Imitating the Kuffar

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imitating the Kuffar

To what limit is it permissible to imitate the kuffar, where do we draw the line?

I see sheikhs wearing suits and ties, Muslims celebrating thanks giving, etc.

Do not invest your hopes in anyone but Allah and do not fear anything but the consequences and repercussions of your sins!

Uthmaan R.A

Re: Imitating the Kuffar

Originally posted by Sheikh_Google View Post
    To what limit is it permissible to imitate the kuffar, where do we draw the line?

I see sheikhs wearing suits and ties, Muslims celebrating thanks giving, etc.
    :salams:

Well according to ibn Qayyum (RH) the sunnah is to wear the clothes of your culture. Sheikh Yasir Qadhi said this. Allah hu alem.
    لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله

Comment

wearing suit and a tie isn't imitating the kuffar
      http://treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com/
      Perfect Handmade Cookies for your Dhikr Sessison
      http://s9.postimg.org/46cs0lqz3/bvita_jpg.jpg
      for all your sufism needs
      http://s2.postimg.org/tl4ep7qzp/image.jpg

Comment

Celebrating non-muslim special days are not allowed. I think even tie is not recommended as it signifies the cross, if Im not mistaken, and wearing clothes that belong to a certain religious group (that use it for religious purposes) is not allowed too.
        “Mix with the noble people, you become one of them; and keep away from evil people so that you protect yourself from their evils.”

Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

Comment

Originally posted by muslimboy764 View Post
          wearing suit and a tie isn't imitating the kuffar
          Imitating Non-Muslim Dress: Is It Always Impermissible?

Ruling on wearing trousers and a suit and tie

Could go either way. What we know for sure is wearing a Western style suit is not from the Sunnah Az-zaw'id. So while maybe not blameworthy it is a missed opportunity to do something praise worthy.
          By Him in whose Hand is the Soul of Muhammad, there is not one from the nations of the Jews and the Christians who hears about me and then dies while he has not believed in what I have been sent with except that he will be one of the companions of the Fire”. (Reported by Muslim in kitaabul Imaan)
          www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

Comment

Imitating? I guess not wearing business suits?

Comment

No its ok to wear business suits. Its the tie that shouldnt be worn.
              “Mix with the noble people, you become one of them; and keep away from evil people so that you protect yourself from their evils.”

Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

Comment

Everybody has his own logic. I say ''Laqad kana lakum fi Rasulullahi uswatun hasana''
                and
                ''man tashabbaha biqawmihi fa huwa minhum''
                Allah swt knows best

Comment

Working...
                X