People who dont pray sunnah prayers [very important]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People who dont pray sunnah prayers [very important]

salam to my brothers and sisters. i have heard many people do not pray sunnah prayers. why? what is the reason for that? can anyone please explain me in detail. i have a friend who lives in KSA he says people there also do not pray sunnah prayers and we should follow them because their ancestors were close to Prophet Muhammad S.A.W. they say it is not compulsory to pray sunnah prayers but according to hanafi madhab (not sure) it is important to pray sunnah prayers except for ghayr mua'kida sunnah prayer?

Re: People who dont pray sunnah prayers [very important]

:wswrwb:

Some Sunnahs are optional, some are mandatory (according to certain Madhabs).
    'Nor say of anything,"I shall be sure to do so and so tomorrow" without adding, " if Allah (SWT) Wills" (18:23-24)

QuranExplorer.com, where you can Listen to the Holy Recitation and Translation online in Arabic and English : http://www.quranexplorer.com/quran/ :)

Comment

Peace be Upon those who receive Guidance!

People who neglect their Sunnah/Nafl Salah, don't pray them, and use the excuse that they are not Fardh, are asking for destruction to come upon them.

On the Day of Judgement when Allah ta'ala looks into our Fardh Salah and finds it lacking, with deficiencies/mistakes etc, he will look into our Sunnah/Nafl Salaah to see if it can compensate for the Deficiencies in our Fardh Salah, and if that is non-existent then your asking for destruction.

Do not delude yourself and assume that you are praying your Fardh Salah without any Mistakes ... every one of us makes mistakes, and only an arrogant person would assume that all his Fardh Salah are perfect.

Abu Hurairah (ra) reports that the Prophet :saw: said: "The first thing that the people will be called to account for on the Day of Resurrection will be the prayers. Our Lord will say to the angels although He knows better: 'Look into the salah of my servant to see if he observed it perfectly or been negligent in it. So if he observed it perfectly it will be recorded to his credit, but if he had been negligent in it in any way, Allah would say: See if My servant has any supererogatory prayers. Then if he has any supererogatory prayers, Allah would say: Make up the deficiency in My servant's obligatory prayer with his supererogatory prayers.' Thereafter all his actions will be examined in like manner"

(Abu Dawud).

:jkk:
      http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

Ė Imam al-Shafiíi (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Originally posted by Peacenik View Post

Some Sunnahs are optional, some are mandatory (according to certain Madhabs).
        neither should be neglected, even the Nafl Salah shouldn't be neglected ...

the risk isn't worth it,

http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

Ė Imam al-Shafiíi (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Originally posted by RazielTemp View Post
          neither should be neglected, even the Nafl Salah shouldn't be neglected ...

the risk isn't worth it,

Brother, we shouldn't make optional into something compulsory. If you do it, fine; if not, there's no sin (in regards to Nafl).
          'Nor say of anything,"I shall be sure to do so and so tomorrow" without adding, " if Allah (SWT) Wills" (18:23-24)

QuranExplorer.com, where you can Listen to the Holy Recitation and Translation online in Arabic and English : http://www.quranexplorer.com/quran/ :)

Comment

sometimes i pray sunnahs and sometimes i dont, depending on the situation. they are not fardh and this deen was made to be easy.

thats the mercy of Allah on us.

ofcourse the sunnah is much better, but sometimes the situation makes it impossible to do them. some people are weak, or new.
            And the (faithful) slaves of the Most Gracious (All‚h) are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness, and when the foolish address them (with bad words) they reply back with mild words of gentleness. (25:63)

O You who believe! Shall I guide you to a trade that will save you from a painful torment? (10) That you believe in All‚h and His Messenger (Muhammad SAW),and that you strive hard and fight in the Cause of All‚h with your wealth and your lives, that will be better for you, if you but know! (11) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

JazakAllah khair for the duas but i would prefer duas for shahadah instead.

sponsor an orphan

Comment

Originally posted by Peacenik View Post
              Brother, we shouldn't make optional into something compulsory.
              Originally posted by uncle umar View Post
              sometimes i pray sunnahs and sometimes i dont, depending on the situation. they are not fardh and this deen was made to be easy.

thats the mercy of Allah on us.

ofcourse the sunnah is much better, but sometimes the situation makes it impossible to do them. some people are weak, or new.
              i get these replies which made me create this thread.

@Raziel sunnah prayers will be used to makeup for obligatory prayers no denying that. but the question is why some people do not pray them? and why some madhabs say its important like you must offer sunnah prayers.

Comment

i dont know about the daleel. it would be better to ask an aalim about that, and not laymen on an internet fourm.

sometimes the situation make it so that you have llimited time. if you are on the job, you cant spend half an hour making salah when you have a 15 min break.

sometimes you are traveling.

ect ect.

some people dont pray them because they are not yet ready for that. some people, like new muslims or those returning to the deen shouldent be pushed all that much to do the sunnah, when they are having difficulty in the fardh. later on, when they are established in eeman and deen then they can start the sunnahs and whatnot.

the sunnah is very important, and we should strive to follow it. however, we are weak and human. we waver and we have peaks and dips in our eeman. that is our nature. thus this deen was made easy so that everyone regardless of their level can follow it.

the prophet pbuh said do what is comfortable untill you meet you desired target i.e. jennah. so one shouldent overburden themself. i have heard from many brothers and experienced it myself, where you go all super sunnah and you just werent ready for it, and you burn out, and then you flatline totally. the deen isint supposed to be like that.
                And the (faithful) slaves of the Most Gracious (All‚h) are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness, and when the foolish address them (with bad words) they reply back with mild words of gentleness. (25:63)

O You who believe! Shall I guide you to a trade that will save you from a painful torment? (10) That you believe in All‚h and His Messenger (Muhammad SAW),and that you strive hard and fight in the Cause of All‚h with your wealth and your lives, that will be better for you, if you but know! (11) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

JazakAllah khair for the duas but i would prefer duas for shahadah instead.

sponsor an orphan

Comment

Originally posted by uncle umar View Post
                  i dont know about the daleel. it would be better to ask an aalim about that, and not laymen on an internet fourm.

sometimes the situation make it so that you have llimited time. if you are on the job, you cant spend half an hour making salah when you have a 15 min break.

sometimes you are traveling.

ect ect.

some people dont pray them because they are not yet ready for that. some people, like new muslims or those returning to the deen shouldent be pushed all that much to do the sunnah, when they are having difficulty in the fardh. later on, when they are established in eeman and deen then they can start the sunnahs and whatnot.

the sunnah is very important, and we should strive to follow it. however, we are weak and human. we waver and we have peaks and dips in our eeman. that is our nature. thus this deen was made easy so that everyone regardless of their level can follow it.

the prophet pbuh said do what is comfortable untill you meet you desired target i.e. jennah. so one shouldent overburden themself. i have heard from many brothers and experienced it myself, where you go all super sunnah and you just werent ready for it, and you burn out, and then you flatline totally. the deen isint supposed to be like that.
                  as i said my friend who lives in saudia arabia says people there do not offer sunnah prayer. and they are born muslims. a friend in UAE said some believe that sahaba focused and stressed on praying sunnahs after Prophet Muhammad S.A.W. and that He S.A.W did not tell us to pray sunnah like obligatory payers or something like that. may ALLAH forgive me if i am mistaken.

Comment

Cause they are optional :)
                    Al-Bukhaari (46) and Muslim (110) narrated that Talhah ibn ‘Ubayd-Allaah said: A man came to the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and when he drew close to him he asked him about Islam. The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Five prayers each day and night.” He said: “Do I have to do anything else?” He said: “No, not unless you do it voluntarily.” And the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “And fasting Ramadaan.” He said: “Do I have to do anything else?” He said: “No, not unless you do it voluntarily.” And the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) told him about zakaah. He said: “Do I have to do anything else?” He said: “No, not unless you do it voluntarily.” The man left, saying, “By Allaah, I will not do any more than this or any less.” The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “He will succeed, if he is speaking the truth.”

Al-Nawawi said: This is to be understood as meaning that he did not offer naafil prayers and he did not omit any of the obligatory prayers. Such a person will undoubtedly be successful, even though his persisting in not offering Sunnah prayers is something blameworthy for which his testimony is to be rejected. But he is not sinning thereby, rather he will be successful and will attain salvation. And Allaah knows best.
                    Sharh Muslim, 1/121
                    Though they are of great reward and we should strive to pray them :)

Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: “The first of his deeds for which a person will be brought to account on the Day of Resurrection will be his prayer. If it is sound then he will have succeeded but if it is not sound then he will be lost and doomed. If anything is lacking from his obligatory prayers, the Lord will say: ‘Look and see whether My slave has any voluntary (prayers),’ and the shortfall from his obligatory prayers will be made up from that. Then all his deeds will be dealt with in like manner.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 413; Abu Dawood, 864; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood.
                    Free Web Hosting Pakistan - BASE.PK
                    Hi Web.India - Free Web Hosting India

Comment

In Hanafi maddhab, repeatedly missing out on Sunnah Muakaddah prayers without a valid excuse is sinful.

As for your Saudi friends, he "says people there also do not pray sunnah prayers and we should follow them because their ancestors were close to Prophet Muhammad S.A.W. they say it is not compulsory to pray sunnah prayers."

This kind of contradicts the whole point of it being Sunnah, doesn't it? If they are really following Rasulullah :saw: then they would make sure they didn't miss the Sunnah.

Anyways, we shouldn't miss the Sunnah, at least not the emphasized (Muakaddah) 12 rakats of Sunnah every day, without a valid reason. Being lazy is not a good reason.

2 Before Fajr
                      4 (or 2) Before Dhur, 2 After Dhur
                      2 After Maghrib
                      2 After Isha'a
                      Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                      - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

may ALLAH forgive me if i am causing any fitnah!
                        it is stressed to pray sunnah prayers the example can be seen from the raka't pattern

fajar = 2 sunnah 2 fardh
                        dhuhar= 4 sunnah 4 fardh 2 sunnah
                        asr = 4 sunnah (GM) 4 fardh
                        maghrib= 3 fardh 2 sunnah
                        isha = 4 sunnah (GM) 4 fardh 2 sunnah 3 wajib
                        GM = ghayr mua'kida

i simply do not understand why some muslims do not pray sunnahs at all and why some muslims regard them as very very important? asked many people i even thought it is a sin if i leave any mua'kida sunnah ????

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
                          In Hanafi maddhab, repeatedly missing out on Sunnah Muakaddah prayers without a valid excuse is sinful.

As for your Saudi friends, he "says people there also do not pray sunnah prayers and we should follow them because their ancestors were close to Prophet Muhammad S.A.W. they say it is not compulsory to pray sunnah prayers."

This kind of contradicts the whole point of it being Sunnah, doesn't it? If they are really following Rasulullah :saw: then they would make sure they didn't miss the Sunnah.

Anyways, we shouldn't miss the Sunnah, at least not the emphasized (Muakaddah) 12 rakats of Sunnah every day, without a valid reason. Being lazy is not a good reason.

2 Before Fajr
                          4 (or 2) Before Dhur, 2 After Dhur
                          2 After Maghrib
                          2 After Isha'a
                          yes i have been told that. i just want to understand why for some it is normal not to pray sunnah and why for others it is sin to leave them?

Comment

Originally posted by MysticLegend View Post
                            yes i have been told that. i just want to understand why for some it is normal not to pray sunnah and why for others it is sin to leave them?
                            It's a diff. of opinion between maddhabs, sister. But, try to make an effort to pray them :insha:
                            Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                            - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

i am a brother!

Comment

Working...
                              X