Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Final fatwa of Shaykh 'Abdul-'Azeez ibn Baaz warning against the Jamaa'ah at-Tableegh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final fatwa of Shaykh 'Abdul-'Azeez ibn Baaz warning against the Jamaa'ah at-Tableegh

Question:

Your excellency, we hear about the Jamaa'ah at-Tableegh and that which their da'wah entails. So would you advise me to join this Jamaa'ah. I anticipate your guidance and advice, and may Allaah reward you immensely.

Response:

Whoever invites to (the path of) Allaah, then he is a muballigh (one who conveys the message (of Islaam)), (as the hadeeth mentions):
    ((Convey from me, even if it be a (single) Aayah));

However, the Jamaa'ah at-Tableegh (originally) from India have many deviations. They have some aspects of bid`ah and shirk, so it is not permissible to go (out) with them, except for a person who has knowledge and goes (out) with them to disapprove of what they are upon and to teach them (the truth).

If, however, he goes (out) to follow and adhere to them, then no.
    That is because they have deviations, mistakes and lack of knowledge.

However, if there was a Jamaa'ah doing tableegh other than them, from the people of knowledge, then (it is permissible to) go out with them for daw'ah purposes.
    If there was a person of knowledge who goes out with them to enlighten and guide them, along with teaching them such that they leave their falsehood and embrace the way of Ahlus-Sunnah wal-Jamaa'ah, (then that is good).

This fatwa was extracted from the tape: 'Fatwa Samaahatush-Shaykh 'Abdul 'Azeez Ibn Baaz concerning the Jamaa'ah at-Tableegh' which was published in Ta'if about two years before the Shaykh's death.

Re: Final fatwa of Shaykh 'Abdul-'Azeez ibn Baaz warning against the Jamaa'ah at-Tabl

Assalam O Alaikum Wa Rahmatullah Wa Barakatuhu,

May Allah help all of us. Without raising any point on the integrity of those who are telling/claiming this as Fatwa of Abdullah Ibne Baaz Rahimullah. Some other website also claim that he described it among 72 sects along with Ikhwanul Muslimeen (Allah know the best What sheikh told).

I have certain questions in this Regard. (Muslims want to be cleared as the evidence of contrary that he was supporting tablighi jamaat is also very strong.).

1. It is well known that Abdullah ibne Baaz Rahimullah has written many official letter with office letter number and seal of Dawat al Irshad department that praised and defended Tablighi Jamaat............One example is below Arabic letter with its translation in english...............For rest I am giving the link which shows his different letters........one with english translation other with urdu translation........Urdu translation has as as many as six official letters.....

http://www.central-mosque.com/index....hi-jamaat.html

Yet another Urdu book having translation of all his letter regarding Tableeghhi Jamaat.....http://islamicbookslibrary.wordpress...hammad-tonsvi/

After going through all these certain unanswered question are natural.

A General muslim Who is not affliated to any Group i.e Salafi/Tablighi/Ahle Hadith/Deobandi etc Wants to know about this accusation and clarification (May Allah save us from doing Groupism on the name of Islam. Although there is nothing wrong in making organisation for some common cause, but groupism on the name of Islam should be condemned )...........

these are questions that I want to be answered in a specific manner not by the way Polemic talk that goes on Islamic forum/Face book/You tube.

1. Abdullah Ibne Baaz Rahimullah letter indicate that he was having a good knowledge of Tablighi Jamaat work..........

e.g.....In one of his letter he is defending the Making a person for dua at the time of Gusht (Tabligh brother put one sathi for Dua in Masjid while going outside for Mulaqat) telling....they might have taken it from Prophet Sallallahu AlaiHI wASALLAM dUA IN badar

He mentions............. .........when the elders of Tabligh met me during last Hajj I told them and they agreed to change it.......

2. In many of these official letter he has strongly defended Tablighi Jammat.................Some of these letter run into 5-6 Pages.

3. He sent team of Dawat al Irshad for Pakistan Ijtema ..........saw the report and praised them officially

Now Suppose he has taken a turn around (as claimed by some Groups)................and Condemned Tablighi Jamaat...........then Why......

He did not make his view official............Why he didnot issued anything as letter of Dawat al Irshad................
    Everyone knows that Tabligh work is very extensive ..........and has good presence even among Arabs..........So if he considers it as deviated group Why he didnot make it open...................

As he has already praised Tablighi Jamaat many many times .............So it became more important to issue official letter stating that I am changing my view............

NOTHING this sort happened......................

WHAT IS BEING PRESENTED THAT ONE TAPE FOR THE CLAIM OF CONDEMNING TABLIGHI JAMMAT...........The natural question is HOW IT CAN BE ...........A TURN AROUND IN VIEW FOR SUCH A LARGE ORGANISATION...........IS NOT PRESENTED AS OFFICIAL?????????????????????????????

Those who will come for reply please note
    1. The reply should be on specific point that What is in support other than the claimed Tape (in Taif). Is there any official letter/order from him opposing tableeghi jamaat . As many official letters are in support of tablighi jamaat so ..................

2. Please dont start a new debate on prose and cons of Tablighi Jamaat as already internet and this ummah forum has enough discussion on it. Anyone can refer them. For those who want further discussion on PROS AND CONS MAY REFER Sheikh Abu Bakar Al Jazaeri book Unbiased study of Tablighi Jamaat which has answer to many of the salafi group doubs and allegation ..............ANYWAY ( Request for both..........OPPOSER AND SUPPORTER OF TABLIGHI JAMAAT PLEASE DONT DEVIATE FROM TOPIS............)

3.I am not the polemic debator, I am simple Muslim not affliated to any group and will not argue in a manner that normally happens on Islamic forum. So dont expect a reply if the raised question is not replied and something else is started.

Last edited by muslim only; 19-10-12, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Re: Final fatwa of Shaykh 'Abdul-'Azeez ibn Baaz warning against the Jamaa'ah at-Tabl

Originally posted by muslim only View Post

May Allah help all of us. Without raising any point on the integrity of those who are telling/claiming this as Fatwa of Abdullah Ibne Baaz Rahimullah. Some other website also claim that he described it among 72 sects along with Ikhwanul Muslimeen (Allah know the best What sheikh told).

I have certain questions in this Regard. (Muslims want to be cleared as the evidence of contrary that he was supporting tablighi jamaat is also very strong.).

1. It is well known that Abdullah ibne Baaz Rahimullah has written many official letter with office letter number and seal of Dawat al Irshad department that praised and defended Tablighi Jamaat............One example is below Arabic letter with its translation in english...............For rest I am giving the link which shows his different letters........one with english translation other with urdu translation........Urdu translation has as as many as six official letters.....

Yet another Urdu book having translation of all his letter regarding Tableeghhi Jamaat.....http://islamicbookslibrary.wordpress...hammad-tonsvi/

A General muslim Who is not affliated to any Group i.e Salafi/Tablighi/Ahle Hadith/Deobandi etc Wants to know about this accusation and clarification (May Allah save us from doing Groupism on the name of Islam. Although there is nothing wrong in making organisation for some common cause, but groupism on the name of Islam should be condemned )...........

these are questions that I want to be answered in a specific manner not by the way Polemic talk that goes on Islamic forum/Face book/You tube.

1. Abdullah Ibne Baaz Rahimullah letter indicate that he was having a good knowledge of Tablighi Jamaat work..........

e.g.....In one of his letter he is defending the Making a person for dua at the time of Gusht (Tabligh brother put one sathi for Dua in Masjid while going outside for Mulaqat) telling....they might have taken it from Prophet Sallallahu AlaiHI wASALLAM dUA IN badar

He mentions............. .........when the elders of Tabligh met me during last Hajj I told them and they agreed to change it.......

2. In many of these official letter he has strongly defended Tablighi Jammat.................Some of these letter run into 5-6 Pages.

3. He sent team of Dawat al Irshad for Pakistan Ijtema ..........saw the report and praised them officially

Now Suppose he has taken a turn around (as claimed by some Groups)................and Condemned Tablighi Jamaat...........then Why......

He did not make his view official............Why he didnot issued anything as letter of Dawat al Irshad................
      Everyone knows that Tabligh work is very extensive ..........and has good presence even among Arabs..........So if he considers it as deviated group Why he didnot make it open...................

As he has already praised Tablighi Jamaat many many times .............So it became more important to issue official letter stating that I am changing my view............

WHAT IS BEING PRESENTED THAT ONE TAPE FOR THE CLAIM OF CONDEMNING TABLIGHI JAMMAT...........The natural question is HOW IT CAN BE ...........A TURN AROUND IN VIEW FOR SUCH A LARGE ORGANISATION...........IS NOT PRESENTED AS OFFICIAL?????????????????????????????

1. The reply should be on specific point that What is in support other than the claimed Tape (in Taif). Is there any official letter/order from him opposing tableeghi jamaat . As many official letters are in support of tablighi jamaat so ..................

2. Please dont start a new debate on prose and cons of Tablighi Jamaat as already internet and this ummah forum has enough discussion on it. Anyone can refer them. For those who want further discussion on PROS AND CONS MAY REFER Sheikh Abu Bakar Al Jazaeri book Unbiased study of Tablighi Jamaat which has answer to many of the salafi group doubs and allegation ..............ANYWAY ( Request for both..........OPPOSER AND SUPPORTER OF TABLIGHI JAMAAT PLEASE DONT DEVIATE FROM TOPIS............)

3.I am not the polemic debator, I am simple Muslim not affliated to any group and will not argue in a manner that normally happens on Islamic forum. So dont expect a reply if the raised question is not replied and something else is started.

Mashallah. What a world of difference between a little knowledge and a properly researched answer.

Comment

Assalam Alykum, its Maroof news that shaikh has done Ruju on his stand. People always try to create doubts when they have nothing to protect. Alifta is official site of Sh Bin Baaz Fatawa and it has been mentioned here -

http://www.alifta.com/Fatawa/FatawaC...eNo=1&BookID=7

http://www.alifta.com/Fatawa/FatawaC...eNo=1&BookID=7

Fatwas of Ibn Baz
        Browse by Volume Number > Volume 8 > Al-Tabligh Group and offering Salah in Masjids containing graves
        (Part No. 8; Page No. 331)
        Al-Tabligh Group and offering Salah in Masjids containing graves
        Q: M.`A. From America says: I traveled with Tabligh (a group calling to Islam) to India and Pakistan. We used to gather and pray in Masjids (mosques) that have graves inside them. Later, I was informed that praying in Masjids containing graves is Batil (null and void). What is the ruling on my prayer? Should I repeat it? What is the ruling on traveling with this group to similar places?
        A: In the Name of Allah. All Praise is due to Allah.
        Tabligh does not have good knowledge in matters related to `Aqidah (creed). Thus, it is not permissible for anyone to set out with them. Only someone who has enough knowledge and insight about the True `Aqidah of Ahl-ul-Sunnah wal-Jama`ah (adherents to the Sunnah and the Muslim mainstream) can go to be able to guide, advise, and cooperate with them in good. Tabligh is a very active group that lacks knowledge and needs more knowledge and scholars to guide them in matters relating to Tawhid (monotheism) and Sunnah (whatever is reported from the Prophet).
        May Allah grant us all understanding of His Religion and holding fast to it!
        As for praying in Masjids where there are graves, it is not permissible. You have to repeat all the prayers offered there, for the Prophet (peace be upon him) said, “Allah cursed the Jews and the Christians; they made the graves of their prophets places of worship.” (Agreed upon by Al-Bukhari and Muslim) He (peace be upon him) also said, "Indeed, those who preceded you used to take the graves of their prophets and righteous men as places of worship, so beware and do not make graves into Masjids; I forbid you to do this." (Related by Muslim in his Sahih book of authentic Hadith) There are many Hadiths to the same effect.
        May Allah grant us success. May peace and blessings be upon our Prophet Muhammad, his family, and Companions.

Fatwas of the Permanent Committee
        Browse by Volume Number > Group 2 > Volume 2: `Aqidah > Miscellaneous issues related to Tawhid > Tabligh group
        The second question of Fatwa no. 17776
        Q 2: I have read many Fatwas issued by you
        (Part No. 2; Page No. 45)
        urging the knowledge seekers to join the group of Tabligh (a group calling to Islam). I joined this group and made use of the knowledge they provide. However, they observe some acts that are not mentioned in the Book of Allah or in the Sunnah. The following are some examples:
        1. Forming circles of two people or more inside the Masjid (mosque) to study the last ten Surahs of the Qur'an and whenever they go out on a mission they have to perform this task mentioned above.
        2. Continuous performance of I`tikaf on Thursdays.
        3. Determining certain days for setting out for Da`wah, three days of every month, forty days of every year, and four months during one's lifetime.
        4. Continuous collective supplication after each time of making Da`wah.
        If I join this group, what should I do with these acts which are not mentioned in the Book of Allah or in the Sunnah? Furthermore, changing the group's method is impossible. Please, advise.
        A: The acts of the group you mentioned count as Bid`ahs (innovations in religion). You are not allowed to join them unless they adhere to the teachings stated in the Book of Allah and in the Sunnah and stop observing Bid`ah in deeds, words and beliefs.
        (Part No. 2; Page No. 46)
        May Allah grant us success. May peace and blessings of Allah be upon our Prophet Muhammad, his family and Companions.
        The Permanent Committee for Scholarly Research and Ifta'

Member Member Member Member Chairman
        Bakr Abu Zayd `Abdul-`Aziz Al Al-Shaykh Salih Al-Fawzan `Abdullah ibn Ghudayyan `Abdul-`Aziz ibn `Abdullah ibn Baz

Comment

Assalam O Alaikum

As we have already set that we have here nothing to do this sectarian polemic debate of Tablighi Jamaat and the Salafi Groups.
          This was a discussion for the evidence for the Reversal of the stand taken by sheikh Ibne Baaz. It is very emphatic and official that he was supporting Tablighi Jamaat after his long investigation and reports sent by many fact finding mission to Pakistan and Bangladesh.
          Now there is a claim that he took a U Turn and became Anti and issued Fatwa against it.

Brother Abu bdur Rahman has Presented three Points. We should analyse it.
          Point 1.
          It is Marfu that he has changed.
          This sentence is having no evidence at all. Others may say rather are saying that he has not changed and and nothing this sort of happened. So this is merely a claim and no evidence provided.
          Point 2
          Fatwa of Permanent committee and other quoted Fatwa.

Why Abdullah ibne Baaz Rahimullah Just ask any Islamic Scholar this question He will say Prayer is Baatil and any group promoting it obviously not on right path.
          But, is the question was fact based? Is it not misleading? Question Is indicating that gathering of Tablighi Jamaat will be in those Mosques where there will be inside grave.
          I am from India .Resided in different states due to nature of Job ,A frequent traveler.I have not seen any mosque having grave in it. In 98-99% of mosque there is no grave at all in the vicinity.

In the rest 1-2 % of mosques There are two things Mosque and Mosque complex. In Mosque complex there could be toilet, Parking area, Residential Room, Library etc but it is not inside mosque. Mosque boundaries is defined at the time of inception and may be extended but it is always certain
          It is the same like in Masjid e Nabvi Prophet grave is in the complex but not in the mosque. In India the one of the closest situation is in the Sir syed Grave at Jama Masjid Aligarh Muslim University. It is just at a distance of 15 feet from praying area. But last hundred years thousands of scholars even Imam of Baitul Muqaddas has prayed in this mosque.

In the Second Question
          The questioner himself has presented and decided these as an act of Bidah. And asking what should I do. So Obvious answer will be to leave the Bidah that the scholars rightly
          1. Forming circles of two people or more inside the Masjid (mosque) to study the last ten Surahs of the Qur'an and whenever they go out on a mission they have to perform this task mentioned above.

2. Continuous performance of I`tikaf on Thursdays.
          This is not for purpose of continuous Aitakaf. Rather it is for Mashwara,Muzakra,assessment of the work done and making Plan for the next week. All the Jamaat arriving from outside there progrmme in the city everything is decided in it. It is sunnah that if you are im mosque You should be with Aitakaf
          There is no Thursday specific. They want to do it weekly. For many Muslims Friday is a holiday so it is manageable to them to be them. Suppose someone some one is coming from 25 KM so returning will be easy on Friday. But it is not Thursday specific. In Aligarh Muslim University as Sunday is the Holiday so it is done on Saturday Night.

Determining certain days for setting out for Da`wah, three days of every month, forty days of every year, and four months during one's lifetime.
          A large volume of Fatawas are on internet explain that it is for organizational purpose and not a sharaee ruling as the system of Madarsa and Islamic schools.

4. Continuous collective supplication after each time of making Da`wah.

Although scholars opinion has to be respected but in the case of Tablighi Jamaat there is marked division among scholars.
          1. Great Majority of Scholars of Islamic Ummah of four School of Fiqh are supporting Tablighi Jamaat actively or passively. Although advice and constructive criticism is normal.
          2. Tablighi Jamaat has good support even among Salafi Scholars also. There is ample evidence that Sheikh Salih Utaimeen always supporte them. Collection of his Fatwa on this link http://www.da3wh.com/vb/showthread.php?t=475&
          3. It is also not a coincidence that in the history of Tabligh only three books has been written to deal the specific criticism on it. Out of these three Two has been written by Salafi Scholars. Namely Sheikh Jabir Al Jazaeri and sheikh Yusuf al Malahi.Arabic link http://www.binatiih.com/go/news.php?...36126ac8720f80 English Translation http://www.central-mosque.com/index....hi-jamaat.html
          4. Many of the Imams of Makkah like Sheikh Sudais has praised them and continuously doing so.

W e pray to Allah that this sectarian and group Mindset of Muslim Ummah should end and Muslims make stronger connection with Islam compared to Groups .
          And May Allah give us taufeeq to prepare for our Akhirah. Requesting for Dua and Seeking Forgiveness from Allah and all of you..

Comment

Originally posted by Umar Khattab View Post
            Question:

Your excellency, we hear about the Jamaa'ah at-Tableegh and that which their da'wah entails. So would you advise me to join this Jamaa'ah. I anticipate your guidance and advice, and may Allaah reward you immensely.

Response:

Whoever invites to (the path of) Allaah, then he is a muballigh (one who conveys the message (of Islaam)), (as the hadeeth mentions):
            ((Convey from me, even if it be a (single) Aayah));

However, the Jamaa'ah at-Tableegh (originally) from India have many deviations. They have some aspects of bid`ah and shirk, so it is not permissible to go (out) with them, except for a person who has knowledge and goes (out) with them to disapprove of what they are upon and to teach them (the truth).

If, however, he goes (out) to follow and adhere to them, then no.
            That is because they have deviations, mistakes and lack of knowledge.

However, if there was a Jamaa'ah doing tableegh other than them, from the people of knowledge, then (it is permissible to) go out with them for daw'ah purposes.
            If there was a person of knowledge who goes out with them to enlighten and guide them, along with teaching them such that they leave their falsehood and embrace the way of Ahlus-Sunnah wal-Jamaa'ah, (then that is good).

This fatwa was extracted from the tape: 'Fatwa Samaahatush-Shaykh 'Abdul 'Azeez Ibn Baaz concerning the Jamaa'ah at-Tableegh' which was published in Ta'if about two years before the Shaykh's death.
            I have never seen a single Shirk activity on my local Jamaat.

Comment

Originally posted by muslim only View Post

Assalamualaikum wa rehmatullahi wabarakatuh,

I have a fatwa of Darul Uloom Deoband on Taqleed of Imam Abu Haneefa (RA). They say we do not do taqleed of Abu Hanifa inrespect of Aqaid we do Taqleed of Imam Abu Hanifa only in furu or masail and in Aqeeda we do taqleed of Abu Hasan Ashari and Abu MAnsoor Maturidi. I ask them why??? They said our Buzurg did the same we will also do the same.

And what they recite in their Jamat always is Fazail e amaal the book is filled with bidaat and shrik and they consider it to be noor and say this book has been presented before Rasul ALLAH (SAW) for approval and Rasul ALLAH approved this book nauzubillah what is this???

Comment

When I was young I have known some people from jamaa tabligh, they disapproved all the deviations of the members from Pakistan and India and other regions, and the work they did in the neighborhood and the country was GREAT, going out helping muslims learning A'akiddah and how to pray correctly and help them understand what is in the deen and what is not from the deen because a lot the muslims out there do a lot of shirk without knowing it and go to the grave and stuff...

The funny thing with this is the salafis in our neighborhood never stop criticizing them about going out fi Sabili Allah, even if the guys from Jama'a always says that the way they go out fi sabili Allah is just a form of organizations is not a sunnah or anything and main purpose is doing Dawah. and guess what those salafis never ever helped muslims people in our neighborhood to learn their deen, just criticizing for the sake of criticizing , and I saw a lot of people become more committed to Islam because of Allah and Dawah of members from Tabligh.

Just my 2 cents.

Assalamou Alaikome

Comment

Originally posted by Chuminga View Post
                  When I was young I have known some people from jamaa tabligh, they disapproved all the deviations of the members from Pakistan and India and other regions, and the work they did in the neighborhood and the country was GREAT, going out helping muslims learning A'akiddah and how to pray correctly and help them understand what is in the deen and what is not from the deen because a lot the muslims out there do a lot of shirk without knowing it and go to the grave and stuff...

The funny thing with this is the salafis in our neighborhood never stop criticizing them about going out fi Sabili Allah, even if the guys from Jama'a always says that the way they go out fi sabili Allah is just a form of organizations is not a sunnah or anything and main purpose is doing Dawah. and guess what those salafis never ever helped muslims people in our neighborhood to learn their deen, just criticizing for the sake of criticizing , and I saw a lot of people become more committed to Islam because of Allah and Dawah of members from Tabligh.

Just my 2 cents.

Assalamou Alaikome
                  And when I was young, I knew some people from there too. They beat kids black and blue in the name of teaching them Qur'an and turned numerous people away from the Qur'an and Islam itself. They were racist and still are.

Personal stories do not tell the whole story.

Comment

Originally posted by مسلمة View Post
                    And when I was young, I knew some people from there too. They beat kids black and blue in the name of teaching them Qur'an and turned numerous people away from the Qur'an and Islam itself. They were racist and still are.

Personal stories do not tell the whole story.
                    Go both ways, that's way I put my personal story, I can say bad stories about who call themselves salafis and find someone who will give fatwa to warn against them.

Comment

The question on Change of stand was asked and its answer by shaykh abdullah ibne Baaz Rahimullah the original letters from http://kuffiyah.blogspot.in/

Bismillahirrahmanirrahim

In the name of Allah we seek help in worldly and Deeni affairs. The Honourable, our elder, Sheikh Abdul Aziz bin Abdullah bin Baz, the Head of Ilmiyyah Research, Ifta, Dakwah and Islamic Guidance, may Allah make him steadfast in this world and the aakhirah, and he continue making him support and help the truth. Aamin.

Assalamu'alaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

We have been studying the letter from the Honourable Sheikh's predecessor, Sheikh Muhammad bin Ibrahim aal-Shaikh, the former grand mufti of Saudi (may Allah have mercy on him with grace and place him in wide Jannah), addressed to the scholars of Al-Aqsa and the East through the amir of tabligh jamaat in Madinah and the jamaat that followed him. He had given instruction in the letter to do good to them.

And he mentioned that, "their mission is to spread reminders, guidance, exhortation and encouragement towards tawheed and aqeedah at masaajid, along with enjoining towards the practice of Al-Qur'an and As-Sunnah, including reminders against bid'ah (innovations) and khurafat (superstitions) in the form of grave worshipping, praying to the dead, etc.." He then said, "I write about them, requesting that they be given help and assistance from their fellow brothers, allowing them to carry out their duties, while making du'aa to Allah Ta'ala to grant them ikhlaas niyyat (good intention), tawfeeq to speak the haq (truth), to be saved from slip up speech, and to bring about benefits to their guidance and explanations. Verily He has power over all things."

We had gone through a lot of letters from you (may Allah reward you), that show and uphold your principles in support of the jamaat, affirmation of their virtues, their hard work, their steadfast in bearing the difficulties in the framework of dakwah whilst expecting only rewards from Allah , the large number of astrayed people who receive hidayah (divine guidance) by reason of their efforts and the large number of unbelievers who had come into the fold of Islam. Also their targheeb for participation in khurooj fii sabilillah in dakwah framework with wisdom and mau'idhoh hasanah, especially the students of knowledge, since the benefits in their participation with them are so great that only Allah knows. We also have been going through a lot of letters from the leaders of this country who support them in these activities. May Allah give the best rewards for their kindness.

The first letter from the Honourable King Abdul Aziz rahimahullah and the last letter addressed to you from the Honourable King Fahd (may Allah protect him) wherein he said about the jamaat, "Verily this jamaat has no political motives nor worldly ambitions. They fund their own self for the sake of dakwah illallah with wisdom and beneficial lesson. Those people who participate make journeys to all corners of the world for the guidance of mankind, and every one who Allah give hidayah through them are encouraged to become a da'ie..." and then he advocated for assistance to be given to them.

We had also gone through many writings from very careful ulama' (scholars of Deen), who are expert in tauheed and very firm in aqeedah, alhamdulillah. They consist of lecturers at the Islamic University of Madinah and ulama' from Saudi Arabia and other countries. They praised this jamaat, recognizing its virtues and embrace it. Because they have seen the good and the magical impact of them, where they have joined the jamaat in residence and journeys. Even opponents of this jamaat are of the view that they recognize how extensive the benefits of this jamaat and its effect on those who had gone astray, until Allah gave them hidayah through the asbab of the jamaat.

Muhammad Aslam (may Allah forgive him and all of us), when he mentioned about the virtues of this jamaat in his famous letter, said, "I did not know Islam except through them."

However, lately shaytaan and nafs are deceiving a few people in Madinah al-Munawwarah (may Allah give them hidayah). They attacked tablighi jamaat, exerting their energy and time in disrupting, abusing and warn people to stay away from the jamaat. They even contacted some youth who had received hidayah through theasbab of the jamaat, who had been safeguarding their solah and adhered to the Sunnah, They told them, "Verily it is better for you guys to remain mischievous rather than being influenced by this jamaat", thus some of them have turned back to evil and mischievous life. Na'uzubillahi min dzalik.

And some of them are spreading disturbing news that you have retracted your earlier good views on this jamaat considering many people reviled and vilified the jamaat in front of you, but we do not believe this rumours since we had read and heard from you the things that we mention herein above.

Considering Allah has bestowed you with keen heart, immense views, extensive studies, prudence, wisdom, and determination to achieve the maslaha and shunning evils, we are convinced that their opinions and views that they purportedly claim came from you and the news that they spread about you, are very far from reality. We therefore seek clarification from you, so that the people will have the true picture. May Allah reward you with goodness and uproot the fitna and evils through you. Verily, Allah is All-Hearing and All-Near.

Wassalamu'alaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.

On behalf of your students in Madinah,
                      Ibrahim Abdurrahman Al-Hushain

************************************************** ***************

Reply from Sheikh Abdul Aziz bin Abdullah bin Baz to Sheikh Ibrahim Abdurrahman Al-Hushain of Madinah Munawarrah

27th Muharram, 1407H (2nd October, 1986)

Bismillahirrahmanirrahim

Assalamu'alaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

I would like to inform you gentlemen that I still stick with my stance on the jamaat, which I had written a lot in the past and present, and had been written by my predecessor, our elder Sheikh Muhammad bin Ibrahim Al-Aali-Shaykh (may Allah sanctify his soul and enlighten his grave), and also had been written by other ulama'.

The viewpoint was supported by the Hounourable King Abdul Aziz rahimahullah and the Honourable the King Fahd (may Allah give him taufeeq) in a letter written to me. For Allah Ta'ala has made them as asbab (the cause) for many benefits and the cause of hidayah (guidance) to many people. It is waajib (compulsory) to thank them for their efforts, to motivate them and to remind them about matters that they may not know. This is within the framework of cooperation in goowill and taqwa(piety) and mutual advice between the Muslims. It's just my advise to them and the rest of the Muslims, especially the youth, not to travel to the heathen or godless nations except for the people who are knowledgeable and have an understanding of Deen (bashiroh). For such journey comprise of great harm for people who do not have knowledge of sharia and the true aqeedah, for which Allah ta'ala sent our Nabi Muhammad sallalaahu alayhi wasallam and by which the solafus soliheen (the righteous among this ummah) remain steadfast.

As for what the opponents and adversaries attributed to me, that I have withdrawn my viewpoint about the jamaat is a slander and falsehood against me. In fact, I even advise them and denounced their actions. I said to them a couplet of a poet:

"Lessen your smear against them, for the sake of your father's honour. Or do good as they do."

And I had encouraged them to be together and go out in khuruuj with the jamaat. I also explained to them its benefits. I asked them to re-examine their views and look at the consequences. I pointed out to them the grave danger and the ugly consequences in the world and the hereafter, when we split with them and oppose them.

Verily it is the shaytaan's handiwork to turn men against dakwah illallah and to divert them into damaging the relationship between them and spreading disunity. May Allah protect us from the temptation of shaytaan.

This is my assurance and certainty that I am placing before Allah. I pray may Allah show us the truth as true and grant us steadfastness to hold on to it and show us the falsehood as false and grant us the strength to keep it away from us and not to make as vague to us so that we do not get astray. Verily, He is the Almighty and the Owner of all.

Salutation and peace and blessing be showered upon His servant and His Messenger, who was sent as a mercy to the entire worlds, as well as to his Sahabah and those who follow them till the Day of Judgement.

Wassalamu'alaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.

Head of the Board of Research, Ilm, Ifta, Dakwah and Islamic Guidance
                      Abdul Aziz bi Abdullah bin Baz
                      27/01/1407H

(Allah knows the best Reproduced from http://tablighijamaattruth.blogspot....h-bin-baz.html

Comment

Working...
                      X