Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunnah rakats

Salam alaikum

The following has been brought to my attention...

A person who leaves out the Sunan-e-Muakkadah Salaah out of carelessness, or habitually leaves them out, is considered a Faasiq (open transgressor). The following ruling is written in Tahtaawi, "A person who leaves out Sunan-e-Muakkadah is a Faasiq, a person who denies it is an innovator, and it is stated in Talweeh that leaving it out is close to Haraam.(Malfoozhaat Faqeehul Ummat, Vol. 1, Part 4, Pg. 16)

Can anyone shed any light on this? Is it sinful to miss sunnah prayers?

:jkk:

Re: Sunnah rakats

:wswrwb:

Sunnah Muakkadah are emphasied Sunnah which Prophet :saw: never used to miss.

A person only becomes sinful when he deliberately leaves out the
    Sunnat-e-Muakkadah continuously. If due to unavoidable circumstances he
    omits them once in a while, then he will not be regarded as sinful. (Shaami
    vol.2 pg.451; Multan). The four Sunnats before Jummu'ah Salaat and the four
    and two Sunnats after the Jummu'ah Salaat are Sunnat-e-Muakkadah.

AskImam

Seems like you've heard right.

Wallahu Alam.
    Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
    - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

this is the first i heard of this....:S

Comment

Sister, it's not that much, if you really think about it.

2 Before Fajr.

4 Before Dhur and 2 After Dhur

2 After Maghrib

2 After Isha before Witr.

And then...

Rasulullah (:saw:) said, "Whoever performs 12 Rakaats of Salaat in one day excluding the Fardh Salaat, he will be granted a house in Jannah."
        (Sahih Muslim - Hadith 1691)

It'll be worth it, sister. :insha: :up:
        Last edited by .mirror.; 04-07-11, 12:43 AM.
        Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."

Comment

Wa'alaykum as-salaam,

Originally posted by Muslimah81 View Post
          this is the first i heard of this....:S
          You probably don't follow the Hanafi madhab.
          Ya Muqallib al-Quloob, thabbit qalbi 'alaa Deenik
          O' Converter of Hearts, make my heart steadfast upon Thy Way
          We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Comment

oh i have no problem with performing sunnah rakats i just had no idea that it was a sin to miss them consistently!

learn something new everyday! alhamdulillah!

Comment

OK. Alhamdulillah. That's good, then.

:insha: You won't be held accountable for it, since you weren't aware of it. Or you can ask for forgiveness from Allah

Wallahu Alam.

May Allah give us tawfeeq to increase our worship of Him and forgive us for our shortcomings that we have done intentionally and unintentionally.

Comment

ameen

Comment

Originally posted by Safiya View Post
                  Wa'alaykum as-salaam,

You probably don't follow the Hanafi madhab.
                  Actually, I have heard that there is no differences in all 4 madhahib when it comes to sunnah. Differences are in masaail and fiqh not in sunnah
                  لا أريد مِنْكُمْ جَزَاء وَلا شُكُورًا

Comment

i thought it was 2 before and 2 after the zuhur

Comment

Originally posted by truepath View Post
                      Actually, I have heard that there is no differences in all 4 madhahib when it comes to sunnah. Differences are in masaail and fiqh not in sunnah
                      I thought there was a difference of opinion in regards to whether leaving out Sunnah muakkadah is viewed as "sinful", as the Sis was asking about this specifically? Especially considering the quote says "habitually", I believe this is the Hanafi opinion... =/
                      We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Comment

Originally posted by noobz View Post
                        i thought it was 2 before and 2 after the zuhur
                        I believe its four before.

Comment

Originally posted by Safiya View Post
                          I believe its four before.
                          im quite sure it was 2 .... and im quite sure Muhammad(sws) never prayed 4 rakaat sunnah together.

Comment

Originally posted by noobz View Post
                            im quite sure it was 2 .... and im quite sure Muhammad(sws) never prayed 4 rakaat sunnah together.
                            Not in the Hanafi madhab... maybe Shafi'i? I don't really know about other madhaaib.

Comment

there is a differnce of narrations on the issue of 2 or 4 before zuhr.

its not an issue that should divide us.
                              And the (faithful) slaves of the Most Gracious (All‚h) are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness, and when the foolish address them (with bad words) they reply back with mild words of gentleness. (25:63)

O You who believe! Shall I guide you to a trade that will save you from a painful torment? (10) That you believe in All‚h and His Messenger (Muhammad SAW),and that you strive hard and fight in the Cause of All‚h with your wealth and your lives, that will be better for you, if you but know! (11) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

JazakAllah khair for the duas but i would prefer duas for shahadah instead.

sponsor an orphan

Comment

Working...
                              X