Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why does Islam mention mainly prophets from the Middle eas

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
    Not all the Prophets are named in the Qur'an nevermind described.
    I realize that. Of those that are, though, all appear to be from the Middle East. Hence the OP.

Comment

Danes?

As in the few 100,000 people living at the tip of Scandanavia?

As if THEY are deserving of a prophet of Allah.

The arrogance of disbelief- as if universality will be defined by someone who once and may again defecate on themselves.
      Allahumma, aranee al haqqu haqqan wa arzuqnee itiba`ahu, wa aranee al baatilu baatilaan wa arzuqnee ijtinaabahu.Oh Allah! show us the truth as true, and inspire us to follow it. Show us falsehood as falsehood, and inspire us to abstain from it.
      " Do you know what destroys Islam? A mistake made by a scholar, the argument of a hypocrite in writing and the ruling of leaders who wish for people to stray

Comment

Try to watch Naik's lecture on similarities between Islam and Hindu religion....I don't know why Quran mentions about prophets of middle east.... Most of them mentioned in Quran belong to same blood line. So its natural they lived in same place.....center of the earth
        "It is not eyes that are blinded, but blinded are the hearts..."- (Sura Al-Hajj : 46)

Comment

Originally posted by DonSmith View Post
          I realize that. Of those that are, though, all appear to be from the Middle East. Hence the OP.
          Actually quite a few of the Prophets mentioned in the Qur'an were sent to the People of Israel.

Comment

Who's to say that some of the 25 mentioned that existed before the Prophet Ibrahim who was the father of Semites weren't from the groups you mentioned?

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Kamel View Post
              Danes?

As in the few 100,000 people living at the tip of Scandanavia?
              Yeah. It's just one example, though - there's plenty of bigger nations elsewhere.

As if THEY are deserving of a prophet of Allah.
              Well, they are a nation, after all.

The arrogance of disbelief- as if universality will be defined by someone who once and may again defecate on themselves.
              I beg your pardon?

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
              Actually quite a few of the Prophets mentioned in the Qur'an were sent to the People of Israel.
              Israel is in the Middle East.

Anyhow...it is what it is. Maybe Allah just likes Middle East.

Comment

All that matters is the final Messenger was sent to the whole of mankind... no need to worry about tribes and nations from a random period and location in history.

Comment

I think it might be something with the middle east being between the three great continents.

Comment

the topic was started by a troll and he left another troll to continue the argument, get a life don
                    "Be A Lamp, A Lifeboat, A Ladder, Help Someone's Soul Heal. Walk Out Of Your House Like A Shepherd" - Rumi

Comment

Don,
                      You have exposed at least one major flaw in your reasoning: that you think Denmark is a nation worthy of a prophet of Allah.

Who defines what a nation is? God or Man?

If it's left up to Man, then men will fight amongst each other, and the victor, often the most ruthless and deceiving, will declare power over others and call his subordinates "a nation" of people.

Or, men will reproduce, sometimes in utter ignorance of themselves, and generate 1000s of offspring, such as the house of Saud, and then call themselves a nation.

Or, the results of these two will form a body by which they enforce their laws on the rest of the world and grant 'nationhood' to those who they deem worthy and who serve their interests despite never being 'a nation' before (such as Kuwait).

Why are the Chinese or Inca or Cro Magnon prehistoric peoples relevant to the tribes of Arabia and the succeeding generations of Muslims, except for these different people should submit to God and join in the Muslim Ummah?
                      Allahumma, aranee al haqqu haqqan wa arzuqnee itiba`ahu, wa aranee al baatilu baatilaan wa arzuqnee ijtinaabahu.Oh Allah! show us the truth as true, and inspire us to follow it. Show us falsehood as falsehood, and inspire us to abstain from it.
                      " Do you know what destroys Islam? A mistake made by a scholar, the argument of a hypocrite in writing and the ruling of leaders who wish for people to stray

Comment

Salamz, i'm not a troll. I fully believe in Islam and believe myself to be Muslim. There's certainly enough evidence within Islam for me to believe it with full conviction. However, i'm quite inquisitive and sometimes need to ask questions on forums such as this, so i can learn from someone with more knowledge. I didn't ask this question to be insulted and called a troll (making me sound like some sorta munafiq). I think i have the right intentions in the questions i've asked, if not may Allah forgive me, but it was something that was going through my head hence i posted it.

Comment

Originally posted by uali3 View Post
                          Salaam brothers I have a problematic question for you guys to tackle. Why does Islam mention mainly prophets from the Middle east region when it also tells us that a "warner has been sent to all nations"?

What about the Chinese? or Native americans? or Aborigines in Australia? Is there any evidence that these people were on monotheism? and if they weren't, then then how would they have heard about the prophet (Peace be upon him) as Islam hadn't reached them regions up until a few hundred years ago (Australia and America that is).

The silence of islam on non people of the book & sabeans. Makes me wonder was there any other religions at the time that needed correcting, because islam was sent to correct the Arab polytheists, and islam was to confirm the teachings of Jesus and Moses and Abraham (Peace be upon them all). But what about the chinese and indian (Hindu's) who also needed correcting as they were indulging in idol worship and pagan practices.

The narrative in islam is muslims vs arab polytheists and jewish/christian denial.

What were people in China doing? What were they practicing, why hasn't Quran addressed them also.

I will accept north america and south america as being yet to be discovered. But surely Asia had population, and surely they had a common belief in the example of Buddhism or Hinduism.

Very excited to read your thoughts on this. As usual I welcome open mindedness in the name of understanding Islam.
                          You are missing two very vital points to understand this question.

The first point is that the greatest civilizations were concentrated not in Europe or China but in the Middle East. The Middle East was the cross-roads of the day and also had the highest population.
                          It was the central markaz of the world for both trade and commerece and ideas. What we call Civilization today started in the Middle East.

Second point is that Allah (swt) guides whom He wills, and guidance is not something everybody deserves.

Just like Allah (swt) CHOOSES the martyrs from among our Ummah, in the same manner Allah (swt) CHOOSES who to guide - only those who deserves guidance will be chosen.

This is illustrated by the fact that for centuries Allah (swt) only chose the Bani Israel from the entire Mankind to be His chosen nation.
                          "And remind, for indeed, the reminder benefits the believers"(51:55)

The Snake and Malik ibn Dinar http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOfrNtDw5Yc

Comment

It may not 'need' to, but since it states that every nation was sent a prophet, some people may find it suspicious that it only names and describes prophets from the Middle East.

I think describing a wider variety of messengers (from Europe, Asia, Australia, Americas) would have reinforced its claim to universality, and could also demonstrate knowledge of places and cultures unheard of by 7th century Arabs. They may not have known about Americas or Australia, but Allah would have...
                            It does mentioned unheard of cultures in 7th century, for example City of Iram etc. There's alot of things mentioned that would not have been verifiable by the Arabs at that time.

Which in all honesty, wouldn't have really helped against their skeptisism. Also keep in mind mentioning of specific prophets was to affirm to the Christians/Jews at that time (who would've been the only one's who believed in Prophets) where they made errors in their beliefs in regards to their prophets.
                            A Fast Growing Islamic Search Website -

www.Searching-Islam.com

Comment

Originally posted by yassin' View Post
                              You are missing two very vital points to understand this question.

The first point is that the greatest civilizations were concentrated not in Europe or China but in the Middle East. .
                              try telling that to a Chinese (or even to a Korean, or a Japanese, Vietnamese, or a Maya etc etc)

good luck

Comment

Assalaamu 3alaykum. I'll say what was enough for the people of knowledge before us said when restraining oneself from rushing into topics which they didn't know about, Allah knows best.

Insha'Allah before going to places where the majority of us are laymen and asking questions such as these it is best advised that you should ask the people of knowledge who are qualified in this field.

One thing you should consider is that if you look at the Qu'ran it's a guide to the straight path not a history book. The Quran has a lot of true stories in it and Allah tells us the best of stories. Maybe part of the answer to your question is to benefit from the prophets mentioned stories and learn all types of lessons so much so that no other mention is needed? Allah knows best.
                                "Who can be better in Deen than one who submits his whole self to Allah, does good, and follows the way of Ibraham the true in Faith? For Allah did take Ibraham for a friend." [Surah An-Nisaa] (4:125)

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X