Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Firaasah

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Firaasah

    :sub: wabihamdihi:sub:hiladheem


  • #2
    Re: Firaasah

    possessed maybe lol
    Gone with the wind.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Firaasah

      Originally posted by rainbow*~ View Post
      Firaasah can be translated to mean intuition, insight, sixth sense, gut feeling, deep judgment, and related terms.

      The Prophet said, “Fear the Firaasah of a believer, for he sees with the Light of Allah.”

      My question is how comes non-Muslims have firaasah as well :scratch:
      It doesn't conflict with what is said there.
      There it says, fear that of a believer, it doesn't say only believers have it.
      Maybe a believer has a deeper sense, to see more than others would
      Collection of Arabic Learning material and Islamic Books



      Away for a bit :wavey:

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Firaasah

        'Umar ra had that gift.

        Read up on micro expressions, you might find it interestin.

        Its what many of these people use to read others.

        Sorta like targetted guesswork.
        There is rest only in the aakhira.
        Man will rest in the aakhira according to how hard he strives in dunya.

        - Khaalid Ibn Al Waleed (ra) -

        If you find yourself in a time where speech is regarded as knowledge,
        and knowledge is regarded as deeds,
        then you are in the worst of times, with the worst of people.

        - Abu Hazim Al Ashja'i (ra) -

        I saw a dog without any clothes on .
        That's right, a nude dog.
        The Deepweb is disgusting.
        - Unknown -


        Links
        The Middle Road - At-Tanzil - Hifz Thread - Muslim Healthy Living
        Inheritors of Qur'aan

        Download Links




        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Firaasah

          Firaasah is an art, can be learned. Like reading from the facial expressions. I think Imam Ahmed had once travelled just to learn it.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Firaasah

            Yes, it is an ability to read that stems from many aspects. First and foremost Islamic knowledge that allows the reader to read correctly based on the Qur'aan and Sunnah. They see patterns they've read about in the Qur'aan and Sunnah, similar examples to what they have studied from true stories that were so relevant as to be mentioned by Allah (swt) Himself and His Prophet :saw:. Then with that their quickness of wit, that they can tie what they see so fast with material that is so readily available in their heads. Then their is their general knowledge, that sherlock holmes type ability to tie a physical attribute with locations or situations.

            So all this is why I agree totally with the above that it can be learned. It needs not be an innate ability one is born with, though I'm sure some are more inclined with the talent than others, like with all things. But also like with all things, hard work make it possible.
            والمبادرة إلى التكفير إنما تغلب على طباع من يغلب عليهم الجهل - ابن تيمية رحمه الله - بغية المرتاد

            "Rushing towards takfir is an attitude which is dominant over those who are defeated by ignorance." - Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullah [Bughyatul Murtaad, page 354]

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Firaasah

              Sounds like awesome stuff, something I'd definitely like to learn.
              :sub: wabihamdihi:sub:hiladheem

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Firaasah

                It's not that hard to read people, personality is written on peoples faces if you meet enough people you will realise this.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Firaasah

                  Originally posted by علي View Post
                  Yes, it is an ability to read that stems from many aspects. First and foremost Islamic knowledge that allows the reader to read correctly based on the Qur'aan and Sunnah. They see patterns they've read about in the Qur'aan and Sunnah, similar examples to what they have studied from true stories that were so relevant as to be mentioned by Allah (swt) Himself and His Prophet :saw:. Then with that their quickness of wit, that they can tie what they see so fast with material that is so readily available in their heads. Then their is their general knowledge, that sherlock holmes type ability to tie a physical attribute with locations or situations.

                  So all this is why I agree totally with the above that it can be learned. It needs not be an innate ability one is born with, though I'm sure some are more inclined with the talent than others, like with all things. But also like with all things, hard work make it possible.
                  I see what you're saying.

                  What would Umar (RA) khutbah incident fall under?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Firaasah

                    Has anyone had any personal experiences of this sort out of interest?

                    do you guys think firaasah has anything to do with this Hadith:

                    “I will declare war against him who shows hostility to a pious worshipper of mine And the most beloved things with which My slave comes nearer to Me, is what I have enjoined upon him; and My worshipper keeps on coming closes to Me through perfoming Nawafil (praying or doing extra deeds besides what is (obligatory) till I love him, then I become his sense of hearing with which he hears, and his sense of sight with which he sees, and his hands with which he grips, and his legs with which he walks; and if he ask Me, I will give him, and if he ask My Protection (Refuge), I will Protect him.” Narrated by Al-Bukhari.
                    Last edited by rainbow*~; 25-08-13, 01:20 AM.
                    :sub: wabihamdihi:sub:hiladheem

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Firaasah

                      Originally posted by Fais View Post
                      I see what you're saying.

                      What would Umar (RA) khutbah incident fall under?
                      Yeah, I'm curious about that too.
                      الحق لا يعرف بالرجال، اعرف الحق تعرف رجاله

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Firaasah

                        Originally posted by rainbow*~ View Post
                        Has anyone had any personal experiences of this sort out of interest?

                        do you guys think firaasah has anything to do with this Hadith:

                        “I will declare war against him who shows hostility to a pious worshipper of mine And the most beloved things with which My slave comes nearer to Me, is what I have enjoined upon him; and My worshipper keeps on coming closes to Me through perfoming Nawafil (praying or doing extra deeds besides what is (obligatory) till I love him, then I become his sense of hearing with which he hears, and his sense of sight with which he sees, and his hands with which he grips, and his legs with which he walks; and if he ask Me, I will give him, and if he ask My Protection (Refuge), I will Protect him.” Narrated by Al-Bukhari.
                        It means that that person will avoid looking at haram, listening to haram and etc. So I'm sure a lot of Muslims have
                        firasah has mostly to do with reading people
                        الحق لا يعرف بالرجال، اعرف الحق تعرف رجاله

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Firaasah

                          Originally posted by Fais View Post
                          I see what you're saying.

                          What would Umar (RA) khutbah incident fall under?
                          Allah knows best, but I was talking about the aspect of it that allows one to see a person and conclude things about them. And there are some stories from scholars of old who had firaasah, when asked how they knew, they listed their reasoning that indicated they paid attention to their surroundings and focused on them, and then they used wit and intelligence to form conclusions.

                          Not saying there isn't a religious aspect to it of course, there is, but I believe it can be obtained to an extent wallahu a`lam. That is what I understood from lectures on the subject.
                          والمبادرة إلى التكفير إنما تغلب على طباع من يغلب عليهم الجهل - ابن تيمية رحمه الله - بغية المرتاد

                          "Rushing towards takfir is an attitude which is dominant over those who are defeated by ignorance." - Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullah [Bughyatul Murtaad, page 354]

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Firaasah

                            There are different types of firasah. The first type of firasah OP referred to is the firasah of iman and this is an insight of the heart in someone who has iman. This is something which "consumes" the heart, hence the name firasah. The strength of the insight has to do with the strength of their iman. Only believers have this.

                            There are other types of firasah which people gain through meditation an abstinence from the world and this can be seen in the wisdom of the of the non Muslim devotees like munks, ect. We can take from this wisdom but it is not always accurate and reliable like the firasah imaniyyah.

                            The other type of firasah has to do with reading people according to their physical characteristics and is gained through learning and experience as others have mentioned in this thread.

                            Wa Allah alim.
                            Blessed is He in Whose Hand is the Dominion, and He is Able to do all things. (67.1)

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Firaasah

                              someone give me an example please
                              "O you who have believed, shall I guide you to a transaction that will save you from a painful punishment?
                              (It is that) you believe in Allah and His Messenger and strive in the cause of Allah with your wealth and your lives. That is best for you, if you should know.
                              He will forgive for you your sins and admit you to gardens beneath which rivers flow and pleasant dwellings in gardens of perpetual residence. That is the great attainment"
                              .


                              "And (you will obtain) another (favour) that you love - victory from Allah and an imminent conquest; and give good tidings to the believers"
                              .

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X