X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Muslim Woman Wins Nobel Peace Prize

She is Muslim, she is arab, she wears hijab, she organises sit-ins
    , she is militant :mujahida:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tawakul Karman, a Yemeni journalist and activist, is one of three women awarded the 2011 Nobel Peace Prize. She becomes the first Arab woman to win the prize.

The 32-year-old mother of three founded Women Journalists Without Chains in 2005.

She has been a prominent activist and advocate of human rights and freedom of expression for the last five years, and led regular protests and sit-ins calling for the release of political prisoners.

The Norwegian Nobel Committee cited Ms Karman and the two other winners for their "non-violent struggle for the safety of women and for women's rights to full participation in peace-building work".

The Nobel jury specifically lauded Ms Karman for playing, "in the most trying circumstances, both before and during the Arab Spring... a leading part in the struggle for women's rights and for democracy and peace in Yemen."

'So happy'

Ms Karman told the BBC Arabic Service: "I'm so happy with the news of this prize and I dedicate it to all the martyrs and wounded of the Arab Spring… in Tunisia, Egypt, Yemen, Libya and Syria and to all the free people who are fighting for their rights and freedoms.

"Actually I didn't know I was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize until now. I only knew about it through BBC Arabic and al-Jazeera, so thank you very much."
    In comments to the AFP news agency she said that the prize was "a recognition by the international community of the Yemeni revolution and its inevitable victory".

Ms Karman has led rallies in the continuing protests against the rule of President Ali-Abdullah Saleh.
    Speaking to the BBC in April 2011 in Change Square in Sanaa, the heart of the popular demonstrations against Mr Saleh, Ms Karman said she was astonished at the protests: "I could never imagine this. In Yemen, women are not allowed out of the house after 7pm, now they are sleeping here. This goes beyond the wildest dream I have ever dreamt, I am so proud of our women."

She is a member of Yemen's leading Islamist opposition party, the Islah - a conservative, religious movement that calls for reform in accordance with Islamic principles.

She has campaigned to raise the minimum age at which women can marry in Yemen.
    She has been jailed several times for her activism, pilloried in the official media and attacked. Unusually for a woman in Yemen, Ms Kamran wears a headscarf not a full face veil.

Re: Muslim Woman Wins Nobel Peace Prize

Democracy and women's right huh?

Comment

Originally posted by vicious L View Post
      Democracy and women's right huh?
      lol,

why else would they give her a Nobel prize,

I mean they aren't gonna give her one for struggling for Shariah to prevail over other Ba'atil Laws ...

:jkk:
      http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Originally posted by RazielTemp View Post
        lol,

why else would they give her a Nobel prize,

I mean they aren't gonna give her one for struggling for Shariah to prevail over other Ba'atil Laws ...

:jkk:
        Yeah, the kuffar will give any sellout a prize

Comment

Stopped reading when I saw democracy.
          "The organisation that is called as "the state" puts effort to destroy jihad in Sham as they destroyed it in Iraq because of their obvious transgressions against Quran and Sunnah." Abu Khalid as-Suri (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Lol, democracy and women's rights. Two things fundamentalists hate.

Comment

Originally posted by Comet View Post
              When they are pushing for democracy they are most likely pushing for some corrupt 2 bit democracy, by the way democracy is not the best form of Goverment in the world, go look up the cycle of democracy. All democracies eventually become dictatorships or a new radical form of goverment !

Woman rights, well, nothing wrong with Womans right, but what it means here is that they want woman to run around naked and dance at strip joints, which is of course a big no no.
              My service is to only the ummah.

Comment

I don't hate women's right just democracy because democracy means the majority rules and the majority of the people are fools and the wise are few, any wise person would hate democracy, because they know that they'll never win since the majority are the stupid, and it's the majority's vote that count

And also I don't support the western version of so called women's right, stripping women of their dignity and letting naive young girls dress and act like whores and say it's women's right

In Islam the Men care about the honor and dignity of their sisters, mothers, aunts, and wives, so thats why we don't like to see them dress like prostitutes and having no shame

But you westerners don't mind having your mothers, sisters, aunts, and wives' private parts hanging out for the public to look at

When I see a kafir walking with his wife or his daughter half naked in the streets everything hanging out wearing nothing but underwear legs and chest and everything out and it's her father or her husband that is walking besides her. This father or husband become disgusting in my sight, Its a pitiful scene indeed, I would have more respect for a cockroach than such A father or husband
                Last edited by vicious L; 08-10-11, 07:39 AM.

Comment

I don't hate women's right just democracy because democracy means the majority rules and the majority of the people are fools and the wise are few, any wise person would hate democracy, because they know that they'll never win since the majority are the stupid, and it's the majority's vote that count

And also I don't support the western version of so called women's right, stripping women of their dignity and letting naive young girls dress and act like whores and say it's women's right

In Islam the Men care about the honor and dignity of their sisters, mothers, aunts, and wives, so thats why we don't like to see them dress like prostitutes and having no shame

But you westerners don't mind having your mothers, sisters, aunts, and wives' private parts hanging out for the public to look at

When I see a kafir walking with his wife or daughter half naked in the streets everything hanging out wearing nothing but underwear legs and every out in the streets and it's her father or husband that is walking besides her. This cochroach father or husband become disgusting in my sight, Its a pitiful scene indeed

Because
                  So you believe men should control how women dress?

And I would much rather be a woman in the West than a woman in a Muslim country where they have to ask men for permission to do anything as if they're children.

Comment

And I would much rather be a woman in the West than a woman in a Muslim country where they have to ask men for permission to do anything as if they're children.
                    society, men and women together control indecency and make sure it doesn't get out of hand, according to the commands of God not man (or woman).

Comment

Fathers should teach their daughters to dress modestly

Brothers should encourage their sisters dress and act appropriately

Husbands should enjoin on their wives to dress with modesty and dignity

And sons should be ashamed to see their own mothers dressed like low life sluts with no dignity and tell their mothers to to please dress with dignity

Kafir men can't even do that, for their women to dress like sluts is normal for them, how the cochraoch have got more honor and dignity than them

The kafir man is saying "how can I tell my daughter not to dress like a slut? It's the norm here, in our kafir culture"
                      Last edited by vicious L; 08-10-11, 08:02 AM.

Comment

Islam itself gives women rights not a secular democratic society. My advice for brothers and sisters don't get into arguments because obviously people won't agree with Islam's perspective on women's rights.
                        "The organisation that is called as "the state" puts effort to destroy jihad in Sham as they destroyed it in Iraq because of their obvious transgressions against Quran and Sunnah." Abu Khalid as-Suri (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Fathers should teach their daughters to dress modestly

Brothers should encourage their sisters dress and act appropriately

Husbands should enjoin on their wives to dress with modesty and dignity

And sons should be ashamed to see their own mothers dressed like low life sluts with no dignity and tell their mothers to to please dress with dignity

Kafir men can't even do that, for their women to dress like sluts is normal for them, how the cochraoch have got more honor and dignity than them

The kafir man is saying "how can I tell my daughter not to dress like a slut? It's the norm here, in our kafir culture"

thats kind of a general speech there, do you mean all or some?

There are two kinds of pride, both good and bad. 'Good pride' represents our dignity and self-respect. 'Bad pride' is the deadly sin of superiority that reeks of conceit and arrogance.

Comment

Democracy does not mean all women will dress in a certain, for most women it is the right to vote, higher education, respect of basic human rights and equal rights for women as enjoyed by men there is not nothing wrong with campaigning for democracy. And its extremely patronising to claim that all women will dress provocatively if they get equal rights to men.
                            Last edited by Unregistered201; 08-10-11, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Actually Muslims hate one and only one thing - Shaitan.

Comment

Working...
                              X