with famine relief and charity work

                Mashallah.

                I have always wanted to do some project like this... but i can't... unless my brothers happen to want to go, which they have spoken about before... but now all of them grown up and working, i doubt they have any time... which is sad...

                Anyhow i wish you the best, inshallah you may help your hometown and make a change.

                i am sure anywhere is good. I am aware that their are organisations that you can join that travel and do those activities, but you will be the one responsable for your travel costs.
                I remember going to this islamic event where i aeen a leaflet on going abroad and help fund and build things... i apologize but i forgot the name of the organisation. I think it is best to do this with others rather than your own.

                May Allah reward you for the good deeds. Ameen
                Bye...

                Comment


                  #9
                  Re: I plan on traveling in the future to help out with famine relief and charity work

                  Originally posted by InTheBegining View Post
                  May Allah SW grant your father jannah and reward him for the hardship he went through. Ameem. I can't imagine what he would have went though with those filth serbs. I remember seen all those mass graves full of muslims.

                  But Hows Islam in bosnia. I had an Albanian friend who I use to play football with and we use to go pray together but haven't seen in him ages and recently saw his facebook and he was full of tattoos and whatnot.
                  My dad is alive. The camp got shut down in 1992. I remember our house in Bosnia got ransacked by police and a bunch of weapons my dad, grandpa and uncle shared during the war got seized. Would have made a great souvenir.. I fear asking any of them if they've ever killed anybody before. As far as Islam goes in Bosnia, my grandpa went to the mosque whenever he could, my mom reads the Holy Qu'ran and my dad prays everyday. The rest of my family is Muslim too.

                  Pakistan, Somalia, Syria, Morocco and Bosnia sound pretty good to me.

                  Originally posted by Humaira Hakim View Post
                  I am planning on doing the same thing!! I mean I've travelled to many countries before but not for that reason. Nice to see people interested in this.
                  Where do you plan on going?

                  Originally posted by Maghrebia00 View Post
                  Mashallah.

                  I have always wanted to do some project like this... but i can't... unless my brothers happen to want to go, which they have spoken about before... but now all of them grown up and working, i doubt they have any time... which is sad...

                  Anyhow i wish you the best, inshallah you may help your hometown and make a change.

                  i am sure anywhere is good. I am aware that their are organisations that you can join that travel and do those activities, but you will be the one responsable for your travel costs.
                  I remember going to this islamic event where i aeen a leaflet on going abroad and help fund and build things... i apologize but i forgot the name of the organisation. I think it is best to do this with others rather than your own.

                  May Allah reward you for the good deeds. Ameen
                  May Allah reward you for yours too, I can tell that you're a good man.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X