Why does Islam mention mainly prophets from the Middle eas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does Islam mention mainly prophets from the Middle eas

Salaam brothers I have a problematic question for you guys to tackle. Why does Islam mention mainly prophets from the Middle east region when it also tells us that a "warner has been sent to all nations"?

What about the Chinese? or Native americans? or Aborigines in Australia? Is there any evidence that these people were on monotheism? and if they weren't, then then how would they have heard about the prophet (Peace be upon him) as Islam hadn't reached them regions up until a few hundred years ago (Australia and America that is).

The silence of islam on non people of the book & sabeans. Makes me wonder was there any other religions at the time that needed correcting, because islam was sent to correct the Arab polytheists, and islam was to confirm the teachings of Jesus and Moses and Abraham (Peace be upon them all). But what about the chinese and indian (Hindu's) who also needed correcting as they were indulging in idol worship and pagan practices.

The narrative in islam is muslims vs arab polytheists and jewish/christian denial.

What were people in China doing? What were they practicing, why hasn't Quran addressed them also.

I will accept north america and south america as being yet to be discovered. But surely Asia had population, and surely they had a common belief in the example of Buddhism or Hinduism.

Very excited to read your thoughts on this. As usual I welcome open mindedness in the name of understanding Islam.

Re: Difficult question..please discuss.

i dont get the question, a prophet has been sent to each nation at every time, and the final prophet sallalahu allayhi wa salaam for all nations for all times.

where is the confusion?

Recipes for all the family :inlove:
    (and you thought I was a lazy feminazi which can't cook?)

Comment

Originally posted by naila-k View Post
      i dont get the question, a prophet has been sent to each nation at every time, and the final prophet sallalahu allayhi wa salaam for all nations for all times.

where is the confusion?
      I think he wants to know why the Qur'an does not reference any particular prophets from places other than Middle East. Like China, for example.

Comment

Originally posted by DonSmith View Post
        I think he wants to know why the Qur'an does not reference any particular prophets from places other than Middle East. Like China, for example.
        yes - christianity, islam, hebraism... all concentrated in the same region, all seeped in the same "abrahamic" and "prophetic" tradition

the Americas, China/most of Asia, Africa, Australia etc seem to have very, very different traditions

Comment

Originally posted by uali3 View Post

I will accept north america and south america as being yet to be discovered..
          you mean, the people living in the Americas had not yet discovered where they were living ?

Comment

Nations are not necessarily defined by geography or race.

Comment

Why does it need to?

Comment

Re: Why does Islam mention mainly prophets from the Middle eas

Salam, sorry for the confusion. My point is, other places on Earth such as China or Australia would have been indulging in polytheism and idol worship but the message of Islam hadn't reached them till very late (Especially in the case for Australia or the Americas). Back then, there wasn't any real means of communication or logistics between countries in different continents, so how would have these people heard of Islam? And if they were indulging in Idol worship, then why weren't they sent a message sooner instead of centuries later. i hope you've understood my points. Its just been something that's been on my mind, hope i don't sound stupid.

Comment

Salam, sorry for the confusion. My point is, other places on Earth such as China or Australia would have been indulging in polytheism and idol worship but the message of Islam hadn't reached them till very late (Especially in the case for Australia or the Americas). Back then, there wasn't any real means of communication or logistics between countries in different continents, so how would have these people heard of Islam? And if they were indulging in Idol worship, then why weren't they sent a message sooner instead of centuries later. i hope you've understood my points. Its just been something that's been on my mind, hope i don't sound stupid.
                  What's to say a Prophet wasn't sent to them?

Comment

Originally posted by ahmad12 View Post
                    Why does it need to?
                    It may not 'need' to, but since it states that every nation was sent a prophet, some people may find it suspicious that it only names and describes prophets from the Middle East.

I think describing a wider variety of messengers (from Europe, Asia, Australia, Americas) would have reinforced its claim to universality, and could also demonstrate knowledge of places and cultures unheard of by 7th century Arabs. They may not have known about Americas or Australia, but Allah would have...

Comment

It may not 'need' to, but since it states that every nation was sent a prophet, some people may find it suspicious that it only names and describes prophets from the Middle East.

I think describing a wider variety of messengers (from Europe, Asia, Australia, Americas) would have reinforced its claim to universality, and could also demonstrate knowledge of places and cultures unheard of by 7th century Arabs. They may not have known about Americas or Australia, but Allah would have...

Comment

ok, look at it this way,

a prophet named Isa as or Jesus was sent, after a few hundred years people began to claim his divinity and indulge in idol worship etc. This does not mean a prophet was not sent to this nation. It means they rejected the warnings of the Prophet.

Similarly a Prophet would have been sent to china, asia etc. If you read the holy texts of all religions you find some truth in them. Refer to Zakir Naiks talks on the Hindu scriptures for a more indepth analysis of this.
                        However, over time people corrupted the message of the prophets and claimed their divinity.

Comment

Another point is that some of the stuff in the Quran was knowledge that was secret to the Jews, and confirmed the knwoledge in their scriptures, that they had not shared with anyone else, thus confirming Its authenticity.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
                            Culture? Government? However you define "nation", I think you would be hard-pressed to argue that Mayas, Chinese or Danes are fellow nationals to one of the prophets described in the Qur'an.

Comment

Culture? Government? However you define "nation", I think you would be hard-pressed to argue that Mayas, Chinese or Danes are fellow nationals to one of the prophets described in the Qur'an.
                              Not all the Prophets are named in the Qur'an nevermind described.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X