Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do Muslims honestly think of the West?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do Muslims honestly think of the West?

I have been having a discussion on another part on the forum and feel upset and uncomfortable.
    So i wanna know what do Muslims honestly think of Europeans and the West(tbh don't really care about Americans)?

Re: What do Muslims honestly think of the West?

Nothing less then what we think of some of our own Muslim countries and their corrupt leaders.

But given recent times, I think Muslims that live in the west atleast feel provoked, due to Islamaphobia, groups like EDL/BNP don't help and when the Niqaab is banned, you think what's next, "their going to put camera's in mosques"? Then you have Geert Wilders, who is basically telling people to ban the Quran and other politicians who say ban the Mosques lol...

People living in the Muslim countries, now they probably dislike the west for reasons such as;

Afghanistan invasion
    Iraq invasion
    Pakistan drone bombing
    Yemen Drone Bombing
    Russian oppression on Chechnyan's
    Isreal's oppression on Palastine (and the west pretty much supporting Isreal).
    etc.

But like, No one hates the west for no reason. At the very least, in the west Muslims are able to practice the very basics of their faiths, which is more then what can be said for some middle eastern countries/China, where people can't even do that.

Westerners think Muslims are trying to take over (lol i know), and because of this thought, Muslims are facing alot of bigotry, discrimination. Times look tough ahead if I'm honest.

One thing is fact atleast; far more westerners hate Muslims for stupid reasons than the other way around.
    Last edited by Perseveranze; 25-07-11, 04:17 PM.
    A Fast Growing Islamic Search Website -

www.Searching-Islam.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bevvie View Post
      I have been having a discussion on another part on the forum and feel upset and uncomfortable.
      So i wanna know what do Muslims honestly think of Europeans and the West(tbh don't really care about Americans)?
      I think you make a good fileto fish burgers, but subway sandwiches are crap. So yeh that's what I think of the West.

Comment

What do you feel upset about?

www.Searching-Islam.com

Comment

Originally posted by Perseveranze View Post
          What do you feel upset about?
          Its just the discussion was making out that we (I speak mainly for Ireland) hate muslims and want to destroy Islam.
          Like I understand the annoyance with the bombings, Iraq etc.
          But we aren't all bad, we don't all hate Islam, we don't all support Israel(actually every year more and more are turning out at protests in support of Palestine) and believe it or not most were against Iraq and afghanistan.
          We're not all evil white zionist kuffar devils hell bent on imposing christianity or whatever.
          I just feel so down that we are seen like that, and it makes me wonder what would be the point of converting if all i'd be is hated along with family and friends.

Comment

Its just the discussion was making out that we (I speak mainly for Ireland) hate muslims and want to destroy Islam.
            Like I understand the annoyance with the bombings, Iraq etc.
            But we aren't all bad, we don't all hate Islam, we don't all support Israel(actually every year more and more are turning out at protests in support of Palestine) and believe it or not most were against Iraq and afghanistan.
            We're not all evil white zionist kuffar devils hell bent on imposing christianity or whatever.
            I just feel so down that we are seen like that, and it makes me wonder what would be the point of converting if all i'd be is hated along with family and friends.
            I think your very misunderstood. Firstly, I don't get why you have to throw in the word "white"? In Islam, there's no such thing as race, today were living in the first generation of white converts but a couple of decades from today, white Muslims will be just as populated as brown, black, arab Muslims are. Islam started in Arabia, now 80% of Muslims are Non-Arabs.

Secondly, if you look at the example of the Niqaab ban, it means there must've been some social pressure, meaning a good majority of the people must've been "for the banning of Niqaab". The french prime minister even discriminated against the Muslims saying "it supresses women", when the fact is it liberates them. I'm sure he must've had quite a suprise to see nearly all of the protesters against the Niqaab ban to be Muslim women.

Then you have these hate groups, like EDL/BNP which are growing in power, and you have Geert Wilders who keeps speaking about banning Quran/Mosques. I mean, they might be minority but their most certainly influencing people's opinions on Islam.

And what about the Media? What a huge role that's played in giving people negative perceptions on Islam. You know the Norway shooter, before it was known that he was a white Christian right wing extremists, most news reporters were concluding that it was a Muslim who did it. Read this - http://www.loonwatch.com/2011/07/the...erm-terrorism/

These examples are right in front of your eyes. I think the minority of people have no issues with Islam, and the Majority will say they do. That's just my opinion based on what I read and hear.

And were speaking generally here, not all westerners are labelled anti-Islamic. And some, who only get their info from the media, you can't really blame them can you? But in so many different articles and reports it's so clearly stated, the fastest growing religion in Europe is Islam and ironically enough, most misunderstood religion in Europe is Islam.

At the very least, try and put yourself in a Muslims shoes. Do you really think we've had it easy?
            Last edited by Perseveranze; 25-07-11, 05:02 PM.

www.Searching-Islam.com

Comment

Originally posted by Perseveranze View Post
              I think your very misunderstood. Firstly, I don't get why you have to throw in the word "white"? In Islam, there's no such thing as race, today were living in the first generation of white converts but a couple of decades from today, white Muslims will be just as populated as brown, black, arab Muslims are. Islam started in Arabia, now 80% of Muslims are Non-Arabs.

Secondly, if you look at the example of the Niqaab ban, it means there must've been some social pressure, meaning a good majority of the people must've been "for the banning of Niqaab". The french prime minister even discriminated against the Muslims saying "it supresses women", when the fact is it liberates them. I'm sure he must've had quite a suprise to see nearly all of the protesters against the Niqaab ban to be Muslim women.

Then you have these hate groups, like EDL/BNP which are growing in power, and you have Geert Wilders who keeps speaking about banning Quran/Mosques. I mean, they might be minority but their most certainly influencing people's opinions on Islam.

And what about the Media? What a huge role that's played in giving people negative perceptions on Islam. You know the Norway shooter, before it was known that he was a white Christian right wing extremists, most news reporters were concluding that it was a Muslim who did it. Read this - http://www.loonwatch.com/2011/07/the...erm-terrorism/

These examples are right in front of your eyes. I think the minority of people have no issues with Islam, and the Majority will say they do. That's just my opinion based on what I read and hear.

And were speaking generally here, not all westerners are labelled anti-Islamic. And some, who only get their info from the media, you can't really blame them can you? But in so many different articles and reports it's so clearly stated, the fastest growing religion in Europe is Islam and ironically enough, most misunderstood religion in Europe is Islam.

At the very least, try and put yourself in a Muslims shoes. Do you really think we've had it easy?
              Firstly I'll retract the white statement. I apologise if I offended.
              I don't think ye've had it easy at all, far from it. More like a struggle.
              It makes me laugh, The police are rushing after muslim terrorists and not bothered at all by the far-right movements?
              A glaring double standard.
              I also don't see why the niqaab was banned as it wasn't being forced on non-muslims and those who wear it are doing it because they want to.

Comment

Originally posted by islam4u View Post
                I think you make a good fileto fish burgers, but subway sandwiches are crap. So yeh that's what I think of the West.
                Personally, I really miss the Philly Cheese Steak sandwiches.

I grew up in the west, though I've come back to live in my native country Bangladesh now. I've got many good friends, Muslim and non-Muslim, in the UK and the US.

I personally believe that the people of the west in general are misinformed and misguided in many ways in regards to Islam and us Muslims. 'Antagonized' is the word I would use. I've noticed that Muslim sentiment in Bangladesh - and there's a lot of us here - in regards to the west is heightened mainly because western countries are targeting Muslim countries. At the same time, the plight of Palestine continues to jangle the nerves here. Right now, I think we're living in a paranoid world. The people in the west are being force fed paranoia by the media. And the Muslims are paranoid about who America and the rest of the "keepers of the peace' are going to bomb next in order to 'liberate' them.

Comment

Need to make hijrah, ASAP.
                  Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                  - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
                    Need to make hijrah, ASAP.
                    ji maulana saab , jaisay aap ka hukum

Comment

Originally posted by noobz View Post
                      Too much fitnah here and Islamophobia.
                      Astaghfirullah.
                      Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."

Comment

wow i actuallly understood most of that.
                        And the (faithful) slaves of the Most Gracious (All‚h) are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness, and when the foolish address them (with bad words) they reply back with mild words of gentleness. (25:63)

O You who believe! Shall I guide you to a trade that will save you from a painful torment? (10) That you believe in All‚h and His Messenger (Muhammad SAW),and that you strive hard and fight in the Cause of All‚h with your wealth and your lives, that will be better for you, if you but know! (11) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

JazakAllah khair for the duas but i would prefer duas for shahadah instead.

sponsor an orphan

Comment

What do i think of the west? ...

well tbh , i also blame the sheeple that blindly follow their leaders. What happened in bosnia? .. They were all loving people , muslims and non muslims. Then bullasovic came and started singing national songs and how they own the whole country and how muslims and this and that and all the sheeple believed him.

What happened? .. A GENOCIDE and the people were part of it.

So what do u think the muslims would think of the west that uses drones to bomb kids studying in schools and claim there were 'SUSPECTED' terrorists in it?

Comment

Originally posted by uncle umar View Post
                            :masha: I think you're ready for the hijrah now, akhi. :D

What do i think of the west? ...

well tbh , i also blame the sheeple that blindly follow their leaders. What happened in bosnia? .. They were all loving people , muslims and non muslims. Then bullasovic came and started singing national songs and how they own the whole country and how muslims and this and that and all the sheeple believed him.

So what do u think the muslims would think of the west that uses drones to bomb kids studying in schools and claim there were 'SUSPECTED' terrorists in it?
                            They're bombing cause our "Muslim" government allow them to bomb. Shame.

Comment

Originally posted by uncle umar View Post
                              you've really converted now

Comment

Working...
                              X