X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

are Muslims allowed to take pictures?

:salams:

heard we can, heard we can't. just want some clarification. :) :jkk:

Re: are Muslims allowed to take pictures?

:wswrwb:

There's a differnce of opinion. But, to be on the safe side, please do not take pictures of living things. :insha:
    Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
    - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Majority of scholars/people say that it is okay to take pictures of living things/humans ect ..as in digital photographs but you can't keep them in the house which would mean like just save them on-line so thats what i did end up doing....

Comment

↑Majority allow it or disallow it?
        Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
          :wswrwb:

There's a differnce of opinion. But, to be on the safe side, please do not take pictures of living things. :insha:
          I think what you mean is you can't take photos of living animals or humans. You can take pics of other living things like trees etc...
          'Nor say of anything,"I shall be sure to do so and so tomorrow" without adding, " if Allah (SWT) Wills" (18:23-24)

QuranExplorer.com, where you can Listen to the Holy Recitation and Translation online in Arabic and English : http://www.quranexplorer.com/quran/ :)

Comment

Yeah, living things with souls.

:jkk: though.

Comment

:jkk: for your quick replies :D why exactly can't you take photos of living things? is there a reason or is it simply not allowed...?

Comment

There are many hadiths on it:

Abdullaah ibn Mas'ood (may Allaah be pleased with him) reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "Those who will be most severely punished by Allaah on the Day of Resurrection will be the image-makers." (Reported by al-Bukhaari, see al-Fath, 10/382).

Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "Allaah, may He be exalted, says: 'Who does more wrong than the one who tries to create something like My creation? Let him create a grain of wheat or a kernel of corn.'" (Reported by al-Bukhaari, see Fath al-Baari, 10/385).

'Ali (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: "Shall I not send you on the same mission as the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) sent me? Do not leave any built-up tomb without levelling it, and do not leave any picture in any house without erasing it." (Reported by Muslim and al-Nisaa'i; this is the version narrated by al-Nisaa'i).

Ibn 'Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him and his father) reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "Every image-maker will be in the Fire, and for every image that he made a soul will be created for him, which will be punished in the Fire." Ibn 'Abbaas said: "If you must do that, make pictures of trees and other

Comment

There are many hadiths on it:

Abdullaah ibn Mas'ood (may Allaah be pleased with him) reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "Those who will be most severely punished by Allaah on the Day of Resurrection will be the image-makers." (Reported by al-Bukhaari, see al-Fath, 10/382).

Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "Allaah, may He be exalted, says: 'Who does more wrong than the one who tries to create something like My creation? Let him create a grain of wheat or a kernel of corn.'" (Reported by al-Bukhaari, see Fath al-Baari, 10/385).

'Ali (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: "Shall I not send you on the same mission as the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) sent me? Do not leave any built-up tomb without levelling it, and do not leave any picture in any house without erasing it." (Reported by Muslim and al-Nisaa'i; this is the version narrated by al-Nisaa'i).

Ibn 'Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him and his father) reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "Every image-maker will be in the Fire, and for every image that he made a soul will be created for him, which will be punished in the Fire." Ibn 'Abbaas said: "If you must do that, make pictures of trees and other
                  so i'm guessing this goes for artists too, as in people who paint and draw things? i'm an artist lol!

Comment

Yeah, more so for them.

Comment

Yeah, more so for them.
                      ok :jkk:

Comment

Originally posted by belle View Post
                        ok :jkk:
                        Can still be an artist without drawing living creatures.
                        A Fast Growing Islamic Search Website -

www.Searching-Islam.com

Comment

Originally posted by Perseveranze View Post
                          Can still be an artist without drawing living creatures.
                          yeah i know, guess i'll just have to be careful

Comment

I heard Muslims cannot draw living things or take pictures of living things, why is that?

Comment

Because number 1) Prophet Muhammad :saw: explicitly forbade us from doing so, and whatever he forbid us from doing, we don't do that. 2) Because creating living things w/ soul is only a right that Allah has, and no one should do so, even if it's on a paper or made out of rocks.

Comment

Working...
                              X