Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reciting Surahs during Salah

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Reciting Surahs during Salah

    :start:

    :salams

    I know that reciting backwards of the Holy Quran is forbidden during Salah. Also that we should recite the Holy Quran in order of the chapters.

    This 'order' part has me a bit confused since we are allowed to skip some chapters right? Say for example you can recite Surat Al-Kafirun and then in 2nd Rakat recite Surat Al-Ikhlas meaning that you skipped 2 chapters, so will this still be in order of chapters?

    Maybe I'm being a bit too cautious lol because I'm almost 100% sure that you can do this and I've read that a companion (RadiAllahu Anhu) read the above 2 Surahs during Salah and the Messenger (peace be upon him) said good things about this person because of this. Can someone put my mind at ease with this!?
    Last edited by Ahmed<--me!; 05-04-11, 04:40 PM.
    Please include me in your Dua.

    #2
    Re: Reciting Surahs during Salah

    :wswrwb:

    to be honest brother, i know it would be not good for ones salah to not recite surah following order in quran but thats about it. im not sure about forbidden which the mean the same as haram n sinful. wallahu'alam. probably someone knowledgeable can put some lights on this, for me as well

    Comment


      #3
      Re: Reciting Surahs during Salah

      Originally posted by Ahmed<--me! View Post
      :start:

      :salams

      I know that reciting backwards of the Holy Quran is forbidden during Salah. Also that we should recite the Holy Quran in order of the chapters.
      Its not forbidden, but recommanded to maintain the serial. like:
      - reciting from the early chapters and then later chapters
      - reciting more verses in first rakah and shorting the 2nd rakah i.e. recitng less verses than first rakah.
      Originally posted by Ahmed<--me! View Post
      This 'order' part has me a bit confused since we are allowed to skip some chapters right? Say for example you can recite Surat Al-Kafirun and then in 2nd Rakat recite Surat Al-Ikhlas meaning that you skipped 2 chapters, so will this still be in order of chapters?
      you can recite from sura bakara and 2nd rakah sura naas. It isnt problem. but not recite surah Naas at first rakah and then recite verses from Surah Baqarah.
      Originally posted by Ahmed<--me! View Post
      Maybe I'm being a bit too cautious lol because I'm almost 100% sure that you can do this and I've read that a companion (RadiAllahu Anhu) read the above 2 Surahs during Salah and the Messenger (peace be upon him) said good things about this person because of this. Can someone put my mind at ease with this!?
      The surah“s itself has virtues and it was sunnah of prophet(sw) to recite Surah Kafirun and Surah Ikhlas in the sunnah of fajr salah and according to a weak narration it was same in 2 rakah sunnah of after maghrib.
      Last edited by junaid123; 05-04-11, 05:22 PM.
      Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) is also reported to have said: “He who is very hasty and so bold as to pass verdicts is also bold in taking the path towards hell

      Comment


        #4
        Re: Reciting Surahs during Salah

        Originally posted by junaid123 View Post
        Its not forbidden, but recommanded to maintain the serial. like:
        - reciting from the early chapters and then later chapters
        - reciting more verses in first rakah and shorting the 2nd rakah i.e. recitng less verses than first rakah.
        you can recite from sura bakara and 2nd rakah sura naas. It isnt problem. but not recite surah Naas at first rakah and then recite verses from Surah Baqarah.
        JZK for that, Brother; and how has this ruling come about ? - do you have any references in the Hadiths or Sunnah ?
        'Nor say of anything,"I shall be sure to do so and so tomorrow" without adding, " if Allah (SWT) Wills" (18:23-24)

        QuranExplorer.com, where you can Listen to the Holy Recitation and Translation online in Arabic and English : http://www.quranexplorer.com/quran/ :)

        Comment


          #5
          Re: Reciting Surahs during Salah

          Originally posted by Peacenik View Post
          JZK for that, Brother; and how has this ruling come about ? - do you have any references in the Hadiths or Sunnah ?
          Cant tell the big details but basic rules are mentioned here:

          http://www.askimam.org/fatwa/fatwa.p...bc585fe95bf60d

          In the book of imam nawawi(rh) etiquette of Quran you may find some details.

          http://kitaabun.com/shopping3/produc...roducts_id=988
          Last edited by junaid123; 05-04-11, 05:28 PM.
          Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) is also reported to have said: “He who is very hasty and so bold as to pass verdicts is also bold in taking the path towards hell

          Comment


            #6
            Re: Reciting Surahs during Salah

            Jazakallah for the answers.

            I have found an answer to this question from Islamqa. Link is here: http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/50781...AD%D9%85%D8%AF

            Some info from the above link:

            Al-Nawawi (may Allaah have mercy on him) said in al-Tibyaan:

            The scholars (may Allaah have mercy on them) said: The best is to read it in the order in which it appears in the Mus-haf, so he should read al-Faatihah, then al-Baqarah, then Aal ‘Imraan, then al-Nisa’, until he ends with Qul a’oodhu bi Rabbi l-naas (Sooratal-Naas), whether he is reciting it in prayer or otherwise. It is also mustahabb, if he recites one soorah, to recite after it the soorah that comes after it. So if he recites Qul a’oodhu bi Rabbi l-naas (Sooratal-Naas) in the first rak’ah, he should recite from al-Baqarah in the second.

            The evidence for that is that the order of soorahs given in the Mus-haf is for a reason, so that order should be followed, except in cases where it is narrated that there is an exception, such as in Fajr prayer on Friday, when Alif-Laam-Meem Tanzeel (Soorat al-Sajdah) is recited in the first rak’ah and Hal ata (Soorat al-Insaan) in the second, and the Eid prayers when Soorat Qaaf and Soorat al-Qamar may be recited.

            If he recites them in a different order and recites one soorah then recites a soorah that comes before it, or he recites a soorah that does not come straight after it, that is permissible, even if he is not doing what is best. As for reciting a soorah from the end to the beginning, there is no dispute that this is not allowed and is blameworthy, because it is a distortion that detracts from the linguistic miracle of the Qur’aan and goes against the wisdom behind the order in which the verses appear.
            Please include me in your Dua.

            Comment


              #7
              Re: Reciting Surahs during Salah

              Originally posted by junaid123 View Post
              Cant tell the big details but basic rules are mentioned here:

              http://www.askimam.org/fatwa/fatwa.p...bc585fe95bf60d

              In the book of imam nawawi(rh) etiquette of Quran you may find some details.

              http://kitaabun.com/shopping3/produc...roducts_id=988
              JZK, Bro.
              'Nor say of anything,"I shall be sure to do so and so tomorrow" without adding, " if Allah (SWT) Wills" (18:23-24)

              QuranExplorer.com, where you can Listen to the Holy Recitation and Translation online in Arabic and English : http://www.quranexplorer.com/quran/ :)

              Comment


                #8
                Re: Reciting Surahs during Salah

                Originally posted by Peacenik View Post
                JZK, Bro.
                Lol hold on I just realised my post above about the links was for reciting the Holy Quran outside of Salah. I would think the same would apply to reciting in Salah though so should be fine inshaAllah.
                Please include me in your Dua.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Re: Reciting Surahs during Salah

                  :wswrwb:

                  Reciting Qur'aan backwards [i.e Surah an-Naas in first rak'ah and Surah Falaq in 2nd rak'ah] is Makrooh [disliked]. One should strive to recite them in order.

                  Yes we can skip the Surahs in between, for example one recites Surah Baqarah in 1st rak'ah but then skips Surah Aali 'Imraan and recites Surah an-Nisaa.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Re: Reciting Surahs during Salah

                    Originally posted by IbnulQayyim View Post
                    :wswrwb:

                    Reciting Qur'aan backwards [i.e Surah an-Naas in first rak'ah and Surah Falaq in 2nd rak'ah] is Makrooh [disliked]. One should strive to recite them in order.

                    Yes we can skip the Surahs in between, for example one recites Surah Baqarah in 1st rak'ah but then skips Surah Aali 'Imraan and recites Surah an-Nisaa.
                    Why's that?
                    I recite from all over. I don't even know the order of many Surahs. =/
                    Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

                    "A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                    - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Re: Reciting Surahs during Salah

                      Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
                      Why's that?
                      I recite from all over. I don't even know the order of many Surahs. =/
                      read the post number 6
                      Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) is also reported to have said: “He who is very hasty and so bold as to pass verdicts is also bold in taking the path towards hell

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Re: Reciting Surahs during Salah

                        Hmmm...OK.

                        :jkk:
                        Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

                        "A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                        - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X