Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is My Job Seekers Allowance Haraam?

http://reserveyourself.wordpress.com...ng-dont-steal/

Anyway what should i do just search for 3 jobs a week from now or search for 6 jobs a week to make up for the past maybe?
    Please don't say something like get a job! because its not that easy i've been to places for a job and they just say that jobs already been taken and i sometimes get the feeling they are lying but i can't call them on it. i can't say uhm really? it's been taken huh? so whos the succesful candidate?
    I do pay zakat/sadaqah even though i don't think it's obligatory for me to do so since i don't make alot.
    I just don't want to be a burden on my family asking them for money for food if i don't have any income at all. I claim job seekers allowance for my financial needs and it's the only way for me making a decent halal income.

Re: Is My Job Seekers Allowance Haraam?

hope your not married. why have you stopped searching for a job? you want to live off peanuts? Islam teaches that you should be working with your own 2 hands to make an honest living. living off JSA is lowly, especially if your not genuinely looking for work. i did 2 months work experience for free, just so that I can use that experience to get a new job and I did.
    Know that the life of this world is but amusement and diversion and adornment and boasting to one another and competition in increase of wealth and children...

-Quran (57:20)

Comment

Bro, I know how it feels.. I've been out of a job since June.. Look for one.. Keep praying surah waaqiah before you sleep and inshaAllah one will come. Have faith in Allah

Comment

:salams

My big brother is unemployed too, has been for quite a while now and he gets Job Seekers Allowance. He missed some meeting once and they cut off his JSA, he appealed coz he had a good reason for not attending. If u don't have a good reason for not looking for 3 jobs a week then say bye bye to any kind of income. And also bro, stop paying Zakat/Sadaqah for the time being as it's not obligatory upon you to do so. And as someone else suggested do some free work experience too insha'Allah :up:

May Allah make it easier for u to find a job, Ameen.

All the best :)
        Last edited by ~Sprinkles; 22-05-12, 05:00 PM.
        إن للمتقين مفازا

Comment

You should make your money halal. You are being paid that money to seek a job which is why it's called Job Seekers Allowance. If you dont seek a job then you are obtaining money by deception which is no different to stealing it. If they are telling you to seek 3 jobs a week then as a Muslim you should seek 30 jobs a week.

There really is no excuse not to take the first job that comes along. Why not apply to be a cleaner, waiter or shop assistant? The Prophet and the Sahabah would never have lived on state handouts and neither should we for they are the best of examples.

Comment

:salams

Keep looking and applying to as many jobs as you can and more importantly make dua. Unemployment is tough but don't give up looking for work, try to have a positive outlook. May Allah make it easy for you to find work Ameen.
            And strive because the sweetness of life lies in the struggle - Imam al-Shafi'i

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
            X