X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Be careful when donating to Islamic Relief

Read this :

Charities defend bosses' salaries

The Daily Telegraph reported that the number of executives at charities connected to the Disasters Emergency Committee (DEC) receiving or more has increased from 19 to 30 over the past three years. The Telegraph research focused on 14 foreign aid charities which make up the DEC, which raises money quickly at times of tragedy in the world.

The charities involved with DEC include Action Aid, Age International, British Red Cross, CAFOD, Care International, Christian Aid, Concern Worldwide, Islamic Relief, Merlin, Oxfam, Plan UK, Save the Children, Tearfund and World Vision.
    ----------

http://news.uk.msn.com/charities-def...ses-salaries-1
    'Nor say of anything,"I shall be sure to do so and so tomorrow" without adding, " if Allah (SWT) Wills" (18:23-24)

QuranExplorer.com, where you can Listen to the Holy Recitation and Translation online in Arabic and English : http://www.quranexplorer.com/quran/ :)

Re: Be careful when donating to Islamic Relief

Stuff like this makes me so mad. If they're using the money given to help the needy, I hope that money burns them in hell. Asdf. Where could one donate then? I used to donate here and my local mosque.
    6:62 "Then are they restored unto Allah, their Lord, the Just. Surely His is the judgment. And He is the most swift of reckoners."

Comment

Originally posted by Kalikatu View Post
      Stuff like this makes me so mad. If they're using the money given to help the needy, I hope that money burns them in hell. Asdf. Where could one donate then? I used to donate here and my local mosque.
      muslim aid?

Comment

UWT - www.uwt.org 100% donations policy
        If knowledge was a justification for taqwa then shaytan would be the most muttaqi - maulana Zahir Mahmood
        'More beloved to me than 23 years of lecturing' Sheikh Ahmed Ali
        Islamic etiquette for social media
        http://youtu.be/VVa7av9eKkY

Comment

Oh no..!!

I gave quite a bit to Islamic Relief this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Peacenik View Post
            Read this :

Charities defend bosses' salaries

----------

http://news.uk.msn.com/charities-def...ses-salaries-1
            Aghhhh!!!! Astaghfirullah what the heck is this nonsense. I emailed them once asking how much of the money goes to the actual disasters and they said 90% and the other 10% are for "admin" what kind of admin is this. Who even needs that much money seriously? Do they not fear Allah death can approach them at any minute and they have no shame or fear. May Allah guide such a sad state of affairs.

Comment

Aghhhhh!!! :@ astaghfirullah these people have no conscience what so ever. We give money for the people in need not people affected by friggin' greed. I emailed them once asking where the money goes they said 90% goes to the disasters and 10% to "admin" -_- what kind of admin is this???
              No fear of the Almighty and what will they do with that amount of money anyway I mean who needs 100, 000 a YEAR?! May Allah guide what a saaad saad state of affairs *sigh*

Comment

I hate to say this but I don't really trust my local Masjid when it comes to giving Zakat-al-Fitr (as an example). I've a feeling they'll use the money in a way it's not supposed to be used.

I normally give it online instead.

Originally posted by chameleon View Post
                Oh no..!!

Your intention was to help the poor (regardless of whether the money got to them or not). Insha'Allah you'll be rewarded :)
                'Nor say of anything,"I shall be sure to do so and so tomorrow" without adding, " if Allah (SWT) Wills" (18:23-24)

QuranExplorer.com, where you can Listen to the Holy Recitation and Translation online in Arabic and English : http://www.quranexplorer.com/quran/ :)

Comment

I gave money to orphans in need, reed foundation and personally most importantly national zakat foundation (NZK) this year.

Comment

thats really sad if they are muslims :(

May Allah guide them.

Comment

salaams to all

if this is indeed true
                      then we should stop giving any money to them

also, everyone should email them
                      saying that you are very sad to learn that senior staff earn so much & this NOT something expected of an Islamic aid organisation.

this is the reason that islam advocates that positions of leadership etc be filled by the most pious people
                      not the ones with the most education or experience

if someone has both piety & experience etc, then well & good

if anyone wants to donate then try these:
                      http://www.alimdaad.com/html/Public/Contact.aspx

http://www.giftofthegivers.org/contact-us/

http://www.africamuslimsagency.co.za...mId=9&Itemid=3

these are South African based organisations but as far as i know, they are all OK

and Allah ta'ala knows best
                      jazakallah
                      Sufyaan Thawri "Whoever is very popular with his relations and neighbours, we suspect him to be compromising in preaching the true teachings of religion."
                      very good site for English bayaans in MP3 format-check it out- u wont be disappointed: http://www.musjidnoor.za.net/index.html & http://alhaadi.org.za/majlis-program...downloads.html

Comment

Have told people this before but no one cares, but now the Telegraph said it maybe they will believe it.

They drive around in big cars with personalised number plates, spend ridiculous amounts on 'expenses' and then lecture their workers who they pay a pittance about how we are doing this for the sake of Allah. Assed baig exposed them a while back too, and it came as no surprise.

Comment

Originally posted by chameleon View Post
                          Oh no..!!

So did I last year, quite lot of my zakat money!!

The ones I will be donated to this year have a 100% donation policy and are mainly for the Syrian cause.

Comment

Originally posted by طاهِر View Post
                            UWT - www.uwt.org 100% donations policy
                            Ditto,

also note that if the brothers or sisters who distribute the Charity money get some for their expenses, even a descent Salary, we should not be dissing them,

indeed it is better if they did everything for Free, but asking or taking a reasonable Salary is not necessarily wrong, particularly if they are doing this Full-time,

remember we are supposed to be Helping those who are striving in the way of Allah ta'ala Physically and Financially.

:jkk:
                            http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

Comment

Originally posted by Saif-Uddin View Post
                              Ditto,

also note that if the brothers or sisters who distribute the Charity money get some for their expenses, even a descent Salary, we should not be dissing them,

indeed it is better if they did everything for Free, but asking or taking a reasonable Salary is not necessarily wrong, particularly if they are doing this Full-time,

remember we are supposed to be Helping those who are striving in the way of Allah ta'ala Physically and Financially.

:jkk:
                              Ya, it is different if you work for money in a charity organisation but I don't think 100,000 is an amount that is 'normal' to be payed..astagfirullah. It makes sense to be payed for the work you do, but this..? May Allah sawwata'aalaa guide us from greed.
                              6:62 "Then are they restored unto Allah, their Lord, the Just. Surely His is the judgment. And He is the most swift of reckoners."

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X