X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hi,

Originally posted by .: Anna :. View Post
    hi hassan, i remember you. its a shame to hear you've still left islam but i hope you & your family are well though
    Hey Anna! How you doing? :) Hope you and your family are well. :)

Comment

we are fine alhamdulillah :)
      .: Rufaida :.
      .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
      http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
      “People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
      but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
      ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
      <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

Originally posted by hassanradwan View Post
        If I explain why I came to reject Islam it would mean a long drawn out debate going round in circles and frankly I'm getting tired of debates these days. Just popped in to say "Hi" and see if any old faces are still here. :)
        I have no interest in debating with you tbh, Allah guides who He wills. I already know from your posts on here that you've debated a lot on here.. I was just curious. But no worries.

Comment

Yes, there were some cracking debates in the past. I was looking for the one on Shari'ah Law and another called "Anger, Denial & Blame" but sadly it seems they are longer available to view.
          http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...he-Blame-Game&
          like the example of a rain whose [resulting] plant growth pleases the tillers; then it dries and you see it turned yellow; then it becomes [scattered] debris. And in the Hereafter is severe punishment and forgiveness from Allah and approval. And what is the worldly life except the enjoyment of delusion.
          [Al-Hadid, 20]

Comment

Originally posted by .: Anna :. View Post
            we are fine alhamdulillah :)
            Good to hear it Anna :)

Are any of the other old guard here?

Is Abu Mubarak still here? Chained Water? Sajid? Zee? and so many others I can't remember off hand.

Comment

That's not the thread. The thread was called "Anger, Denial and Blame" and was a very looooong thread and was a bit of a classic thread - but for some reason it seems to have been deleted.

Comment

Good to hear it Anna :)

Are any of the other old guard here?

Is Abu Mubarak still here? Chained Water? Sajid? Zee? and so many others I can't remember off hand.
                Abu Mubarak, Chained Water & Sajid are still pretty active here. I'm sure he'll be along in this topic b4 too long.
                Allah is always watching [VIDEO]

How To Weep For The Fear Of Allah

Please remember to share these links with people you know so they can also benefit from them. :jkk:

Comment

That's not the thread. The thread was called "Anger, Denial and Blame" and was a very looooong thread and was a bit of a classic thread - but for some reason it seems to have been deleted.
                  oh ok.
                  like the example of a rain whose [resulting] plant growth pleases the tillers; then it dries and you see it turned yellow; then it becomes [scattered] debris. And in the Hereafter is severe punishment and forgiveness from Allah and approval. And what is the worldly life except the enjoyment of delusion.
                  [Al-Hadid, 20]

Comment

Originally posted by Mikha’eel View Post
                    Abu Mubarak, Chained Water & Sajid are still pretty active here. I'm sure he'll be along in this topic b4 too long.
                    no, chained water doesnt post anymore? zee is still here though
                    .: Rufaida :.
                    .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
                    http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
                    “People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
                    but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
                    ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
                    <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

Oh no, not that school teacher again. :Z . Are you hear for the 911 anniversary?
                      suffer me

Comment

Originally posted by humanist
                        I do not recall ever being defeated in any debate on this forum. I've only had one debate anyway, with dhakkiya (which was hardly much of a debate because no normal person, let alone a woman, would take her position seriously), all she did was constantly repeat herself rather than actually deal with my points, and backtrack to as minimal a position as possible. The thread was closed before I could finish dealing with her.

And btw, I don't think someone like Richard Dawkins would be impressed by whatever you have to say about your superstitious beliefs, myself.
                        the debate is there for all to see in the lifestyle forum, you can see all the names he called me and all I did was say that women should have the right to choose to be stay at home mums, and be respected for that choice. While he, who claims to champion the rights of women, called me all sorts and even accused me of having stockholm syndrome, for wanting to be a stay at home mum. He also refused to believe me when I said that lots of women want to be stay at home mums, and refused to go on parenting forums to see that fact for himself. Yes I repeated myself over and over, but only because my point of view is so reasonable and mainstream that I could hardly believe he was rejecting it.

According to him, women who choose to stay at home rather than go back to work after having babies are traitors to the feminist cause and my views are a danger to society. This is despite the fact that the debate was started by a scientific study that showed women have twice the rate of depresson as men, due to the pressure of having to juggle raising kids with working. Apparently it's a danger to society to suggest that women should be respected for choosing to stay at home with the kids instead of returning to work. According to him, they should be viewed with contempt and derision and that it's waste of their lives, and so he refuses to listen to the voices of such women, as he considers them to have "stockholm syndrome" and not know whats best for themselves. And of course he, being a man, needs to tell us poor women what we *should* be wanting instead.

But don't take my word for it about what he said on the thread, it's closed, but it's still there for all to read. And you can see how wonderfully courteous and respectful he wasn't.

BTW humanist you're one of the rudest people I've ever met on this forum, and I can assure you that's saying something.

Comment

Okay... please search your heart and reconsider Islam. Read the MAS Abdul Haleem translation of the Qur'an. And ask Allah to guide you.

I do agree that Allah expects us to use reason, that's why the Qur'an stands the test of reason (in my opinion). I knew my criteria for what I would consider the word of Allah, long before I became Muslim, and the Qur'an met it (well I didn't realise it at first because I didn't look properly, but I realised it in the end, alhamdulillah)

Comment

Originally posted by dhakiyya View Post
                            Okay... please search your heart and reconsider Islam. Read the MAS Abdul Haleem translation of the Qur'an. And ask Allah to guide you.

I do agree that Allah expects us to use reason, that's why the Qur'an stands the test of reason (in my opinion). I knew my criteria for what I would consider the word of Allah, long before I became Muslim, and the Qur'an met it (well I didn't realise it at first because I didn't look properly, but I realised it in the end, alhamdulillah)
                            ;) شكرا أخي ولكنني لست بحاجة الى قراءة القرآن باللغة الإنجليزية

على فكرة عبد الحليم كان أستاذي في جامعة لندن في الثمانينات

Comment

;) شكرا أخي ولكنني لست بحاجة الى قراءة القرآن باللغة الإنجليزية

على فكرة عبد الحليم كان أستاذي في جامعة لندن في الثمانينات
                              Shes a woman, also may Allaah guide you

Comment

dhakiyya عفوا اختي

Comment

Working...
                                X