Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it better to be homeless or commit suicide?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it better to be homeless or commit suicide?

Salam

I'm servilely depressed person (being locked up in mental institution some time ago) and not content with my life.

- constant will to die
    - working for minimum wage (part time) in warehouse instead as programmer(got uni degree in that),
    - debts(government taxes),
    - 0 friends,
    - constant bullying when I was younger
    - afraid to speak with people etc.
    - totally unable to know how to live (so called "learned helplessness")
    - bunch of more much more serious problems with both me and my family (too ashamed to talk about it even on Internet)

So anyway I'm suicidal and I was thinking that my only hope (to live) is just to run away from everything and live as homeless person somewhere in south Europe (warmer nights).
    I know what hunger is because In the past I was forced for some time to seek food in bins etc (but somehow i was MUCH MORE CONTENT BACK THEN).

So I was thinking:

Is it permissible to run away and live as homeless if person have great desire to die - as extreme alternative to committing suicide?

ps. I don't need advices or support I just would like to know is it permissible.
    ps2. I don't have any kids, wife or anyone dependent on me.

Re: Is it better to be homeless or commit suicide?

Is it permissible to run away and live as homeless if person have great desire to die - as extreme alternative to committing suicide?

- Well Possibly, because Suicide is a terrible, irreversible sin. Have you got a plan when being homeless? couldn't you move elsewhere or go out of the country.

(I know you said no Advice..but recite the Qur'an, Seek Allah for help, only HE can help you (& Hurt you)
    don't suicide!! :asta:

Comment

Do you pray brother? 5 times a day?
      Homeless is better than death. Can you honestly say you've done enough to attain Jannah? Do you fast? Do you read Qur'an?

Where do you live? You can ask for help in mosques/masjids! Don't give up hope. You are a Muslim.
      Your depression is serious, I understand, but you must be doing something wrong ie. not praying, not doing dhikr for you to be like this.
      أمي.... علمتني كل الأشياء الجميلة في الحياة

Comment

Speak to your doctor. If you were at a mental institute they keep an eye on you. Have you got a psychologist that treats you. And if your severely depressed they should be giving you drugs that will lift your mood. Ppl react differently to drugs but find one that suits you. I know someone on lithium and they are doing well.

Also if you have a mental health illness than you could get incapacity working benefits ( I don't know if that is the term) and can even get a flat so you won't be homeless. This is all through the government. Maybe once you take these steps you will see the positives.

Just like you are on the forum asking us, do some research on the help and supprt you can get. Speak to a citizen bureaux advisor who may tell you what to do.

Hope that helps and best of luck.
        "Verily Allah does not look to your appearance or wealth, but he looks to your hearts and your deeds." [Sahih Muslim, Vol. 4, #6221]

Comment

if you feel that way, then do it; run away and lvie of the providence that Allah provides ... but whatever you do dont commit suicide for that just increases the suffering as one dies into the wrath of Allah [swt]

Comment

Neither, you need help.

Comment

saving life is an obligation, so if you feel your likely to commit suicide .. .then run away as quickly as possible; save yourself!

but once in the big wide world, take showers wherever you can [or at least when it pours down with rain [and do wudhu too] and dont forget to pray to ALlah as often as you can

do not ever forget that your ulitmate goal is to ALlah

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISftdydZNtA please watch this vid by railway children about running away, is short 2.30 min

Recipes for all the family :inlove:
                (and you thought I was a lazy feminazi which can't cook?)

Comment

Everyone has problems.
                  I find if you stick to 5x prayer, you become sort of resistant to being sad. Perhaps, it's crazy but it feels like something you can hold to, when all of life fails.It's not called a pillar for no good reason.
                  You will not die until all your provision has been given to you. I read that yesterday.
                  8 powerful habits to succeed

1. Wake up early!
                  2. Do it as soon as possible, you could die tonight so make the best of today
                  3. Remember your life is unique, don't compare yourself to others. Use that jealousy as an energy to make your life a success"
                  4. Have healthy habits. Set a time each day to exercise. Try with the mindset you're only going to do some jumping jacks for 5 seconds and the next thing you know, you're doing a workout!
                  5. Read, read, read. Ponder over the Qur'an, learn more. Put the idiot box (TV) away
                  6. Take note. Desires make slaves out of kings and patience makes kings out of slaves.
                  7. Results aren't just worldly. Results are also about perseverance, retaining dignity, being honest, being honourable, doing good unto others.
                  8. Always encourage others especially our brothers and sisters, let them know making mistakes is okay, we all make mistakes, do not ever undermine them and make them feel incompetent. This id also true for the dunya, so what if they don't get the maths sum right the first time, that is what LEARNING is.

NEW UPDATE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJubtizAEfU

Watch this when you're distressed!

Comment

Originally posted by DevotedIslamFan View Post
                    Have you got a plan when being homeless? couldn't you move elsewhere or go out of the country.
                    Well thats my plan - to move somewhere else. I was thinking about south of France or Spain - because of good weather even in winter. Just wandering and avoiding big cities. And sea will make me clean.

Originally posted by naila-k View Post
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISftdydZNtA please watch this vid by railway children about running away, is short 2.30 min
                    Salam. I did watch it, but don't worry - I don't plan to smoke brown sugar like in the video :)

No one can help me - just me and Allah swt. I was thinking about that for long time, and I'm very convinced that it's better to spend some time as food thief and vagrant, even spend some time in prison - then to just shoot myself in the head and go straight to hellfire.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivan900 View Post
                      Well thats my plan - to move somewhere else. I was thinking about south of France or Spain - because of good weather even in winter. Just wandering and avoiding big cities. And sea will make me clean.

Salam. I did watch it, but don't worry - I don't plan to smoke brown sugar like in the video :)

No one can help me - just me and Allah swt. I was thinking about that for long time, and I'm very convinced that it's better to spend some time as food thief and vagrant, even spend some time in prison - then to just shoot myself in the head and go straight to hellfire.
                      thats a good Ivan, for you know best what you are likely to do; when your on the verge of suicide, five daily prayers might not be the answer that saves you for it is not easy to just start praying just like that and have your disposition changed, so you know whats best and right noe it seems like donig a runner

it is fardh to save your life so you have to run away

may Allah be with you!

Comment

The ayats that gives me patients when I myself am going through trials or when I see others going to trials.

Al-baqara (2)

155 And certainly, We shall test you with something of fear, hunger, loss of wealth, lives and fruits, but give glad tidings to As-Sabirun (the patient).

156 Who, when afflicted with calamity, say: "Truly! To Allah we belong and truly, to Him we shall return."

157 They are those on whom are the Salawat (i.e. who are blessed and will be forgiven) from their Lord, and (they are those who) receive His Mercy, and it is they who are the guided ones.

And when I see really horrible suffering, which scares me, this next ayat gives me patients

Al-baqara (2)

286 Allah burdens not a person beyond his scope. He gets reward for that (good) which he has earned, and he is punished for that (evil) which he has earned. "Our Lord! Punish us not if we forget or fall into error, our Lord! Lay not on us a burden like that which You did lay on those before us (Jews and Christians); our Lord! Put not on us a burden greater than we have strength to bear. Pardon us and grant us Forgiveness. Have mercy on us. You are our Maula (Patron, Supporter and Protector, etc.) and give us victory over the disbelieving people. "

reminds me that no matter how serve the trials may be, its never more than the person can bear, which is justice and mercy from Allah. and after all everyone has to go through trials before they can enter paradise.

Al-baqara (2)

214 Or think you that you will enter Paradise without such (trials) as came to those who passed away before you? They were afflicted with severe poverty and ailments and were so shaken that even the Messenger and those who believed along with him said, "When (will come) the Help of Allah?" Yes! Certainly, the Help of Allah is near!

But for those who are patient and steadfast on their deen, for them is a great reward, in Paradise.

Al-Waqia (56)

15 (They will be) on thrones woven with gold and precious stones.

16 Reclining thereon, face to face.

17 Immortal boys will go around them (serving),

18 With cups, and jugs, and a glass of flowing wine,

19 Wherefrom they will get neither any aching of the head, nor any intoxication.

20 And with fruit that they may choose.

21 And with the flesh of fowls that they desire.

22 And (there will be) Hur (fair females) with wide, lovely eyes (as wives for "Al-Muttaqun" - the pious - See V. 2:2),

23 Like unto preserved pearls.

24 A reward for what they used to do.

25 No Laghw (dirty, false, evil vain talk) will they hear therein, nor any sinful speech (like backbiting).

26 But only the saying of: Salam! Salam! (greetings with peace)!
                        Game over. I'am out. sorry for my wierd posts

Account Disabled

Comment

If you can, move to a Muslim country In-Sha-Allah
                          Game over. I'am out. sorry for my wierd posts

Account Disabled

Comment

we need to save his life peeps not for how to gain some peace; he is far beyond that

Comment

There must be some homeless shelters or something that would provide you with the basic things for survival. Living on the streets is rough. People nowadays are sick and they might abuse you and kill you if you were defenceless...
                              "Your votes may change the government but they won't change the system"

The Prophet said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (an evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." [Saheeh Al Bukhari]
                              “The wiping away of the World means less to Allah than a Believer to be killed unjustly” [Sunan Ibn Majah]

Comment

Working...
                              X