• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tayyiboon
    replied
    Re: How can we tackle these people?

Originally posted by .:Hanna:. View Post
    Tayyiboon - You will find deviants from all groups and it is very difficult to cast a whole section of society as being deviant simply because of the irrational actions of a few. Ironically someone I work with practises 'Sufism' who is a hindu. I simply do not understand the concept but he said it is very common in India for hindus. sikh and other fraction to take part of tasawwuf and merge it within their doctrine. It is a time of fitnah and the best thing to do is abstain from all those who seek nothing but to confuse or harm you.

I have come across many sufis who are a beacon in the Muslim community and it is sad that such individuals don't get the 2 minutes fame on youtube.
    i didnt blame all sufis.....

Leave a comment:

• ahmed_abdullah
    replied

:salams
    :start:

Make dua for their hidayah.If they are not on the correct path then May Allah guide them or destroy them in this world and aqeerah.For there is no shahadah without remembering Syeddinna rasulallah salellahualaiwasalam

Leave a comment:

• .:Hanna:.
    replied

Tayyiboon - You will find deviants from all groups and it is very difficult to cast a whole section of society as being deviant simply because of the irrational actions of a few. Ironically someone I work with practises 'Sufism' who is a hindu. I simply do not understand the concept but he said it is very common in India for hindus. sikh and other fraction to take part of tasawwuf and merge it within their doctrine. It is a time of fitnah and the best thing to do is abstain from all those who seek nothing but to confuse or harm you.

I have come across many sufis who are a beacon in the Muslim community and it is sad that such individuals don't get the 2 minutes fame on youtube.

Leave a comment:

• tayyiboon
    replied

Originally posted by MuslimBrother' View Post
    Aqeedah should ONLY BE TAKEN FROM CLASSICAL sources. Here are some links:

Aqeedah Tahawiyyah
    Sharh Aqeedah Tahawiyyah by Imam Ibn Abi Al Izz Al Hanafi
    this was not the subject of the OP

Leave a comment:

• MuslimBrother'
    replied

Originally posted by Uthmani View Post
    It's always very dangerous when talking about these topics, it's like opening up all your defences to Shaytan.
    Aqeedah should ONLY BE TAKEN FROM CLASSICAL sources. Here are some links:

Aqeedah Tahawiyyah
    Sharh Aqeedah Tahawiyyah by Imam Ibn Abi Al Izz Al Hanafi

Leave a comment:

• Hadid
    replied

Do you mean madhab as in the Hanafi, Shafi'i, Maliki and Hanbali madhabs?

If so, then some Imams in the Hanafi/Shafi'i/Maliki madhab were Ash'aris themselves but not Jahmi's. They had issues of doubt in certain things but that does not go to far as completely negating Allah (s.w.t) as some Ash'ari/Maturidi's (who are Jahmi in actuality) do today. Thus, the answer to your question is no.

No madhab says this as the madhahib are part of Ahlus Sunnah Wal Jamah and the majority of its Imams did not differ on major issues in creed.
    ok :jkk:

Leave a comment:

• Uthmani
    replied

It's always very dangerous when talking about these topics, it's like opening up all your defences to Shaytan.

Leave a comment:

• MuslimBrother'
    replied

Originally posted by Hadid View Post
    Is there any madhab who says that we should not interpret it as Allah swt having a hand?
    Do you mean madhab as in the Hanafi, Shafi'i, Maliki and Hanbali madhabs?

If so, then some Imams in the Hanafi/Shafi'i/Maliki madhab were Ash'aris themselves but not Jahmi's. They had issues of doubt in certain things but that does not go to far as completely negating Allah (s.w.t) as some Ash'ari/Maturidi's (who are Jahmi in actuality) do today. Thus, the answer to your question is no.

No madhab says this as the madhahib are part of Ahlus Sunnah Wal Jamah and the majority of its Imams did not differ on major issues in creed.

Leave a comment:

• Hadid
    replied

Lol, the point I'm trying to make is that the Salaf took it as it came, without falling into negation. You'd be surprised, some people today say that "Hands" is it be interpreted as "power" and if it isn't, your a kaffir.
    Is there any madhab who says that we should not interpret it as Allah swt having a hand?

Leave a comment:

• MuslimBrother'
    replied

The hand thing just seems completely unnecessary to me. I don't think Allah revealed that verse so we may discuss about if he has hands or not.
    Lol, the point I'm trying to make is that the Salaf took it as it came, without falling into negation. You'd be surprised, some people today say that "Hands" is it be interpreted as "power" and if it isn't, your a kaffir.

Leave a comment:

• Uthmani
    replied

The hand thing just seems completely unnecessary to me. I don't think Allah revealed that verse so we may discuss about if he has hands or not.

Leave a comment:

• MuslimBrother'
    replied

Can someone explain whats the difference between asharis/maturidis/salafi. I know it has something to do with aqeedah but I don't know any of the specifics. I don't follow any particular school of thought because I can only do my bare bones basic as a Muslim right now. For aqeedah I believe there is one Go..
    Both My Hands". This entails that Allah (s.w.t) said about Himself that He has Hands. As to how these Hands are is not for us to delve in as it suits His Majesty. Other than what we have been informed with, nobody can say any more or any less than that. Thus, whatever Allah (s.w.t) says about Himself, is to be accepted without negation.

Ash'aris and Maturidi's essentially ended up explaining Aqeedah through the philosophical schools they inherited from their former selves, the Mu'tazila. Ash'arism is too difficult to define in and of itself as Ash'ari's themselves have shifted and changed from time. Imam Abu'l Hasan Ash'ari (r.h) before adopting the Aqeedah of Imam Ahmad ibn Hanbal (r.a), The Imam of Ahlus Sunnah, went on to adopt certain aspects of what Imam Kulaab taught. Thus he had some views that differed from the Mu'tazila but not completely in line with Ahmad ibn Hanbal (r.a) until he accepted it after going to Baghdad. His book, al-Ibaanah (which modern day Jahmi Ash'ari's deny is true and claim is fabricated) is testimony to his acceptance of the Athari aqeedah. Nonetheless, people claim to follow his old views. The general hype of Ash'aris is that they try to bridge reason and revelation, the term reason indicating philosophical goggles to see Islam through.

Thus, a lot of heresy can emerge out of this. Many of today's "Ash'ari's and Maturidi's" are actually Jahmi's, who deny the way Allah (s.w.t) has described himself , stating that it is anthropomorphism likening Allah (s.w.t) with creation. This comes out of many philosophical garbage (atomism, composition, existence is subject to these) etc.

It is so long to explain this whole thing, the best thing is this. Read Imam Tahawi's Aqeedah manual and then read Ibn Abi Al Izz's explanation of it. The best thing you can do :)
    Last edited by MuslimBrother'; 07-05-13, 02:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• tayyiboon
    replied

Originally posted by Abu Mus'ab View Post
    You certain you want to put the white house imam in there?
    regardless, my point was all of those cannot be deviant, we might have some difference with them but i believe they are from ahlu sunnah wal jama'ah

Leave a comment:

• Abu Mus'ab
    replied

Can someone explain whats the difference between asharis/maturidis/salafi. I know it has something to do with aqeedah but I don't know any of the specifics. I don't follow any particular school of thought because I can only do my bare bones basic as a Muslim right now. For aqeedah I believe there is one Go..
    It's better to not get bogged down in unnecessary arguments.

Leave a comment:

• Abu Mus'ab
    replied

Originally posted by tayyiboon View Post
    a big statement....

you are telling me all of the sufis such as yunus patel, zulfiqar, hamza yusuf, abdul hakim murad, faruq abd-Allah, faraz rabbani, muhammad akhtar, ibrahim osi efa are deviant?
    You certain you want to put the white house imam in there?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X