This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the Keller cult

Someone deleted my post about nuh keller the deviant because it didnt have a proper source, now I will present more than one source and show all that this man is deviant and we Muslims should stay away from him and his likes...

Here are quotes from Suhaib Webb on his blog about this Keller & his cult.....

“After I was shown a number of answers at Sunnipath, I left them. I would not encourage anyone to take fatwa or knowledge from them as they are not qualifed. Nor would I encourage anyone to go to Jordan and live with the Keller cult. The reports we are getting from there and the damaged murids we are seeing in Cairo, we need to avoid these people at all cost. A simple remedy. When you go to study some place ask yourself, where is the memorization of the Qur’an, its study and the Sunna? Where is the fiqh and the Usol? I’ve been told that [they] buy Nuh Keller’s sweaty clothes, nasty old miswaks and so on. This is not Islam, this is Hislam. This is not an issues of sufi salafi, this is an issue of a Jim Jones type cult.”

"When it comes to cults, families being hurt, which I've seen and other things, we have to stand up and protect our communities from cults. I admonish all who want to follow me, circle around me or turn me into some guru that I'm nothing. I'm not a scholar, sheikh, imam and I have no group or tariqa. I'm just a student of knowledge."

"I would like to make it clear that I have found instances of families being broken by this group and witnessed an intolerance from some of their followers that borders on bigotry. I have a dear friend who left the group and has since left Islam. I would prefer not to go into details, but he was ex communicated from the group by their leader. I do not agree with Nuh Keller, his followers nor with what Sunnipath pushes as being mainstream. Islam is not about any personality save the Prophet {sa).

"Unfortunately I find many similarities between such groups and the very churches I attended before my Islam. I would not encourage anyone to go to Jordan to live with them, nor take fatwa our courses from Sunnipath. Unity has its price and we cannot use it to justify destroyed families and the strange opinions found at Sunnipath. American Muslim leadership has a responsibility to stand up in front of any group that threatens the social fabric of our communities and pushes strange opinions off as though they are the norm. Let folks know now that I'm not going respond to the barrage of comments I'm about to receive regarding this. I have no time for this and hope and pray that we can move beyond desires and look at the realities articulated by the Qur'an, Sunna and the Usol. The internet is a hot bed for emotional feelings, angers and loves, all steeped in souls that love things based on desires and not dalil. Thus, there is not time to argue. Let's study, memorize the book of Allah, memorize Bulugh al-Maram, memorize the Alfiya, study and develop programs for the communities we live in."

and from the same website an account of an ex-mureeda of nuh keller, read and open your eyes:
    "I am an ex- Mureeda of the Sh Nuh tariqa. I was in an abusive marriage as a convert to Islam, married to a convert. I supported him the entire time of our marriage when he would call me his cash cow etc. He failed to disclose a history of violence with multiple restraining orders against him. I approached Sh Nuh by email and his wife and deputies on several occasions – he’d beated me, broken a bone, stolen from me, taken our children for hours and days without consent and everyday was a torment. Sh nuhs’s wife advised me to look at what I was doing to cause him to behave thus, to be grateful he did not take a second wife and refuse to divorce me. She then related a story of a woman in the hayy who was a second wife to one of the mureeds. She, according to Umm Sahl, did not know how to talk, or listen, so ” he beat her up. Then he divorced her and took another second wife who he is besotted with and who’s got him wrapped around her little finger.” Sh Nuh told me not to nag him, and to be patient. After my husband went to a brothel, Sh Nuh told me divorce was my choice but ” in my experience a woman with even a deficient man is better off than no man at all.” so I stayed. Until he divorced me after falling in love with a prostitute…all along we were told not to question the shaykh and his deputies. That a true mureed does what (s) he is told without question. Umm Sahl and umm khayr publicly talk about domestic violence, to the women, saying that in every case they hear of, they have to ask, what is she doing to cause this…and that ” women just don’t know when to SHUT UP”.

I left the tariqa after my divorce, and only after I did have I realized how mind breaking it is, to live like that day in, day out, not to be allowed to question anything etc. if you are happy with the tariqa, good for you, you must have decent husbands. In the wrong hands, the tariqa, Sh nuhs’s tariqa, is just bad, and I’m sure umm Sahl, umm khayr and Sh Nuh himself, will be answering for their “advice” on the Day from many wronged women. Prior to my departure, I wrote to Sh Nuh one last time, seeking clarification of the advice given, in case I’d been mistaken. His response was, ” we’ll, if you don’t like the advice oven, don’t take it…”. No hisaab that I saw, no reflection, no accountability. To me, that is bad news all around, I’d not see a doctor like that, why would I put my dunya and akhira in the hands of someone like this?"

http://www.suhaibwebb.com/personaldv...o-al-shanqiti/

Now we move to another website which is dedicated to refute nuh keller and mashaAllah they did a good job because they provide evidence from Qur'an, Sunnah & Scholars sayings to prove their point.

Nuh Keller on Singing and Dancing
    http://nuh.faithweb.com/issues/dance.htm

The Sheikh comes before the Prophet SAAWS
    http://nuh.faithweb.com/tareeqa_note...before_prophet

Quoting problematic Sufi figures
    http://nuh.faithweb.com/tareeqa_note...l#quoting_sufi

and the website is full of such deviances
    http://nuh.faithweb.com/

Now dont delete my post.....

Brothers & sisters, open your eyes to the truth.....we are slaves of Allah ONLY and not to a sheikh....and certainly not to such deviant people who twist & turn Islam and make it into a new religion and then they dare say that they do all of this to "purify" the heart!!!! is there a better way to purify the heart than to follow Qur'an & Sunnah & Sahaba's way??? have we become so blind that we dont see anything wrong with the above? is the brainwashing of such sheikhs that strong? may Allah protect us from such people....
    "Be A Lamp, A Lifeboat, A Ladder, Help Someone's Soul Heal. Walk Out Of Your House Like A Shepherd" - Rumi

Re: the Keller cult

Assalamo alaikum,

I am in Jordan but have never come across him or his followers. When I was in the uK as a very early muslim, someone (who I found out years later actually did belong in his tariqa) gave me tapes of his to listen to, but subhanAllah none of them were clear, alhamdulillah. I think they live in a certain area and most of his followers are reverts, but I will ask sisters who have been here longer about this issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Umm Fatimah View Post
      Assalamo alaikum,

I am in Jordan but have never come across him or his followers. When I was in the uK as a very early muslim, someone (who I found out years later actually did belong in his tariqa) gave me tapes of his to listen to, but subhanAllah none of them were clear, alhamdulillah. I think they live in a certain area and most of his followers are reverts, but I will ask sisters who have been here longer about this issue.

Walaikumassalam,

Make sure you do that and warn people about such a group.......of course these groups will never be found in the open, they are always hiding in the dark, if they were on the true path they will declare themselves.....
      "Be A Lamp, A Lifeboat, A Ladder, Help Someone's Soul Heal. Walk Out Of Your House Like A Shepherd" - Rumi

Comment

assalaamu alaykum,

anyone who believes ibn arabi was a muslim, knowing his beliefs about Allaah being in the creation, needs to renew their shahadah and go back to 'go' and start learning the deen again starting with the most important aspect of all, tawheed.
        Abu Saalehah

OUTREACH4ISLAM - Calling the not yet Muslims of Leicester to Islam since 2006

Comment

jazakallaahu khairan tayyiboon for warning against this man, may Allaah swt guide him or silence him.

I remember at the time of the taliban being attacked, he was part of the sufi trinity, along with abdul hakim murad and hamza yusuf who were brought out by the kuffar to make their fataawah and declare the taliban not proper muslims to legitimise the kuffar attack against a muslim land.
          Abu Saalehah

OUTREACH4ISLAM - Calling the not yet Muslims of Leicester to Islam since 2006

Comment

I'm not his mureed or involved in his Tariqah by any means, but I have seen him from close:

Shaykh Nuh is a humble man, amazing translator and one of the most ardent followers of the Sunnah of our Beloved Prophet :saw: that I have ever seen.
            The Sahaba (radiAllahu anhum) used to cling to the Sunnah just because it was Sunnah
            Today we abandon the Sunnah, just because it's Sunnah.

Comment

Originally posted by ImaanSeeker View Post
              I'm not his mureed or involved in his Tariqah by any means, but I have seen him from close:

Shaykh Nuh is a humble man, amazing translator and one of the most ardent followers of the Sunnah of our Beloved Prophet :saw: that I have ever seen.
              looks can be deceiving...just by seeing him from close a few times does not mean that person is the most ardent follower of the Sunnah, please look at his teachings from the links i gave and how he praises problematic figures shunned by the most knowns scholars!!!! if someone is nice infront of you and writes such devious things what would you conclude about the man? no wonder his cult is going the wrong way....

what do you say about Suhaib Webb's own admission about one of his close friends relationship with that group? What about the account of the Mureeda of the Sheikh and her husband's abuse and nuh keller's advice???

Comment

mashaALLAH. Shaykh Nuh has been refuted by tayyiboon!!

btw, I didn't know SunniPath was run by Shaykh Nuh? When did this take over occur?
                Rajab is a month of cultivation

Comment

By saying I've seen him from close, I meant that I've heard him speak, seen his day to day actions, how he carries himself and deals with others. And this is not just a few times, but over a long period of time.

I've also read criticism of him in the past. I haven't heard of any scholar in this day and age in which he doesn't have someone calling him a deviant or misguided. Doesn't matter if you are Salafi or Sufi, from one side, you will always have 'personal anecdotes' or 'out of context' statements that will seek to damage the reputation of a scholar. Does this mean each time these criticisms are invalid? No. Certainly, there are numerous 'scholars' who are misguided and deviants. I don't deny that.

From what I've learned from my teachers and scholars, do I agree with everything Shaykh Nuh says, no. But, he is still a great man in my eyes, as I have seen very very few men such as him, mashaAllah.

Without meeting a scholar in person and actually dealing with him, I would very very wary in this day and age to start a online campaign to 'warn against him.'

As for Suhaib Webb, I have also dealt with him from up close numerous times. With all due respect to Suhaib Webb, my respect for Shaykh Nuh is for his diligent following of the Sunnah of our Beloved Prophet :saw: and his steadfastness in that pursuit without letting modern day thought interfere. Suhaib Webb could learn from Shaykh Nuh, in that regard.
                  The Sahaba (radiAllahu anhum) used to cling to the Sunnah just because it was Sunnah

Comment

Originally posted by Medievalist View Post
                    mashaALLAH. Shaykh Nuh has been refuted by tayyiboon!!

btw, I didn't know SunniPath was run by Shaykh Nuh? When did this take over occur?

It's not.

Comment

I know, Hafiz Sahib. hence the question.

anyways: tayyiboon: where's the proof about the underwear for sale? I wanted that, the nuh.faithweb thing that you posted I coulda googled myself, which I assume is what you too did in yr freetime.
                      Rajab is a month of cultivation

Comment

Originally posted by Medievalist View Post
                        I know, Hafiz Sahib. hence the question.

anyways: tayyiboon: where's the proof about the underwear for sale? I wanted that, the nuh.faithweb thing that you posted I coulda googled myself, which I assume is what you too did in yr freetime.
                        subhanAllah.....

all those devious writings of his and you are having no problem with that.......

you have eyes but you cannot see......
                        you have a mind but cannot think...

you might well be another "slave" of the sheikhs.....

Comment

By saying I've seen him from close, I meant that I've heard him speak, seen his day to day actions, how he carries himself and deals with others. And this is not just a few times, but over a long period of time.
                          this is not about a single man but a "cult" growing from his teachings, its not something we should take lightly, when there are people (especially women) complaining about the way they are treated in that cult and others saying about their friends and what happened to them because of joining that group......no matter how nice one is infront of you and appears to be on the Sunnah, but what goes on behind and transforms the students/mureeds and becomes a cult......

and then look at his writings and they are not out of context, lets open our eyes to reality......this is dangerous for Muslims.....

Comment

Originally posted by tayyiboon View Post
                            this is not about a single man but a "cult" growing from his teachings, its not something we should take lightly, when there are people (especially women) complaining about the way they are treated in that cult and others saying about their friends and what happened to them because of joining that group......no matter how nice one is infront of you and appears to be on the Sunnah, but what goes on behind and transforms the students/mureeds and becomes a cult......

and then look at his writings and they are not out of context, lets open our eyes to reality......this is dangerous for Muslims.....

Why don't you go to Jordan and verify? Then come back and share your own findings.

I've been there and speak based on first hand knowldege. I also had read criticisms such as the ones you posted before I went (which I would say are unfounded). I have spoken to the other mureeds, visited their zawiya, and visited numerous people in this community you say is a cult.

So I speak on experience, not random google searches and hearsay by a couple of personal anecdotes.

Anyway, :salams

Comment

Anyway, :salams
                              وعليكم السلام ورحمة الله وبركاته

what I am surprised about is how can one ignore his devious writings though? are you telling me there is a valid explanation for everything he wrote???
                              Last edited by tayyiboon; 27-03-12, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X