• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wallahi

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
    say kasme
    2 people got that joke
    "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

Comment

say kasme
      lol fair enough but i hardly hear people say that any more.
      "Your votes may change the government but they won't change the system"

The Prophet said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (an evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." [Saheeh Al Bukhari]
      “The wiping away of the World means less to Allah than a Believer to be killed unjustly” [Sunan Ibn Majah]

Comment

Originally posted by -Tawheed- View Post
        I'm not, i'm saying that they say it usually more than others.
        I have to agree. Now white people say it like it's nothing. Its just a bad habit that needs to disappear. InshaAllah when one gets the implications of what they're saying so they'll stop. To most people, its like an extra word they HAVE to say or else everything they say is lies . It definitely all stems from the lack of knowledge, may Allah increase us all in knowledge, ameen
        الحق لا يعرف بالرجال، اعرف الحق تعرف رجاله

Comment

Originally posted by whisperofimaan View Post
          I have to agree. Now white people say it like it's nothing. Its just a bad habit that needs to disappear. InshaAllah when one gets the implications of what they're saying so they'll stop. To most people, its like an extra word they HAVE to say or else everything they say is lies . It definitely all stems from the lack of knowledge, may Allah increase us all in knowledge, ameen
          Ameen.

You mean non-Muslims right ?.
          Collection of Arabic Learning material and Islamic Books

Away for a bit

Comment

Originally posted by Yunus aua View Post
            Ameen.

You mean non-Muslims right ?.
            Oh I didn't mean to sound racist or anything hmm non muslims is a better choice of words
            Yes. Because they hear their muslim friends say it so much. All of a sudden you see non-muslims saying "Say Wallah" to each other, while they're having a conversation! I found it to be a bit amusing but very sad :-/
            الحق لا يعرف بالرجال، اعرف الحق تعرف رجاله

Comment

Wallahi

R ist

Comment

I always took this seriously, when I was a christian and even when I had no religion. Christians call it "taking god's name in vain", or just randomly swearing by God's witness even when you are lying about keeping a promise, committing a crime or when you are doing something immoral.

Christians also have the habit of saying "god damn this" or "oh my god" or "I swear to god!" without realizing they are asking god to actually damn someone to the fire, or they are actually swearing that god has witnessed the "truth" of their words when they are actually lying. When you try to explain this to someone, they think it's no big deal and it doesn't make God angry.

When I lived up north, I met quite a few sisters from a certain country who said wallahi wallahi after every sentence, and it made me worry. It makes me a killjoy, but when I come across someone doing this I try to explain the gravity of swearing by Allah when you are actually lying. It's really digging yourself into deep trouble.

Another thing that useless swearing leads to is them (that group from that culture) not believing you unless you say WALLAHI, and that makes me angry. I come from a culture where your words are taken as truth unless you have done something to garner suspicion on yourself. We don't like being accused of lying for simple things like "my phone is broken" or "I don't have correct change for the machine".

Comment

Some people swear on really odd things, a common one here is I swear on my mother's grave. So okay if you're wrong you want your mother to die? Don't get it honestly.

Comment

na'am yani
                    Fabi-ayyiala -i rabbikuma tukaththibani
                    Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr8DR8frP_s

You are not here just to fill space or to be a background character in someone else's movie. Consider this: nothing would be the same if you did not exist. Every place you have ever been and everyone you have ever spoken to would be different without you. We are all connected, and we are all affected by the decisions and even the existence of those around us.

Comment

Originally posted by Hadid View Post
                      Some people swear on really odd things, a common one here is I swear on my mother's grave. So okay if you're wrong you want your mother to die? Don't get it honestly.
                      That's actually shirk.
                      Swearing by other than Allah is shirk
                      Collection of Arabic Learning material and Islamic Books

Away for a bit

Comment

Originally posted by Hadid
                        ...Don't get it honestly.
                        A grave means already dead?

Comment

I'm sure I wasn't the only one who thought about Somali's.

With desi's its more the "maa kassam!"

Comment

A grave means already dead?
                            I think I've heard people say it when their mother's were alive...

Comment

Wallahi

its ok it happens just forgive mlve on

Comment

Originally posted by Hadid View Post
                                I think I've heard people say it when their mother's were alive...
                                Wait, they swore an oath and they're mothers are now dead?

Comment

Working...
                                X