Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do Brothers look down on a working sister?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do Brothers look down on a working sister?

How do I even begin to reason with brothers who think I am wrong for working and providing for my family. I am divorced. There is no islamic state for me to be cared for by? if you have no family offering support, what are you realistically suppose to do? why do so many brothers have a problem with a woman providing? honestly...what is someone to do in this situation? sit and wait and hope?

Widowed, divorced women in the prophets time did not provide for themselves, their children?

sorry for the rant.....it just frustrates me when a brother tells me i am doing wrong by going out to work...

Re: Do Brothers look down on a working sister?

Originally posted by Tahiyah View Post
    How do I even begin to reason with brothers who think I am wrong for working and providing for my family. I am divorced. There is no islamic state for me to be cared for by? if you have no family offering support, what are you realistically suppose to do? why do so many brothers have a problem with a woman providing? honestly...what is someone to do in this situation? sit and wait and hope?

Widowed, divorced women in the prophets time did not provide for themselves, their children?

sorry for the rant.....it just frustrates me when a brother tells me i am doing wrong by going out to work...
    Well at least you know you don't want to marry them.

Comment

If you're the sole provider for the household and your job is halal then I don't think there's anything wrong in it. May Allah swt make things easy for you and give you reward.
      [B][CENTER]Please keep me in your Dua'a. in'shaa'Allah ![/CENTER][/B]

Comment

I like to believe that people tend to be Reasonable. Now, a Reasonable person would not look down at a woman in your situation, for even the scholars are saying "well what the heck are they to do?", though they obviously do not regard the situation as ideal, given you did mention the absence of an Islamic state, which is of course as "not ideal" as it gets.

So given all that, I would hope that anyone who knows the situation as highlighted above would not object.
        والمبادرة إلى التكفير إنما تغلب على طباع من يغلب عليهم الجهل - ابن تيمية رحمه الله - بغية المرتاد

"Rushing towards takfir is an attitude which is dominant over those who are defeated by ignorance." - Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullah [Bughyatul Murtaad, page 354]

Comment

Because they're prideful little boys. Real men respect women who give their blood,sweat, and tears into taking care of her family.

Comment

Originally posted by DaughterOfAdam View Post
            what do you mean? you think brothers shouldnt marry sisters just because they provide for their families?

Comment

You're a sister?

لا تفكر كثيرا
              بل استغفر كثيرا

-------------------------------------------------------
              The children need your prayers more than anyone else
              -------------------------------------------------------
              www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Comment

Do brothers look down on working Sisters, No,

on the contrary, if they are wearing proper Hijaab, they respect them even more,

:jkk:
                http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Originally posted by DaughterOfAdam View Post
                  Would you mind elaborating on this?

are you suggesting that Brothers should not marry Divorcees, or Sisters purely because they work?

Comment

I'm pretty sure she's saying "when you see someone with that mentality, stay well away from them". As in, do not marry males who have the mentality mentioned in the opening post.
                    والمبادرة إلى التكفير إنما تغلب على طباع من يغلب عليهم الجهل - ابن تيمية رحمه الله - بغية المرتاد

"Rushing towards takfir is an attitude which is dominant over those who are defeated by ignorance." - Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullah [Bughyatul Murtaad, page 354]

Comment

Originally posted by علي View Post
                      I'm pretty sure she's saying "when you see someone with that mentality, stay well away from them". As in, do not marry males who have the mentality mentioned in the opening post.
                      makes sense akhi,

Comment

I see nothing wrong with your position, I respect you for what you're doing ukhti. Many years ago my mother worked 3 jobs to support 4 young children when my father wasn't around, what the hell is she supposed to do when there's nobody to help her? This eventually led my mother to major stress and diseases came to her because of it which led to her being disabled and unable to work. Alhamdulillah right now she's doing fine and well I pray that Allah guides her and increases her in health and the same to you ukthi.

Comment

Originally posted by Uthmani View Post
                          Because they're prideful little boys. Real men respect women who give their blood,sweat, and tears into taking care of her family.
                          thank you. you would think so..and i do appreciate the replies. i was even told i should make hijra. is there an islamic state i can make hijra to? i was told to depend on the welfare system, just so i can stay at home. or find work-from-home jobs. i think some people need to try on the shoes of others before passing judgement

Comment

Originally posted by Fadi View Post
                            I see nothing wrong with your position, I respect you for what you're doing ukhti. Many years ago my mother worked 3 jobs to support 4 young children when my father wasn't around, what the hell is she supposed to do when there's nobody to help her? This eventually led my mother to major stress and diseases came to her because of it which led to her being disabled and unable to work. Alhamdulillah right now she's doing fine and well I pray that Allah guides her and increases her in health.

ameen

Comment

The brother more than likely misunderstood your situation,

Ukthi as long as the work you do is Halal, theres nothing wrong with you earning a living for yourself, especially since you are divorced,

May Allah ta'ala grant you a muttaqeen spouse asap,

Comment

Working...
                              X