Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Female Muslim police officer

Originally posted by voran View Post
    You keep on speaking in generalisations and broad terms, even when people ask you for details. "Pervert Center", what does that even mean, and why does it affect the OP.

And now you act so superior telling people "you must be blind", wow.
    ... lol read your post again.

Comment

You want to join the same organization that has been caught spying and causing problem to the Muslim community in NY?

Comment

Thank you everyone for your input. I'm just going to continue doing Isthikara and allow Allah swt to help guide me in my decision inshAllah. JazakAllah khair everyone :)

Comment

Originally posted by Muslimah718 View Post
          Thank you everyone for your input. I'm just going to continue doing Isthikara and allow Allah swt to help guide me in my decision inshAllah. JazakAllah khair everyone :)
          Do istikhara. But understand when you have done istikhara you seek the advice of the pious men. You don`t just go on ignoring everyone and saying ``ive done istikhara leave me alone``.

:insha: you know that already.

Also look into what else you can do. What you are skilled at etc inshaàllah.

Police officer in the states especially is a bigger issue than else where. And for a Sister it might not be acceptable.

Comment

La hawla wala qoowata illa billah.

If you DO NOT know the answers, please do not post it!!!

Asalaamaleikum everyone,
            I'am a female and am interested in becoming a police officer for the NYPD. I wear hijab and know that the NYPD will allow me to keep my hijab on while working but I'm still confused about whether or not it would be okay for a Muslim female to become a cop. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
            Originally posted by voran View Post
            Why?
            Originally posted by eshaM View Post
            I want to do the same :/
            Originally posted by bluesnowman View Post
            Salaam,

Brother protein, explain why, I am a brother. I know of a fellow Muslim brother that works for the Highway Patrol, and pretty much all he does all day is write speeding tickets and investigate crashes. I'm Curious brother to know what would be wrong with that? I mean he is providing a public service after all...
            Assalamu Alaikum,

What is haram in islam in these contexts is two things:

A) To legislate laws [ie to create a law saying this is legal(halal)/illegal(haram)]

B) To enforce laws that are kufr (ie any laws that are not from islam).

You would have to look at the job description to make sure, but generally a police officer's job is to enforce the law. Thus any law today will generally be kufr (as we have no islamic state). Perhaps certain positions might (And I repeat MIGHT) be halal for instance, administration work (like traffic administration) or other such things. But for instance, if you have to enforce the law for drinking and driving, the islamic hadd for drinking is different from the hadd applied by kufr laws.

It is haram to enforce laws of kufr. This is where the major issue would be.

I hope that helps. If you need a further answer let me know inshAllah.
            If you have any questions feel free to PM me!

Humililty, Sincerity, and the quest for Truth. There is no purpose in life but to seek the pleasure of Allah.
            There is a possibility a female might use this account to read something!

Comment

The purpose of Salatul Istikhara is not for haraam matters. The purpose of Salatul Istikhara is to put your trust in Allah and it's a realization of one's belief in qadr. How can you claim to put your tawakul in Allah concerning something He has forbidden. Salatul Istikhara is for the mubah matters in your dunya life. You don't pray Salatul Istikhara on whether or not you should pray Salaah (something wajib) or fast Mondays and Thursdays (something sunnah) or get married (you dont perform Salatul Istikhara on whether or not you should even marry, but rather you perform Salatul Istikhara when you've decided on a person to get married to; I hope you understand the difference here) or commit zinah or drink alcohol (somethings haraam). It is only for the mubah.

And many are the Muslims utterly confused about the purpose of Salatul Istikhara.
              Last edited by ibnFalaax; 21-09-12, 03:01 AM.
              Imam AbdulLatif ibn AbdurRahman rahimullah said, "It is not possible for someone to realize Tawheed and act upon it, and yet not be hostile against the mushrikeen. So anyone who isn't hostile against the mushrikeen, then it can't be said that he acts upon Tawheed, nor that he realizes it." [ad-Durar as-Saniyyah 8/167]

Comment

Originally posted by al-siddiq View Post
                La hawla wala qoowata illa billah.

If you DO NOT know the answers, please do not post it!!!

Assalamu Alaikum,

What is haram in islam in these contexts is two things:

A) To legislate laws [ie to create a law saying this is legal(halal)/illegal(haram)]

B) To enforce laws that are kufr (ie any laws that are not from islam).

You would have to look at the job description to make sure, but generally a police officer's job is to enforce the law. Thus any law today will generally be kufr (as we have no islamic state). Perhaps certain positions might (And I repeat MIGHT) be halal for instance, administration work (like traffic administration) or other such things. But for instance, if you have to enforce the law for drinking and driving, the islamic hadd for drinking is different from the hadd applied by kufr laws.

It is haram to enforce laws of kufr. This is where the major issue would be.

I hope that helps. If you need a further answer let me know inshAllah.
                Salaam,

I can see your points...:jkk:
                "Knowing what you don’t know is more useful than being brilliant.”
                -Charlie Munger
                "It seems that we're better at finding someone to blame for our problems than we are at finding creative solutions to fix them.”
                -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Comment

Can one not enforce the laws of the land if shari'a is not present as the legal system? If there is not a Muslim voice from within the ruling legal system, who will speak for the Muslims?

One cannot be a doctor or a lawyer (or even live in) in the US, or UK, or anywhere in Europe for that matter without applying and obeying the nation's laws. Are we saying that one cannot be any of these things in a nation that is not ruled by shari'a? If that is the case, what nation IS ruled by shari'a in its entirety?

(DISCLAIMER- NO AYAT OR OTHER PROOF FOR THE FOLLOWING. IT IS ONLY A PERSONAL OPINION ON THE MATTER.)

There are many dangers, no doubt, for a male or female Muslim employed in a non-Muslim (ie, non-shari'a) nation's police force; there will be many opportunities for haraam each and every day that will have to be resisted. From a personal contact standpoint, being a police officer on patrol is an easier position for a male Muslim to handle than it is for a female Muslim- but if the female Muslim can secure an administrative position or one dealing only with female prisoners (for instance) that would be much more manageable. That is not to say the muslima couldn't DO the job of the patrol officer- not at all- but due to our obligations as Muslims that should not be a first choice for the sister.
                  Last edited by John Muhammad; 21-09-12, 03:18 AM.

Comment

you will be at risk wearing hijab if a robber uses that to strangle you or something

you will also notice that the other responses that the people here are making you out to be a traitor to islam for working in a kaffir legal system. you are going to have to expect that muslims that committ crimes are going to use your religion against you and call you a traitor.

frankly from a religious standpoinjt though you wont be able to do much if you follow islam completely - how are you even going to arrest a man?

Comment

Asalaamaleikum everyone,
                      I'am a female and am interested in becoming a police officer for the NYPD. I wear hijab and know that the NYPD will allow me to keep my hijab on while working but I'm still confused about whether or not it would be okay for a Muslim female to become a cop. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
                      wa alaykumus salaam,

you want to work for an organisation actively involved in spying on, infiltrating and locking up muslims for doing their islamic duties towards the ummah?
                      you want to wear a hijab, whilst wearing a badge, swearing to the same flag as those who openly oppose islam?

nevermind the fact you will be enforcing man made law, including many unislamic rulings within it upon the people?
                      Abu Saalehah

OUTREACH4ISLAM - Calling the not yet Muslims of Leicester to Islam since 2006

Comment

Originally posted by MWarrior View Post
                        :wswrwb:

All the ulama (scholars) agree on one thing and that is enforcing kufr law is not permissible. So joining the UK police force would obviously mean you have to implement laws other than the laws of Allah SWT and Islam.

Others aspects of the job which make it not permissible is having to touch ghayr mahram women, possibly being made to spy, banging down the doors of practicing muslims at fajr time etc etc

Alhamdulillah there are many many other jobs out there, guaranteed 100% halal. So better to safeguard your eemaan bro, i'm sure you don't want your income to be haraam. :)

:jkk:
                        That is from a post a while back. I think it holds true.

Comment

One problem I could see in this is that by isolating themselves from law enforcement, Muslims would have no way to address the prejudices that they always complain they are subjected to by the police.

I don't think isolation helps in anyway
                          Not knowing what one doesn't know will lead to difficulty

Comment

Originally posted by Vishnu View Post
                            One problem I could see in this is that by isolating themselves from law enforcement, Muslims would have no way to address the prejudices that they always complain they are subjected to by the police.

I don't think isolation helps in anyway
                            you are right, isolation is wrong, but that does not mean you need to join them or join them in wrong doing.

isolation is one extreme, intergration is the other but the middle path is interacting with the kuffar, helping them see the truth without letting it affect us and islam.
                            Abu Saalehah

OUTREACH4ISLAM - Calling the not yet Muslims of Leicester to Islam since 2006

Comment

Originally posted by abu saalehah View Post
                              you are right, isolation is wrong, but that does not mean you need to join them or join them in wrong doing.

isolation is one extreme, intergration is the other but the middle path is interacting with the kuffar, helping them see the truth without letting it affect us and islam.
                              As far as I see there is no Muslim nation that is truly ruled by Shariah laws (may be KSA comes a bit close, but they are more friendlier with the west than even countries like China or India).

So what do you suggest the Muslims in the majority Muslim nations do? Not join the law enforcement at all? Let the nations be lawless?

That would be an extreme too, don't you think so?
                              Not knowing what one doesn't know will lead to difficulty

Comment

I don't know about the US but the UK police supports LGBT groups.
                                "Woe be to the ignorant person once for not learning. Woe be to the scholar a thousand times for not practicing." - Al-Ghazali

Comment

Working...
                                X