What do you do after a heavy meal?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you do after a heavy meal?

Specially when u feel guilty after a heavy meal or when you cheat on ua diet?
    is thr any way out you can undo a heavy meal? apart for burning those calories with exercise...
    i usually drink a cup of green tea aftrwrds or the next meal is very light!
    any ideas? what do you do?

Re: What do you do after a heavy meal?

I move on.

Comment

Eat another heavy meal, not everyone's on a diet you know.
      And strive because the sweetness of life lies in the struggle - Imam al-Shafi'i

Comment

Originally posted by Strive View Post
        Eat another heavy meal, not everyone's on a diet you know.
        yes not everyone is on a diet but even if you are not on a diet it makes u feel bloated and lazy.

Comment

remind myself not to eat another heavy meal
          نحن قوما اعزنا الله بالإسلام فإن ابتغينا عزة بغيره أذلنا الله

Comment

Originally posted by Rapunzel View Post
            Specially when u feel guilty after a heavy meal or when you cheat on ua diet?
            is thr any way out you can undo a heavy meal? apart for burning those calories with exercise...
            i usually drink a cup of green tea aftrwrds or the next meal is very light!
            any ideas? what do you do?
            depends when, if it's lunchtime that I've had a heavy meal then dinners definitely going to be light and I won't snack on anything in between.

And yeah I try to use up some energy even if it means 10 minutes on the exercise bike... If it's dinner, there's nothing I can do about it :D, sleep in and skip breakfast, have a small lunch to make up for eating too much the previous day...

(im on a diet atm, I've tried eating my normal portions as I did prior to the diet, and I get the biggest stomach ache lol, can't afford to overeat...)

Comment

burp

Comment

Originally posted by walid7 View Post
                burp

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous12 View Post
                  depends when, if it's lunchtime that I've had a heavy meal then dinners definitely going to be light and I won't snack on anything in between.

And yeah I try to use up some energy even if it means 10 minutes on the exercise bike... If it's dinner, there's nothing I can do about it :D, sleep in and skip breakfast, have a small lunch to make up for eating too much the previous day...

(im on a diet atm, I've tried eating my normal portions as I did prior to the diet, and I get the biggest stomach ache lol, can't afford to overeat...)
                  oh good...but skipping ua breakfast altogthr isn't a good thing...is it? i heard its better to eat a cup cake than skipping breakfast no matter hw strict diet ua on.

Comment

Originally posted by Rapunzel View Post
                    oh good...but skipping ua breakfast altogthr isn't a good thing...is it? i heard its better to eat a cup cake than skipping breakfast no matter hw strict diet ua on.
                    Not sure about whether it's a bad thing... I never have breakfast lol, in fact just had a bowl of cereal not too long ago and it's 12am atm lol haha... cup cakes lol I dislike them...

Anyways not sure if you've heard of intermittent fasting, but that's basically like what muslims do 'fast', so you sleep for like 8hrs, don't eat for another 8hrs, come dinner time you can eat as much as you want and you burn the food faster, and that's actually a way of losing weight. Reason I mention this cas well people skip breakfast, so I don't think it's important :D

I've always skipped breakfast throughout high school, despite everyone saying breakfast is important etc etc...

Comment

I don't have heavy meals, sometimes I go just drinking juice and eat the next day.

Comment

i feel so demotivated after i got shin splint from working out may be i over did it...but now its already 15 days and the pain is still thr so i am unable to get back to same pace of workout which i use to do earlier...

Comment

It's sunnah to eat light meals, and drink lots of liquid. (1/3 food, 1/3 water, 1/3 air).

If I've gone and eaten a huge meal and feel guilty, I just skip the next one (or two, or three). I've eaten enough energy for the rest of the day, no need to pile more on top of that.

If you feel really guilty maybe you could fast on the days the Prophet(saw) used to fast. Just an idea.

It was narrated that ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) said: The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was keen to fast on Mondays and Thursdays. Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 745; al-Nasaa’i, 2361; Ibn Maajah, 1739; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Targheeb, 1044.

It was narrated that Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: “My close friend [the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)] advised me to do three things which I will not give up until I die: fasting three days of each month, praying Duha, and sleeping after Witr. Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 1124; Muslim, 721.

http://islamqa.info/en/ref/69781

On the authority of Al-Miqdaam ibn Maadiy-Karib who said: I heard the Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) saying: “No human ever filled a vessel worse than the stomach. Sufficient for any son of Adam are some morsels to keep his back straight. But if it must be, then one third for his food, one third for his drink and one third for his breath.”
                          [Ahmad, At-Tirmidhi, An-Nasaa'I, Ibn Majah – Hadith sahih]

Comment

As Salaam Ulaikum Wr Wb

Skip the next meal and go for a walk.

Comment

Originally posted by |Sister| View Post
                              It's sunnah to eat light meals, and drink lots of liquid. (1/3 food, 1/3 water, 1/3 air).

If I've gone and eaten a huge meal and feel guilty, I just skip the next one (or two, or three). I've eaten enough energy for the rest of the day, no need to pile more on top of that.

If you feel really guilty maybe you could fast on the days the Prophet(saw) used to fast. Just an idea.

It was narrated that ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) said: The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was keen to fast on Mondays and Thursdays. Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 745; al-Nasaa’i, 2361; Ibn Maajah, 1739; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Targheeb, 1044.

It was narrated that Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: “My close friend [the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)] advised me to do three things which I will not give up until I die: fasting three days of each month, praying Duha, and sleeping after Witr. Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 1124; Muslim, 721.

http://islamqa.info/en/ref/69781

On the authority of Al-Miqdaam ibn Maadiy-Karib who said: I heard the Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) saying: “No human ever filled a vessel worse than the stomach. Sufficient for any son of Adam are some morsels to keep his back straight. But if it must be, then one third for his food, one third for his drink and one third for his breath.”
                              [Ahmad, At-Tirmidhi, An-Nasaa'I, Ibn Majah – Hadith sahih]
                              oh yes i like to fast and whenever i fast i am not on a diet because the only thing i am worried while fasting is am unable to workout....

Comment

Working...
                              X