• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Explain this ayah please?

Re: Explain this ayah please?

bump

Comment

painful torment? (10) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

JazakAllah khair for the duas but i would prefer duas for shahadah instead.

sponsor an orphan

Comment

:jkk: brother Umar

Comment

BarrakAllahu feek.
          painful torment? (10) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

sponsor an orphan

Comment

My translations says: and those who neglect their prayers.
            So it means those who have the ability to pray at the right time but didnt
            Fear Allah! And be nice to me :)

Comment

Yeah, I've always heard neglectful =/
              Free Web Hosting Pakistan - BASE.PK
              Hi Web.India - Free Web Hosting India

Comment

all those meanings are included in the verse, as explained in the tafsir.

sponsor an orphan

Comment

akhi the ayah indicates those who delay or neglect their salah from their appointed times.

not those who delay it to within the appointed times.

it is not a soon to pray within the appointed times. although it is better to pray a soon as the time for it is due.

:jkk:
                  Last edited by Saif-Uddin; 22-05-12, 09:37 AM.
                  http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

Comment

Originally posted by Saif-Uddin View Post
                    ]

akhi the ayah states those who delay or neglect their salah from their appointed times.

not those who delay it to within the appointed times.

according to the tafsir (posted above) both meanings are encompassed in the ayah.

sponsor an orphan

Comment

Originally posted by uncle umar View Post
                      according to the tafsir (posted above) both meanings are encompassed in the ayah.
                      was about to post that, delaying without a justifiable cause is a sign of hypocrisy, especially the last portion of the appointed time period,

if you prayed zuhr at 3 that wouldn't be a sin, especially as the period of zuhr salah in the UK is quite a few hours.

and Allah tala knows best.

i'm not saying that any salah should be delayed at all. we should hasten to perform the salah as soon as it is due.

Last edited by Saif-Uddin; 22-05-12, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Without referring to any of the replies, I just want to remind OP to not to take your deen so granted.

there is no scholar who is active on Ummah forum. So instead of asking the meaning of a verse of Quran to the laymen & women on this forum, reach out to ulama. There are many islamic websites run by renowned scholars. So now a days even the excuse of, 'there is no scholar where I live' does not even counts as we have access to Ulama via online tools.

If we face a problem with chronic disease do we consult a right doctor at first opportunity or do we start asking anyone we like? Like wise if we face a legal case do we reach out to a qualified lawyer or do we start asking anyone and everyone? Then why don't we apply the same approach when it comes to the matters of deen? Instead of trying to reach out qualified Ulama we start posting questions on deen to those who are not even qualified to answer in the first place.

I am making a suggestion in general sense. The question you have asked here might not be that complex but in future if you face a more complex masalah of deen and instead of reaching out to the qualified ulama if you start asking anyone and everyone, you will only confuse yourself.
                        لا أريد مِنْكُمْ جَزَاء وَلا شُكُورًا

Comment

According to the Mufti Shafi Usmani ra..

Verser[107:4-6]
                          So woe to those perfomers of salah who are neglectful of their salah, who [do good only to] show off.

These verses describe the characteristics of the hypocrites who used to perform the prayers only to make a display them to the people and prove that their claim of being sincere Muslims is true. As they dont belive in the obligatory nature of prayers. they are not regular at them, and they dont observe the prescribed times, but offer them carelessly at the eleventh hour or completey out of time. They perform them only when they must to make a display of them, otherwise they no place in their lives. The prepostion 'an (translated above as 'of') in the prepositional phrase "[neglectful]" of their salah" is significant. it indicates that they [the hypocrites] are neglectful of the very concept of salah. This does not refer to the unintentional errors, slips and mistakes that Muslims make in their prayes. The Holy Prophet :saw: also make this type of unintenional mistakes in his prayers. The warning ot Hell by the expression of wail does not apply to such mistakes. If that was the case, the prepositional phrase would have been fi salatihim [in their prayers] instead of ['an Salatihim [neglectful of their prayers].
                          Most Charming Kitten

Only in Pakistan

Comment

Originally posted by truepath View Post
                            Without referring to any of the replies, I just want to remind OP to not to take your deen so granted.

there is no scholar who is active on Ummah forum. So instead of asking the meaning of a verse of Quran to the laymen & women on this forum, reach out to ulama. There are many islamic websites run by renowned scholars. So now a days even the excuse of, 'there is no scholar where I live' does not even counts as we have access to Ulama via online tools.

If we face a problem with chronic disease do we consult a right doctor at first opportunity or do we start asking anyone we like? Like wise if we face a legal case do we reach out to a qualified lawyer or do we start asking anyone and everyone? Then why don't we apply the same approach when it comes to the matters of deen? Instead of trying to reach out qualified Ulama we start posting questions on deen to those who are not even qualified to answer in the first place.

I am making a suggestion in general sense. The question you have asked here might not be that complex but in future if you face a more complex masalah of deen and instead of reaching out to the qualified ulama if you start asking anyone and everyone, you will only confuse yourself.
                            take the brothers advice, we aren't fit to interpret any ayah,

Comment

Tafsir al-Tustari:

So woe to those who pray! but are heedless of their prayers, He said: They are the hypocrites who are negligent about the [prescribed] times for the prayers, and observing the requirements and obligations [of prayer]. This is a severe warning indicating that not everyone who has the appearance of being obedient and stands alongside the worshippers is actually an obedient person whose works are accepted. In the Psalms (zabūr) of David [are the words]: ‘Ask those who attend at the temples with their bodies, keeping the positions of the worshippers, while yet their hearts are occupied with the world, whether they value Me lightly, or are they trying to deceive Me? ’In another tradition it is reported: ‘A person does not obtain any [benefit] from his prayer save that in which he was mindful (ʿaqala).’ His words, Exalted is He.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X