Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much was 1 Gold Dinar worth in the time of the Sahaba (ra) ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yassin'
    replied

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Re: How much was 1 Gold Dinar worth in the time of the Sahaba (ra) ?

1 gram is $55 today (it changes everyday). Times 4.25 is $234. So each dinar is $234 aprox. Multiplied by $100 you get $23,400.

This is all rough. I rounded up all values to the whole dollar amount (it was only a few cents off, anyway) and this value changes slightly everyday.

Leave a comment:

• Al_Ghurabaa
    replied
    Last edited by Al_Ghurabaa; 29-11-11, 02:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• How much was 1 Gold Dinar worth in the time of the Sahaba (ra) ?

Any mathematician in the house ?

Does anybody know how much 1 Gold Dinar was worth in the time of the Prophet (saw) and the Sahaba (ra) ?

I came across this...

According to Islamic law, the Islamic dinar is a coin of pure gold weighing 4.25 grams.
    'Auf bin Malik reported: "I came to the Prophet, Allah blessed him and granted him peace, during the battle of Tabuk while he was in a leather tent, and he said: 'Count six things before the last hour: my death, then the conquest of Jerusalem, then the pestilence that will overtake you like the disease of cattle, then the excess of wealth, so much that when a man shall be given a hundred dinars he shall remain dissatisfied, then revolution from which not a single house in Arabia shall be spared, then a treaty between you and the Westerners (Banu Asfar - the Romans), but they shall cheat you and march against you under 80 banners with 12000 soldiers under each banner. (Bukhari)
Working...
X