What exactly is a dayooth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What exactly is a dayooth?

So there's a hadith which says that a dayooth won't be allowed in Jannah, but what does it really mean to have absolutely no gheerah?

I feel that a lot of men will be jealous in some ways but not others. Here in the US, many Muslim men may be okay with their wives not wearing hijab, or talking to men they know without being flirty. I've seen it all over Muslim desi communities and it's a norm (and no, I don't want this thread to be about their lack of faith, it's about defining a dayooth). But they'd never be okay with someone blatantly hitting on their wife, or even worse, committing zina with her (astaghfirullah).

My question is, does allowing a bit of free-mixing really fall into the same category as allowing a wife to commit zina? Do men in the first category I mentioned really have no gheerah at all, or do they have some but not enough?

Re: What exactly is a dayooth?

Abdullaah ibn ‘Umar(rA) reported that the Prophet (saw) said:

“Three people will not enter paradise, and Allaah will not look to them on the Day of Judgement: the one who is disobedient to his parents, the woman who imitates men and the ad-Dayooth.” (Ahmad)

Ad-Dayooth is the man who permits women for whom he is responsible (eg: mother, wife, sister etc.) to engage in illicit sexual relations, or to display their beauty to strange men, thereby stimulating their sexual desires.
    Last edited by ahaneefah; 28-07-13, 04:57 PM.

Comment

http://www.islamicawakening.com/view...?articleID=860

Comment

Originally posted by ahaneefah View Post
        Abdullaah ibn ‘Umar(rA) reported that the Prophet (saw) said:

“Three people will not enter paradise, and Allaah will not look to them on the Day of Judgement: the one who is disobedient to his parents, the woman who imitates men and the ad-Dayooth.” (Ahmad)

Ad-Dayooth is the man who permits women for whom he is responsible (eg: mother, wife, sister etc.) to engage in illicit sexual relations, or to display their beauty to strange men, thereby stimulating their sexual desires.*
        I think letting your wife talk to other men (even in a 'non-flirty' way) can make you a dayooth.

Comment

Wow this is scary, so many Muslims would qualify as a dayooth.
          :orange: www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com :orange:

Comment

Originally posted by Know_Thyself View Post
            I think letting your wife talk to other men (even in a 'non-flirty' way) can make you a dayooth.
            It makes no sense to put permitting regular talking in the same category as permitting zina. Obviously committing zina is a lot worse than simply talking to or looking at a non-mehram, so why would they be equally bad on the husband's part if the wife is doing those things?

Comment

Originally posted by casbah View Post
              It makes no sense to put permitting regular talking in the same category as permitting zina. Obviously committing zina is a lot worse than simply talking to or looking at a non-mehram, so why would they be equally bad on the husband's part if the wife is doing those things?
              I mean, being ok with letting your wife speak to an old 'friend' etc. Talking out of necessity is one thing, talking for the sake of talking is just ridiculous.

What do you consider to be regular talking?

Comment

Is there a female version of dayooth out of interest?
                :sub: wabihamdihi:sub:hiladheem

Comment

I mean, being ok with letting your wife speak to an old 'friend' etc. Talking out of necessity is one thing, talking for the sake of talking is just ridiculous.

What do you consider to be regular talking?
                  But even talking for the sake of talking is very different from fornicating.

If that is considered dayooth, then with that hadith taken literally, the vast majority of Muslims who I know would end up in jahannam.

Comment

Originally posted by rainbow*~:5295231
                    Is there a female version of dayooth out of interest?
                    Not unless women become the protectors and maintainers of men.

Comment

Originally posted by casbah View Post
                      But even talking for the sake of talking is very different from fornicating.

If that is considered dayooth, then with that hadith taken literally, the vast majority of Muslims who I know would end up in jahannam.
                      The Hadith did not stop at just fornication.

What are your views on a sister talking to a non-mahram? Or vice versa?

Comment

Originally posted by cooldog View Post
                        Not unless women become the protectors and maintainers of men.
                        So what is it called when a woman doesn't mind her husband talking to and mixing with other women?
                        :sub: wabihamdihi:sub:hiladheem

Comment

Originally posted by rainbow*~ View Post
                          So what is it called when a woman doesn't mind her husband talking to and mixing with other women?
                          A couple who need to fix up? Lol...

Comment

You are correct, unless out of necessity we shouldn't have banter with non-mehrems of the opposite gender,

Unfortunately there's plenty of dayyuths in societies of now

Nauzubillah min zaliq
                            http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

Comment

Originally posted by rainbow*~ View Post
                              A woman who has no jealousy and sense of righteousness.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X