Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tips to stop listening to music?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Tips to stop listening to music?

    :salams

    Anyone know any tips to stop listening to music?
    And strive because the sweetness of life lies in the struggle - Imam al-Shafi'i

    #2
    Re: Tips to stop listening to music?

    Well I used to have gaming addiction, but then I deleted my account and alhamdulilah I stopped playing.

    So in your case, delete all your songs on your music system.

    If that does not work then SMASH your MP3 on the floor for the sake of Allah!!

    Comment


      #3
      Re: Tips to stop listening to music?

      I don't have an mp3
      And strive because the sweetness of life lies in the struggle - Imam al-Shafi'i

      Comment


        #4
        Re: Tips to stop listening to music?

        Then how do you listen to music?

        Is it unintentionally like on the bus or shopping mall? If thats the case then try your best to ignore it.

        Comment


          #5
          Re: Tips to stop listening to music?

          Youtube
          And strive because the sweetness of life lies in the struggle - Imam al-Shafi'i

          Comment


            #6
            Re: Tips to stop listening to music?

            Get rid of any access you have to music. On your laptop, phone, wherever it is, delete it. Instead of searching for songs on youtube, listen to Quran or lectures instead.

            ‘Abdullah b. Mas’űd – Allah be pleased with him – said: Singing sprouts hypocrisy (nifâq) in the heart as water sprouts greens and herbs.

            Ibn Battah, Al-Ibânah Al-Kubrâ Vol.2 p469, and Al-Bayhaqî, Al-Sunan Al-Kubrâ Vol. 52 p231.

            Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawzîyah – Allah have mercy on him – said in Madârij Al-Sâlikîn, Vol.1 p487:

            These are the words of someone who fully understood singing and its effects, for no one regularly sings or listens to song except that his heart falls into nifâq without him realizing. If such a person understood the reality of nifâq and its end he would see it in his own heart. Never do the love of song and the love of Qur`ân come together in a person’s heart except that one expels the other. I and others have witnessed how heavy the Qur`ân feels to singers and song-listeners; how they coil when it is recited and how they get angry with a reciter when he recites too long for them (in prayer etc); and how their hearts do not benefit from what he recites: they are not moved to do anything by it. But when the Qur`ân of Shaytân comes, lâ ilâha illallâh! How they lower their voices and settle down! How their hearts feel at peace and how the crying and emotions start, how moved they are inwardly and outwardly and spend on clothing and perfume and staying up hoping for a long night ahead. If this is not nifâq then it is certainly the way to it and its foundation.

            Comment


              #7
              Re: Tips to stop listening to music?

              Try giving up just one day a week say every Jummu'ah.

              Then try giving it up on important Islamic days.

              Finally, you'll be able to give it up a month at a time like Ramadhan.

              I know I did, and now I'm not bothered if I don't listen to songs for days ...prefer listening to dua's and surahs actually!


              ...Good luck

              Comment


                #8
                Re: Tips to stop listening to music?

                Originally posted by Strive View Post
                Youtube
                Only use youtube for quran or lectures. Most of youtube is fitna you should be avoiding this. Try changing your music into nasheed or quran, you will feel closer to Allah :insha:.

                http://www.islamweb.net/emainpage/in...twaId&Id=84642
                Question

                How can I stop listening to music when I love it? I have tried many times.
                Answer

                Praise be to Allah, the Lord of the World; and may His blessings and peace be upon our Prophet Muhammad and upon all his Family and Companions.

                We already published the Fatawa: 83528 and 84202 regarding this issue, but on how to stop listening to music and singing we say with Allah's Help.
                Muslim should know that Islam means complete submission and obedience to Allah, The Almighty, and to His Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam). Muslim shouldn't put himself and his opinion above Allah and His Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam). And if he keeps in mind the remembrance of death, the grave, the gathering on the Judgment Day, standing in front of Allah, all this will help him leave bad things, including music. Taking, companions of good Muslim brothers will help him avoid bad persons and their wrong deeds.
                There is an Islamic alternative to listening to forbidden music. It is Islamic "Anasheed" (Islamic poems) in which you will find peaceful enjoyment and useful talk that encourages moral generosity and Islamic ethics and forbids bad manners.
                That doesn't mean you should become occupied with these poems. Its means you may listen and relax only when you feel bored. Muslims should spend their time with things beneficial in this world and in Hereafter.
                We also advice our brother to listen to audiocassettes with Qur'anic recitations and if you get used to it your situation will become upright, Insha Allah.
                Allah knows best.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Re: Tips to stop listening to music?

                  Well think about the people behind the music.. And what they sing/rap about etc
                  Do you really want to be like them..
                  Just take the negatives and think about how disgusting it truly is and how it is opposing to islam

                  The quran idea is really good.. because you can find a recitor you like and follow his recitation with the translation..
                  Its very smooth and much nicer to listen to then music.
                  There are some nasheeds which are very nice to listen to aswell even though i prefer the arabic ones
                  Last edited by Umm-Aaliyah; 06-09-12, 10:04 PM.
                  O you who have believed, if you obey those who disbelieve, they will turn you back on your heels, and you will [then] become losers.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Re: Tips to stop listening to music?

                    You know, during this Ramadhan in the evening I accidentally clicked on a song on youtube.

                    It was only only for like 3 seconds and I switched it off.

                    That song buzzed around in my head for 3 whole days while I was fasting!

                    ...that's how alluring and devious shaitan is!

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Re: Tips to stop listening to music?

                      Originally posted by MoMo. View Post
                      Get rid of any access you have to music. On your laptop, phone, wherever it is, delete it. Instead of searching for songs on youtube, listen to Quran or lectures instead.

                      ‘Abdullah b. Mas’űd – Allah be pleased with him – said: Singing sprouts hypocrisy (nifâq) in the heart as water sprouts greens and herbs.

                      Ibn Battah, Al-Ibânah Al-Kubrâ Vol.2 p469, and Al-Bayhaqî, Al-Sunan Al-Kubrâ Vol. 52 p231.

                      Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawzîyah – Allah have mercy on him – said in Madârij Al-Sâlikîn, Vol.1 p487:

                      These are the words of someone who fully understood singing and its effects, for no one regularly sings or listens to song except that his heart falls into nifâq without him realizing. If such a person understood the reality of nifâq and its end he would see it in his own heart. Never do the love of song and the love of Qur`ân come together in a person’s heart except that one expels the other. I and others have witnessed how heavy the Qur`ân feels to singers and song-listeners; how they coil when it is recited and how they get angry with a reciter when he recites too long for them (in prayer etc); and how their hearts do not benefit from what he recites: they are not moved to do anything by it. But when the Qur`ân of Shaytân comes, lâ ilâha illallâh! How they lower their voices and settle down! How their hearts feel at peace and how the crying and emotions start, how moved they are inwardly and outwardly and spend on clothing and perfume and staying up hoping for a long night ahead. If this is not nifâq then it is certainly the way to it and its foundation.
                      :jkk: i didn't know this :( This shocked me, won't be listening to music again.
                      And strive because the sweetness of life lies in the struggle - Imam al-Shafi'i

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Re: Tips to stop listening to music?

                        Originally posted by Illuminati View Post
                        Only use youtube for quran or lectures. Most of youtube is fitna you should be avoiding this. Try changing your music into nasheed or quran, you will feel closer to Allah :insha:.

                        http://www.islamweb.net/emainpage/in...twaId&Id=84642
                        :jkk:
                        And strive because the sweetness of life lies in the struggle - Imam al-Shafi'i

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Re: Tips to stop listening to music?

                          Originally posted by Strive View Post
                          :salams

                          Anyone know any tips to stop listening to music?
                          Start remembering Allah SWT non stop. Think of your magnificent creator every moment of your life and you will slowly see the difference. Think about death regularly and this will turn you towards Allah SWT in repentance for all sins. This will InshaAllah keep other haram thoughts out of your head. Increase your worship gradually i.e. get into the habit of doing more nafl salat, when in prostration stay there longer and think about your creator as if the mighty is watching you and seek forgiveness and guidance sincerely with tears if possible this will start softening the heart and make you realise that there is no real joy in haram music.

                          Spend more time worshiping Allah SWT you can start Tahajjud prayers during late part of night ideally about 1hour before fajr and you will start getting closer to your creator and the love for music will perish from your heart, and you will start feeling real joy in your heart which is only achieved by submitting yourself whole heartedly and destroying the inner lusts and desires of the ego. Send plenty Salawat daily on the Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wassallam i.e (Allahhumma Salle Ala Sayedena Muhammad wa ala alii Sayedena Muhammad).

                          Practically the alternative to music is listening to the recitation of the Quran, try to listen to its meanings also and you will find solace in it. You can also try listening maybe to nasheeds/naats instead, this should also help.

                          I have not listened to music for more than 15 years and don't have a desire for it. The above methods will InshaAllah work for those trying to kick any bad habits, just try and don't give up asking Allah SWT for forgiveness and guidance. Indeed the biggest battle is with the nafs (self ego).

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Re: Tips to stop listening to music?

                            When you go to youtube.com... Instead of typing in songs.. type in Quran.

                            Remember.. When listening to Qur'an... You are rewarded... When listening to songs, you are sinning!
                            SPREAD OF EVIL
                            ZIONISM
                            BOLLYWOOD

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Re: Tips to stop listening to music?

                              I'm surprised noone has mentioned the most direct route. Make Du'a. Make Du'a. Make Du'a. Ask Allah Subhana wa Ta'Ala that grants you the strength to leave this habit and find something the YOU will find fulfilling and that the void left by music will be left unnoticed and instead this new thing will bring you closer to Allah and grant you Allahs favour and reward Insha'Allah :)

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X