Saudi man executed for 'witchcraft and sorcery'

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saudi man executed for 'witchcraft and sorcery'

A Saudi man has been beheaded on charges of sorcery and witchcraft, the state news agency SPA says.

The man, Muree bin Ali bin Issa al-Asiri, was found in possession of books and talismans, SPA said. He had also admitted adultery with two women, it said.

The execution took place in the southern Najran province, SPA reported.

Human rights groups have repeatedly condemned executions for witchcraft in Saudi Arabia.

Last year, there were reports of at least two people being executed for sorcery.

Mr Asiri was beheaded after his sentence was upheld by the country's highest courts, the Saudi news agency website said.

No details were given of what he was found guilty of beyond the charges of witchcraft and sorcery.

Amnesty International says the country does not formally classify sorcery as a capital offence.

But the BBC's Arab Affairs Editor, Sebastian Usher, says there is a very strong prohibition of some practices from the country's powerful conservative religious leaders.

Some, he explains, have repeatedly called for the strongest possible punishments against anyone suspected of sorcery - whether they are fortune tellers or faith healers.

In 2010, a Lebanese television presenter of a popular fortune-telling programme was arrested while on pilgrimage to Saudi Arabia.

Though sentenced to death, after pressure from his government and human rights groups, he was freed by the Saudi Supreme Court, which that he had not harmed anyone.

More recent cases of death on charges of sorcery include that of a Saudi woman, executed for committing sorcery and witchcraft in December, in the northern province of Jawf, and that of a Sudanese man executed in September, despite calls led by Amnesty International for his release.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-18503550
    Know that the life of this world is but amusement and diversion and adornment and boasting to one another and competition in increase of wealth and children...

-Quran (57:20)

Re: Saudi man executed for 'witchcraft and sorcery'

Sorcery
    sihr
    punishable by death
    Fear Allah! And be nice to me :)

Comment

Salaam

At least someone is cracking down on this evil practice.
      Game over. I'am out. sorry for my wierd posts

Account Disabled

Comment

i know some1 who does this ....

no taking law in own hands :@

Comment

Originally posted by noobz View Post
          i know some1 who does this ....

no taking law in own hands :@
          Turn em in. They should be executed.

Comment

Originally posted by *Aisha View Post
            Turn em in. They should be executed.
            doesnt work that way here.

hes got alot of customers that would pay thousands for his services.

Comment

Originally posted by noobz View Post
              doesnt work that way here.

hes got alot of customers that would pay thousands for his services.
              Salaam

Obiviously, these black magicians have played and continue to play a major role in Dajjaals plan for global domination. Anyone who tries to expose this practice will end up with bad things happening to them. All we can do is try to protect ourselves and our family by learning ruqya and staying away from things that increase dajjaal's influence in our life.
              Game over. I'am out. sorry for my wierd posts

Account Disabled

Comment

a lot of pir are black magicians
                9:128

Pickthall
                There hath come unto you a messenger, (one) of yourselves, unto whom aught that ye are overburdened is grievous, full of concern for you, for the believers full of pity, merciful.

'A'ishah narrated:

"Once, when I saw the Prophet :saw: in a good mood, I said to him: "O Messenger of Allah! Supplicate to Allah for me!"

So, he said: "O Allah! Forgive 'A'ishah her past and future sins, what she has hidden, as well as what she has made apparent."

So, I began smiling, to the point that my head fell into my lap out of joy.

The Messenger of Allah said to me: "Does my supplication make you happy?"

I replied: "And how can your supplication not make me happy?"

He then said: "By Allah, it is the supplication that I make for my Ummah in every prayer.""

Comment

Why couldn't they just put him in jail instead of beheading
                  There is no such thing as an Israel,
                  It is occupied-palestine

Should the Jews have been given a homeland?

YES...........in germany,

the world should have given the jews germany as payment for the holocaust

Comment

Originally posted by RaineR View Post
                    Why? This is punishable by death and a grave crime. Why waste money feeding him and clothing him and housing him when that money could be put to better use? This is a crime that is completely premeditated unlike even some murders that just happen in the hear of the moment (and even those are punished harshly except for very special circumstances). No excuse for committing Shir.
                    Last edited by Glow; 19-06-12, 09:53 PM.

Comment

because the shariah punishment is beheading and as muslim we have to be happy with this and accept it, some scholers have even said if you come accross a sorcerer yourself you should kill him.
                      ]IM A BRO READ MY NICK RIGHT U ROBOTS!!

Comment

Originally posted by muslimali1234 View Post
                        because the shariah punishment is beheading and as muslim we have to be happy with this and accept it, some scholers have even said if you come accross a sorcerer yourself you should kill him.
                        If that's the case then should I be killing every sorcerer back home :shock: there's looooooads
                        It is occupied-palestine

Comment

If that's the case then should I be killing every sorcerer back home :shock: there's looooooads
                          do it i wouldnt judge you i would pray for you, but seeing as your a sister i think you should let a brother do it lol no offence.
                          ]IM A BRO READ MY NICK RIGHT U ROBOTS!!

Comment

Originally posted by Glow View Post
                            Why? This is punishable by death and a grave crime. Why waste money feeding him and clothing him and housing him when that money could be put to better use? This is a crime that is completely premeditated unlike even some murders that just happen in the hear of the moment (and even those are punished harshly except for very special circumstances). No excuse for committing Shir.
                            I wasn't excusing him lol
                            Just saying some Islamic countries r not following this particular punishment for sorcerers
                            It is occupied-palestine

Comment

I thought only non-western foreigners got the death penalty?
                              "The discovery of truth is prevented more effectively, not by the false appearance of things present and which mislead into error, not directly by weakness of the reasoning powers, but by preconceived notions, opinion, and by prejudice." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

Working...
                              X