Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pir in islam

Salaam u alaikum

A very good friend of mine were having a discussion and he was arguing that believing in good "Pir" and to a limit is halal. Not the ones who ask for money etc. I would like to know if this is true. What are your opinions on this? Thank you

Re: Pir in islam

There's nowt wrong with Piri Piri sauce. Make sure you check the ingredients of the sauce do not go against the Quran and Sunnah. If they do then chuck it out with the garbage.

Comment

Do you mean beliveing that if they make duaa for you it's more likely to be accepted?

Comment

Please give me the reply for if I say yes and no lol

Comment

:salams
          Depends on what he is doing, I guess. Some do really crazy shirk-related stuff, using astrology/stars and things like that.

Dabba Peer.
          Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
          - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Originally posted by x--x View Post
            Do you mean beliveing that if they make duaa for you it's more likely to be accepted?
            Please give me thw reply for if I say yes and no lol

Comment

Pir or Wali-Ullah ... Wali means friend, so if they are true, they are friends of Allah.

about Hazrat Awais Qarni (Rhmt.Alh), Hazrat Muhammad (S.A.W.W) said,

"there is one man, if he swears to Allah about anything, Allah will make it true"

Hazrat Awais Qarni (Rhmt.Alh) was from Yemen. He could not see Hazrat Muhammad (S.A.W.W) because His mother was very ill and he could not leave her alone, and Hazrat Muhamamd (S.A.W.W) said that He could smell the scent of His friend.

Allah befriend those people who are unknown to everyone. Hazrat Muhammad (S.A.W.W) said about Him that no doubt no one known him in this world, but he is very famous in the skies.

Now there are some types of believe, in which sense one believe pir? If one thinks that pir is everything and seek from pir what we must seek from Allah, that is wrong. because Allah is ultimate Power. If you believe on pir that he is a noble man and it gives you motivation of becoming more strong in Eemaan, then it is ok.

I dont know much more about these things..... but i tried to tell you what i knew at my best. Allah knows everything.

Wsalam
              Tere Hoondyan Soondyan Wey Mehbooba
              Main Kafir Howan Jay Main Howan...

Comment

In pakistan , pirs are nothing but fake ... heck i even know a pir that doesnt pray cause he has some 'spritual superiority'

Comment

When you use the word He, are you saying there is only one of these people to ever exist? or can there be many of them? jazak'allah

Comment

pir is just a nonsense from the culture of the mushrikeen.
                    "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

Pir pressure.

It can get to people.
                      'Nor say of anything,"I shall be sure to do so and so tomorrow" without adding, " if Allah (SWT) Wills" (18:23-24)

QuranExplorer.com, where you can Listen to the Holy Recitation and Translation online in Arabic and English : http://www.quranexplorer.com/quran/ :)

Comment

Originally posted by h.k View Post
                        Salaam u alaikum

A very good friend of mine were having a discussion and he was arguing that believing in good "Pir" and to a limit is halal. Not the ones who ask for money etc. I would like to know if this is true. What are your opinions on this? Thank you
                        Wa'laykum Salam.
                        Please see this article for a balanced understanding of the issue:

http://drabutamim.blogspot.com/2011/07/need-for-shaykh.html
                        www.drabutamim.blogspot.com
                        www.shiningblades.blogspot.com

Comment

Depends , there are Genuine Awliyaa and Saaliheen and their are fake ones .

You will know them by a simple trait , that they never say I am Waliy .

Comment

Originally posted by h.k View Post
                            Salaam u alaikum

A very good friend of mine were having a discussion and he was arguing that believing in good "Pir" and to a limit is halal.
                            If the Pir is a Vulcan then he's ok, otherwise he isnae
                            Logic is the cement of our civilisation, with which we ascend from chaos, using reason and faith in Allah as our guide.

Comment

Originally posted by munnibhai View Post
                              Pir or Wali-Ullah ... Wali means friend, so if they are true, they are friends of Allah.

about Hazrat Awais Qarni (Rhmt.Alh), Hazrat Muhammad (S.A.W.W) said,

"there is one man, if he swears to Allah about anything, Allah will make it true"

Hazrat Awais Qarni (Rhmt.Alh) was from Yemen. He could not see Hazrat Muhammad (S.A.W.W) because His mother was very ill and he could not leave her alone, and Hazrat Muhamamd (S.A.W.W) said that He could smell the scent of His friend.

Allah befriend those people who are unknown to everyone. Hazrat Muhammad (S.A.W.W) said about Him that no doubt no one known him in this world, but he is very famous in the skies.

Now there are some types of believe, in which sense one believe pir? If one thinks that pir is everything and seek from pir what we must seek from Allah, that is wrong. because Allah is ultimate Power. If you believe on pir that he is a noble man and it gives you motivation of becoming more strong in Eemaan, then it is ok.

I dont know much more about these things..... but i tried to tell you what i knew at my best. Allah knows everything.

Wsalam
                              When you attribute something to the Messenger (saw) of Allah (swt) you better have sources to back it up.
                              "And remind, for indeed, the reminder benefits the believers"(51:55)

The Snake and Malik ibn Dinar http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOfrNtDw5Yc

Comment

Working...
                              X