X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dua Request

.....for me (again )

Depression kicking in again.

It's like a switch and if some of you have had it then maybe you know what I mean by that.

One minute I can be happy and in a total ALHAMDULILAH kind of mood, then suddenly a thought comes into my head and............BANG im rock bottom, emotional, thinking on and on about stuff unable to make a decision or move even.............and my day is ruined. Until I go to sleep and then inshaa Allah I wake up in a better mood.

So tonight I was due to attend a Lecture on "Islam and Science" but once again I'm just not "in the mood", so here I am at home, looking online for a lecture or something to gee me up, something to lift me, something to make me sit up and think "subhanallah!"

So duas please, but not just for me, but for all the Ummah.

Trust me, you may see a smile on someone and think they are happy, but underneath that smile they are in pain. I know many Brothers and Sisters like this and they all need our duas

:jkk: for putting up with me guys

Re: Dua Request

:salams sorry to hear that bro, depression is a particularly difficult trial to overcome, may may Allah grant u ease and send u good company amin.
    "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

Ameen

Comment

May ALLAH (SWT) make everything easy for you, Brother.

Ameen.
        'Nor say of anything,"I shall be sure to do so and so tomorrow" without adding, " if Allah (SWT) Wills" (18:23-24)

QuranExplorer.com, where you can Listen to the Holy Recitation and Translation online in Arabic and English : http://www.quranexplorer.com/quran/ :)

Comment

:wswrwb:

May Allah bring you out of this depression, Ameen

Good to see you around again Ibs, don't ever feel like you're making "another thread" because you are welcome to ask for duas whenever you like. You said that it's kicking in again, what made you feel better before? See if you can do the same thing now, see if it helps you again.
          It is narrated on the authority of Jabir that he heard the (Holy Prophet)[:saw:] say: A Muslim is he from whose hand and tongue the Muslims are safe.
          -Muslim

Comment

sometimes you have to force yourself to get out there and spend time with people even if it's the last thing you do because, chances are, you'll really benefit from company, feel better and be really glad that you went

it's a good thing that you have brothers around you to go to lectures with so take full advantage of that inshaAllah :)

ameen to the duas

Comment

Originally posted by Ibrahim70 View Post
              .....for me (again )

Depression kicking in again.

It's like a switch and if some of you have had it then maybe you know what I mean by that.

One minute I can be happy and in a total ALHAMDULILAH kind of mood, then suddenly a thought comes into my head and............BANG im rock bottom, emotional, thinking on and on about stuff unable to make a decision or move even.............and my day is ruined. Until I go to sleep and then inshaa Allah I wake up in a better mood.

So tonight I was due to attend a Lecture on "Islam and Science" but once again I'm just not "in the mood", so here I am at home, looking online for a lecture or something to gee me up, something to lift me, something to make me sit up and think "subhanallah!"

So duas please, but not just for me, but for all the Ummah.

Trust me, you may see a smile on someone and think they are happy, but underneath that smile they are in pain. I know many Brothers and Sisters like this and they all need our duas

:jkk: for putting up with me guys
              :salams
              May Allah make things easy for you.

You've made such great progress over the past year...all those lectures you've attended, even left that work environment.
              Get in touch via email if u need anything or evne by MSN Chat ( do people still even use that?? )
              Allah is always watching [VIDEO]

How To Weep For The Fear Of Allah

Please remember to share these links with people you know so they can also benefit from them. :jkk:

Comment

Assalamo alaikum,

It is important to remember that depression is an illness, it can affect anyone (I have heard some muslims saying that muslims cannot get depression) and even some scholars have suffered from it. There is a book "Depression from an Islamic Perspective" or something like that, I can't remember who authored it but it might be worth a while to check it out.

If you haven't already sought medical advice then do so, sometimes serotonin levels are low which causes low mood etc, in which case an anti depressant may be useful on a short term basis inshaAllah. But definately force yourself to go to things, esp lectures etc, to be under the shade of the angels wings will surely be of benefit, as will seeing others.

All the best brother.

Comment

Originally posted by Muslimah81 View Post

sometimes you have to force yourself to get out there and spend time with people even if it's the last thing you do because, chances are, you'll really benefit from company, feel better and be really glad that you went

it's a good thing that you have brothers around you to go to lectures with so take full advantage of that inshaAllah :)

ameen to the duas
                  ^
                  ​​Your du'aa... Always dear, always needed (Jazaa'akumullah Khair.)

Comment

Asalaam Alikum

I just signed onto the Forum after a number of years away and stumbled across this thread of mine.

I won't lie, I am not fully out of the water yet (9 years later) but Alhamdulilah I am in a much better place confidence and mental health wise.

Comment

I thought sisters are more prone to getting these type of mood swings but I guess I was wrong.

You should try to listen to Islamic-based podcasts on this matter. I'm sure you're not alone in this, I go through it ocassionally too. If it is helps, try taking wudhu everytime you feel that way?

Comment

Originally posted by nudgetheputri1 View Post
                        I thought sisters are more prone to getting these type of mood swings but I guess I was wrong.

You should try to listen to Islamic-based podcasts on this matter. I'm sure you're not alone in this, I go through it ocassionally too. If it is helps, try taking wudhu everytime you feel that way?
                        Nope, happens to us all sadly. Some say mental health in men is hidden because as men we dont want to be seen to be weak. Sad but true.

Jazakallahukhair for the suggestions. I do watch a lot of Islamic lectures online which help me during my workdays In Shaa Allah.

Comment

Originally posted by Ibrahim70 View Post

Nope, happens to us all sadly. Some say mental health in men is hidden because as men we dont want to be seen to be weak. Sad but true.

Jazakallahukhair for the suggestions. I do watch a lot of Islamic lectures online which help me during my workdays In Shaa Allah.
                          "Deenspiration" is a podcast channel I'd suggest to you, but it really depends. It's not niche towards either muslim men or women issues, which I find refreshing.

The speaker is based in UK just to let you know

Comment

Oh I just realized.. This is an old thread.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                            X