muslim and vegan/vegetarian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• muslim and vegan/vegetarian

Asalam Alaikum dear brothers and sisters If one was to avoid eating meat would it be haram or Mukroob? Considering Allah swt gave us meat to eat so long as it is halal? Ive been thinking a lot lately about where my meat comes from, here in the uk it's factory farmed and treated very cruelly. As we are aware there is sunnah about treating animals kindly however I feel that even Halal meat is no longer treated with kindness. Also would it be disobeying Allah not to eat meat or would a muslim be allowed to avoid meat? I mean if the meat was killed in the actual sunnah way instead of being hung upside down and struggling for life Id feel different about this. Ive never really been a big meat eater any way even since I was little. I was a veggie for a year after eating meat caused me bad stomach troubles . The hospital said my stomach can't handle meat back than and even thought it was a allergy to meat. Now my stomach feels ok when I eat meat but I still only eat a little bit.

Thanks kindly in advance ;)

Re: muslim and vegan/vegetarian

:wswrwb:
    It would be permissible, knowing that it is not haram nor makruh to eat meat.
    To the people who feel obligated to reply to every single thread even if with a lol:
    Not every thread demands [one's] input, some are more advanced than [one's] thinking, so read and learn.
    Others are of subjects [one] has discussed many times before [so] just read them to see how others feel about a subject.
    - AbuM

Comment

Thank you :) I was wondering because I don't want to disobey Allah swt

Comment

The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

:) Sister neelu thank you very much for the insight :) I feel so much better now. It's not me that buys the meat but my husband. I can't stand the smell of butchers or raw meat :vomit: nor the sight of it. Im very fussy it has to be clean cut, no fat no veins nothing. If my husband buys meat I pick at the leanest bits of meat.

Comment

Dont want to comment on the sunnah manner to eat meat as I have no knowledge about this. But it would be very difficult for a healthy, athletic person to maintain a balanced diet without meat. Veg products which are able to provide a good protein content will not be sufficient if a considerable amount of muslims turned vegan.
            To the people who feel obligated to reply to every single thread even if with a lol:
            Not every thread demands [one's] input, some are more advanced than [one's] thinking, so read and learn.
            Others are of subjects [one] has discussed many times before [so] just read them to see how others feel about a subject.
            - AbuM

Comment

You do know that if you were to listen to a plant at the right frequency while cutting it down, you can hear it cry/scream. Also I would not be a vegetarian simply because the kafir's do this.

Comment

Your whole concept of eating less meat is flawed and you keep on waffling on about "sunnah" etc when in fact the hadiths do not say "eat meat only a couple of times". Meat consumption is important to someone who wants to maintain a healthy and balanced diet and this has been proven scientifically where as your "evidence" for eating less meat has no bases and are derived from your own thoughts.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                X