• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why does Islam mention mainly prophets from the Middle eas

Originally posted by becroce View Post
    try telling that to a Chinese
    Try reading my second point.

Allah (swt) did send Prophets and Messengers to China - but the people either rejected them, or distorted their message and mixed
    it with good old fashioned polytheism.

In which case Allah (swt) would deprive such a people of guidance because when you are busy eating cats and dogs, and exploiting each other
    to build a ridicilous Wall which kills millions, and you kill animals by smashing their skulls with rocks and sticks, and you have little humanity left inside
    you then quite frankly you don't deserve to be guided.
    "And remind, for indeed, the reminder benefits the believers"(51:55)

The Snake and Malik ibn Dinar http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOfrNtDw5Yc

Comment

Originally posted by yassin' View Post
      Try reading my second point.

Allah (swt) did send Prophets and Messengers to China - but the people either rejected them, or distorted their message and mixed
      it with good old fashioned polytheism.

In which case Allah (swt) would deprive such a people of guidance because when you are busy eating cats and dogs, and exploiting each other
      to build a ridicilous Wall which kills millions, and you kill animals by smashing their skulls with rocks and sticks, and you have little humanity left inside
      you then quite frankly you don't deserve to be guided.
      your description of the Chinese civilization is comical, but hardly realistic

the question however is not : why were no prophets sent to China (as far as we know, there might very well have been some)

it's rather : why doesn't the Quran speak of China and the Chinese ? or of the Mayas, the Zulu etc ? if it's the final universal message to all of humankind, one would have expected a somehow broader outlook, rather than simply the usual, Middle Eastern one.

Comment

^Luqman who has a whole surah named after him was a black African. Although most consider him a wise man as opposed to a prophet.

Comment

Originally posted by uali3 View Post
          Salaam brothers I have a problematic question for you guys to tackle. Why does Islam mention mainly prophets from the Middle east region when it also tells us that a "warner has been sent to all nations"?
          What about the Chinese? or Native americans? or Aborigines in Australia? Is there any evidence that these people were on monotheism? and if they weren't, then then how would they have heard about the prophet (Peace be upon him) as Islam hadn't reached them regions up until a few hundred years ago (Australia and America that is).
          salaam.

First, who are you, uali?
          Are you someone who knows about the "Middle East"?
          For your information, that term was coined by British colonizers and used to describe mostly the Muslim heartland.

The British empire in alliance with the rest of the European imperial powers, conquered the world to erect a particular world order. that world order elevated nationality, ethnicity as the criterion of measure of a "nation". And where relevant, they used their Judeo Christian Biblical references to reshape lands once ruled by Islam.
          Hence, Shaam became Transjordan, Israel, Syria, Lebanon, Egypt (Palestine) when prior to kufar imperial dominion, this region was called "Shaam", or "Biladul Shaam".

So calling Muslim lands "Middle East" when communicating with Muslims speaks poorly of your worldview and angle.

The Holy Quran was revealed to a people, Arabs, sons of Ismail (as), who were NOT worldly. They were NOT well travelled nor highly cultured in dealing with other peoples. However, Arabs were situated in Arabia, and Arabia is a highly important region of the world. It is at the land crossroads of continents, between Asia and Africa, between Western Asia (aka Europe) and Africa. It is also within reach via water to Indian subcontinent and central Asia, and east Africa, and of course the Mediterrean. It is speculated by scientists that mankind originally migrated out of Africa through Arabia and Shaam. And in our contemporary times, Arabia is at the center of oceanic and water traffic such that shipping through the Suez and from the Arabian Gulf is strategically important.

So this region has had importance for eons and will continue to have importance until the Last Day.

As well, the Prophet (saaw) mentioned Shaam and Arabia including Yemen as places of blessings and bounty from Allah, but also the Hijaz, until the Last Day.

And the history of Prophets and messengers of Allah (as) to this region, Shaam and Arabia, has also seen the greatest success in Dawah and reception from people. Like it or not, but we know that the messengers of Allah Musa and Isa (as) both had numbers of followers, whereas the followers of other prophets in other parts of the world did not succeed in sustaining their communities until the coming of the Prophet Muhammad (saaw).

So if there was a Prophet sent to China eons ago, and there likely was, the enemies of Allah succeeded in defeating his efforts and turned it to suit their interests and power.

Translation of the Holy Quran 25:31-32:
          Thus did We make for every Prophet enemies from among those immersed in evil. Your Lord suffices you as a Guide and a Helper.
          Those who disbelieve say: "Why was the Qur'an not revealed to him all at once?" It was revealed thus that We may fully impress it on your mind; (and for the same end) We have revealed it gradually (according to a scheme) in fragments.
          So the Quran was revealed strategically in arabic to the Prophet Muhammad (saw) who was an Arab. And the Message of Islam was revealed to Arab people but was and is for all mankind until the Last Day.
          This signifies that in order for the message to gain its full potential and adherence in Arabia and supporting the Prophet (saaw) and his mission, we can speculate that by referencing Arab prophets and omitting Chinese or Inca or Aborigine prophets, supported the Prophet (saaw) and his cause.

It is known that Jahili Arabs at that time were looking for foreign sources who secretly fed Muhammad (saaw) verses. They lied and claimed he received aid from a foreigner:

(16:103)
          Surely We know well that they say about you: "It is only a human being who teaches him,"(notwithstanding) that he whom they maliciously hint at is of foreign tongue, while this (Qur'an) is plain Arabic speech.

(16:105) (It is not the Prophet who invents lies), it is rather those who do not believe in the signs of Allah who invent lies.They are liars

So to bolster the Message and to insure the best outcome, there was a method to the revelation, including NOT mentioning unknown and obscure prophets and messengers who no one alive at that time would know and probably of whom there was no recorded history of them, especially not as prophets of Allah.

[Excuse me, but I LOVE that via intellectual argument, ALLAH AWJ kicks the tails of disbelievers throughout the Quran up and down!!!]

One can see that disbelievers struggled and argued against the Prophet (saaw) and the Quran itself day and night. It was not a simple issue. The enemies of Islam made every single ayah an issue of contention and conflict, trying to gain an advantage for popular support in particular.

So mentioning an unknown, ancient Chinese prophet or prophets might have been a disadvantage to the Prophet (saw) in terms of the strategy of carrying the Message in Makka. I could speculate for example, if Confucius was said to be a prophet of Allah, disbelievers would simply argue that he was actually a polytheist according to the recorded history. And since there was no 'book' or community of Chinese believers who could support the Prophet (saaw), and the enemies of Allah had already altered the teachings of Confucius to suit their worldly agenda of polytheism/shirk, and family forefather worship and obedience and obedience to the emperor, then it would have been a disadvantage to mention him (not saying Confucius was a prophet of Allah).

Look at how the disbelievers argued over Isa and Musa (ahs). And both of them had books and after Musa (as) was a long line of prophets and community of believers to support them, and the enemies of Allah still found ways to distort the message and undermine believers.

Insha Allah, this addresses the issue of not mentioning unknown prophets from distant peoples who probably have no record of their prophethood (at least among men).

And Allah knows best.
          Allahumma, aranee al haqqu haqqan wa arzuqnee itiba`ahu, wa aranee al baatilu baatilaan wa arzuqnee ijtinaabahu.Oh Allah! show us the truth as true, and inspire us to follow it. Show us falsehood as falsehood, and inspire us to abstain from it.
          " Do you know what destroys Islam? A mistake made by a scholar, the argument of a hypocrite in writing and the ruling of leaders who wish for people to stray

Comment

Salaam,

I don't remember where I read this but I remember reading that Allah swt had sent hundreds of prophets...and there are also the lost prophets. I believe these prophets that Allah swt has sent were the prominent of them all.

Comment

I used the term Middle east for convenience purposes, as then most people would know what i'm talking about. I'm from Britain so i suppose that plays a part in the ignorance of my geographical knowledge. The rest of your post was quite useful. Jzk

Comment

I have done some research regarding this and have found that out of the 7 billion people living in the world, around 5 billion are from Africa and Asia including Arabia. This goes some way to explaining why so many messengers were sent here and so many are mentioned in the Quran and hadith. When islam spread, it spread to these regions quite rapidly and around that time there were 300/400 million people in the world (majority from the 3 continents mentioned). Also Islam first came to china quite rapidly through trade and commerce. As the world's become smaller through globalisation, Islam's universality has also increased, making it a Universal religion for the whole of Mankind. Its important to note that as the world now knows each region of the earth and can access most continents, this is in sync with the last messenger arriving. Because beforehand, prophets were only sent to seperate nations, and most these nations didnt have contact with other nations. Now that every nation has contact through globalization, it shows that islam is truly universal, because this has happened in sync with the coming of the last messenger, which wasnt the case before. Also there is a hadith and opinion amongst most scholars that those who havent receieved the message of Islam or have found it in corrupted form from the enemies of Islam, they will not be punished. Nowadays this doesnt really apply to most people, as most of us have access. The fact that globalization is in sync with the coming of the final universal message of the final prophet (peace be upon him) is a miracle in itself.

Comment

similar thread in learn to Islam section .

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...ope-and-Africa
                  Where there are no Ulemah(Scholars) there are many Muftis.

I
                  deal System of Living for All Mankind .

Comment

we have to remember that the Quran was revealed to the Arabs and most of the Prophets mentioned are either from the favoured People the Bani Israel or previous communities from the Arab Lands for their familiarity .

And a few thousands years ago the only known civilzations were in Iraq , Egypt , Indus ( current day Pakistan ) China .

Allah clearly states in the Quran

Quran is not a directory for the 124000 Prophets of Allah (swt) but a guidance from Him and He knows best what to mention .
                    Where there are no Ulemah(Scholars) there are many Muftis.

I
                    deal System of Living for All Mankind .

Comment

Comment

I was hoping someone would refer me to an article like the one i have posted above instead of calling me a troll and getting defensive etc. As you can tell by reading the article, in every region of the earth, most people had monotheistic beliefs (One God) and then later on, these teachings became corrupted. Fascinating read, and inshAllah Iman increasing.

Comment

Originally posted by uali3 View Post
                          I was hoping someone would refer me to an article like the one i have posted above instead of calling me a troll and getting defensive etc. As you can tell by reading the article, in every region of the earth, most people had monotheistic beliefs (One God) and then later on, these teachings became corrupted. Fascinating read, and inshAllah Iman increasing.
                          I'm sure you'll like reading this too - http://www.islamic-awareness.org/History/prophet.html
                          A Fast Growing Islamic Search Website -

www.Searching-Islam.com

Comment

Surah AN-NAHL (THE BEE) verse 36

Allah says

And verily We have raised in every nation a messenger, (proclaiming): Serve Allah and shun false gods. Then some of them (there were) whom Allah guided, and some of them (there were) upon whom error had just hold. Do but travel in the land and see the nature of the consequence for the deniers!

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                            X