• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The hoors of jannah the paradise

Re: The hoors of jannah the paradise

Wow!

Okay, one question:

‘The smallest reward for the people of paradise is an abode where there are 80,000 servants and 72 wives (houris), over which stands a dome decorated with pearls, aquamarine, and ruby, as wide as the distance from Al-Jabiyyah [a Damascus suburb] to Sana’a [Yemen]’.”
    Will each of these 80,000 servants and 72 wives also have an abode with 80,000 servants and 72 wives? And will each of these 80,000 servants...? You get the idea.

Oh, and by the way, you might try offering your daughter the video game. She may surprise you.

Comment

Originally posted by Bridget View Post
      Wow!

Okay, one question:

Will each of these 80,000 servants and 72 wives also have an abode with 80,000 servants and 72 wives? And will each of these 80,000 servants...? You get the idea.
      Hur al ayn aren't women of this world from the children of Adam. They are a seperate creation specificially created as a reward for the men in Paradise.

The women of this world will be more beautiful and of higher status than the hur al ayn.

Comment

I thought only martyrs get 72 houris?
        Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
        - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

to be honest I find this very explicit, I have not really come to a conclusion of how I feel about this. I do not know how to think of this in a good way.

And also, I have read that houris are female and male, but in the Qur'an and hadith it is only female ... why is that males get so much reward?

The Prophet (saw) said, Verily, the knots of Islam will be undone one by one. Whenever one knot is lost, then the people grabbed onto the one which came after it. The first of these knots will be ruling and the last will be the salah.[1]deen Imama/Khalifah is the succession from the Prophet in the establishment of the laws of the . So without the Imam the laws lie unapplied and the territory is not protected effectively. The hadith indicates that it is the uppermost knot that keeps the subsequent knots safe from being untied. This is since it is the ruler that is responsible to apply Islam in its entirety, to implement the limits proscribed by Allah and to protect the society. Imam Ahmed mentioned without an Imam (for the Muslims as their leader) there would be fitna, and the destruction of the symbols of Islam ending with the Prayer is a great fitna.[2][1] Tabarani, Musnad Ahmad and Al Hakim in his Al Mustadrak
          [2] Ibid. pg. 46

Comment

Originally posted by adri View Post
            to be honest I find this very explicit, I have not really come to a conclusion of how I feel about this. I do not know how to think of this in a good way.

And also, I have read that houris are female and male, but in the Qur'an and hadith it is only female ... why is that males get so much reward?
            Maybe, because you're a woman that's why you find it explicit.
            You probably don't know how men's mind works, but maybe this is something that will compel men to perform those extra good deeds just so they can reach jannah.

Men want women, that's the reality of it. And, Allah described the most beautiful women, something we can't possibly imagine, but we all hope to attain.

And...

When you get time, please read these...

Sister, first of all, we’d like to say that we are impressed by your question, which emanates from a thoughtful heart. May Allah Almighty help us all adhere to the principles of this true religion, Islam, and enable us to be among the dwellers of Paradise in the Hereafter, Ameen!

As regards your question, it should be clear that Paradise is the abode of happiness; all its dwellers, males or females, will be showered with Allah’s blessings and favors. There is no discrimination in this regard between men and women. It is righteousness and good deeds that elevates one’s rank in Jannah and exalts his/her position. In more than one Qur'anic verse, Allah, Most High, calls upon His servants to do their utmost in order to be favored with Paradise. For example, He says, (And vie one with another for forgiveness from your Lord, and for a Paradise as wide as are the heavens and the earth, prepared for those who ward off (evil). ) (Aal `Imran 3: 133)

In this context, Dr. Muzammil H. Siddiqi, former President of the Islamic Society of North America, states:

Jannah or Paradise is not for men alone. It is prepared for both, righteous men and righteous women. All the joys and blessings of Jannah are for both of them. Allah has mentioned in the Qur’an that He put both Adam and his wife Hawwa’ (Eve) in Jannah after creating them, and He told them to eat and enjoy everything (except the fruit of one tree). [See al-Baqarah 2: 35; al-A`raf 7: 19] Thus, all the trees, gardens and rivers of Jannah are made for both men and women and they both will enjoy them.

All Believers, males and females, will enter the Jannah. Allah says, ( Gardens of perpetual bliss: they shall enter there, as well as the righteous among their fathers, their spouses, and their offspring) (ar-Ra`d 13: 23)

Further, Allah says, (Indeed, the people of Paradise will be happily occupied. They and their wives shall be in shades, reclining on raised couches. There are for them fruits and there is for them all that they ask for…) (Ya-Sin 36: 55-57)

In the Hereafter Allah will say to the Believers, (Enter the Garden, you and your wives, you will be made glad. There will be brought round for them trays of gold and goblets, and therein is all that the souls desire and eyes find sweet and you will stay there forever. This is the garden, which you are made to inherit because of what you used to do. Therein for you is fruit in plenty whence to eat. ) (Az-Zukhruf 43: 70-73)

There are many other places in the Qur’an where it is mentioned that men and women both will find their reward and none will be deprived. [See: Aal `Imran 3: 195; An-Nisa’, 4: 124; An-Nahl 16: 97; Al-Ahzab 33: 35; Ghafir 40: 40]

The life of women in Jannah will be as pleasant and happy as the life of men. Allah is not partial to any gender. He created both of them and He will take care of both of them according to their needs and desires. Let us all work to achieve the Jannah and then, in sha’ Allah, we will find there what will satisfy all of us fully.

This verse clearly denotes that those women who do righteous deeds are rewarded with Paradise and given a high rank that is equal to the good deeds they have offered.
            Shedding more light on this issue, we'd like to cite the following fatwa issued by the outstanding Muslim scholar, Sheikh ibn Jibreen:

There is no doubt that reward in the Hereafter encompasses both men and women. This is based on the following Qur'anic verses:

( Lo! I suffer not the work of any worker, male or female, to be lost) (Al `Imran 3: 195)

(Whosoever works righteousness, whether male or female, while he (or she) is a true believer, We will give a good life. ) (An-Nahl 16: 97)

(And whoever does righteous good deeds, being a male or a female, and is a true believer, such will enter Paradise. ) (An-Nisa 4: 124)

(Verily, the Muslims, men and women, the believers, men and women... Allah has prepared for them forgiveness and a great reward. ) (Al-Ahzab 33: 35)

Allah mentions them entering into Paradise together, saying:

(They and their wives will be in pleasant shade. ) (Ya Sin 36: 56)

(Enter Paradise, you and your wives, in happiness. ) (Az-Zukhruf 43: 70)

Allah also mentions that He will recreate women in Paradise in the following verse:

( Lo! We have created them a (new) creation. And made them virgins… ) (Al-Waqi`ah 56: 35-36) That is, Allah will recreate the elderly women and make them virgins; the same will be done for old men, Allah will make them youth.

It is also mentioned in the Hadith that the women of this worldly life have a superiority over Al-hur Al-`In due to the acts of worship and obedience that they performed in this world. Therefore, the believing women will enter Paradise just like the believing men. If a woman had a number of husbands, she, upon entering Paradise with them, would choose among them the one with the best character and behavior.
            Excerpted, with slight modifications, from: http://www.uh.edu/campus/msa/article....html#paradise

Thus, rest assured dear sister that Allah never wrongs anyone, male or female, nor does He, Almighty, deprive any person of his/her work’s fruit.
            Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."

Comment

I realize that talk about the hoor tend to make women (or even other men) uncomfortable, but remember that men tend to be visually oriented and the number one thing that most men desire are women. I know that this doesn't sound very pretty nor eloquent but that's the honest to God truth: Men like and desire women...

These verses and hadith tend to serve as a motivator for men to keep their duty to Allah (SWT) and strive for Jannah. Also, sister, while it may seem that men might get all sorts of rewards in Jannah, women will also get whatever their hearts desire. So if you make it to Jannah (inshAllah) YOU will get what you desire and you will not be disappointed either.

Wa salam

EDIT: lol, it seems that brother, Mirror, beat me to it

I was re-reading my post when I realized that you might get the impression that most men are perverts who are simply trying to be good in this world just so that they can have sex with the the hoor in the hereafter.... Well, it's not all about that. Me, personally, I want a cliff overlooking the vast expanse of paradise, whereupon hopefully I'll get to sit and have a nice one-on-one conversation with Allah about all of the questions running through my mind. TBH, a personal conversation with my Creator on that cliff is THE motivation for me to struggle and strive to get to Jannah. I just want to see my Rabb, smile at him (and hopefully have him smile back at me) and be in a state where He (SWT) will never be angry with me. THAT to me is true serenity and something worth working towards.
              Last edited by haque; 25-03-11, 03:47 AM.
              Salam! :)

Comment

↑Oh, nah. Don't worry about it. More the merrier!

Comment

I know that this doesn't sound very pretty nor eloquent but that's the honest to God truth: Men like and desire women...
                  Exactly.

Allah has said in the Quran:
                  Beautified for men is the love of things they covet; women, children, much of gold and silver (wealth), branded beautiful horses, cattle and well-tilled land. This is the pleasure of the present world's life; but Allah has the excellent return (Paradise with flowing rivers, etc.) with Him.
                  [3:14]

Keeping it real.

Comment

Platters and cups of gold will be passed around among them, and they will have there all that their hearts desire and in which their eyes find delight. You will remain in it timelessly, forever. (Surat az-Zukhruf, 71)

It's only the female houris that are described with regards to specific reward for males, but that's about it. There is an interpretation of the Qur'an that says "azwajun mutaharoon" (pure companions) is not gender specific so it can apply to both males and females. Source

As the above ayah says, we will get all that our hearts desire. Males and females.

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
                      Maybe, because you're a woman that's why you find it explicit.
                      You probably don't know how men's mind works, but maybe this is something that will compel men to perform those extra good deeds just so they can reach jannah.
                      No. I agree with adri. It is too explicit. Are their no dark skinned hoors? With beautiful but not very ample breasts??

soon to be deleted with the rest of this thread with my blessing.

~Bub
                      From the Many, One

Comment

Originally posted by BubbleGum View Post
                        Are their no dark skinned hoors? With beautiful but not very ample breasts??

~Bub
                        They will be beautiful in everyway with which the believers will be satisfied for eternity. What more can be said?

Comment

Originally posted by loonietoonie View Post
                          They will be beautiful in everyway with which the believers will be satisfied for eternity.

What more can be said?
                          That was a much better description. It only takes that one sentence to descrabe. Anything more than that would be.... too explicit.

~Bub
                          From the Many, One

Comment

Aslamau alaykum

I read the comments and :jkk: , but I understand that men and women will be in Jannah and that they can have whatever their hearts desire.

My issue is about houris, and I still am abit awkward about descriptions of breasts and their magnificent beauty. Why does it need to go into great detail? I have gotten a comment before that it is all about sex and the rewards are only for men (i.e companion wise), But why does it not say much on women and will they ever get the reward of many male companions?

The Prophet (saw) said, Verily, the knots of Islam will be undone one by one. Whenever one knot is lost, then the people grabbed onto the one which came after it. The first of these knots will be ruling and the last will be the salah.[1]deen Imama/Khalifah is the succession from the Prophet in the establishment of the laws of the . So without the Imam the laws lie unapplied and the territory is not protected effectively. The hadith indicates that it is the uppermost knot that keeps the subsequent knots safe from being untied. This is since it is the ruler that is responsible to apply Islam in its entirety, to implement the limits proscribed by Allah and to protect the society. Imam Ahmed mentioned without an Imam (for the Muslims as their leader) there would be fitna, and the destruction of the symbols of Islam ending with the Prayer is a great fitna.[2][1] Tabarani, Musnad Ahmad and Al Hakim in his Al Mustadrak
                            [2] Ibid. pg. 46

Comment

Aslamau alaykum

I read the comments and :jkk: , but I understand that men and women will be in Jannah and that they can have whatever their hearts desire.

My issue is about houris, and I still am abit awkward about descriptions of breasts and their magnificent beauty. Why does it need to go into great detail? I have gotten a comment before that it is all about sex and the rewards are only for men (i.e companion wise), But why does it not say much on women and will they ever get the reward of many male companions?
                              :wswrwb:

What's so awkward about it?
                              Magnificent beauty is what men desire, isn't it?

As for women's reward, read the huge quote I posted above. They have some good details.

But, anyways, the fact is that we will be fullfilled in Jannah of all our desires. We should, then, be doing everything we can to get to Jannah in this world and then when we get there, we will witness our reward. And, rest assure, Allah has something for his righteous slaves our minds cannot imagine.

Honestly, I'll be more happy about the fact that I am not going in hell, than about have so many wives in Jannah.
                              Is it not rewarding enough to avoid the punishment of Allah?
                              Is it not rewarding enough to be among the successful ones?
                              Is it not rewarding enough to see all the messengers and the leader of the mankind :saw:?
                              And...
                              Is it not rewarding enough to see the face of our Creator, at last, at last?

Sis, I'm not saying you shouldn't seek knowledge about something you're not clear on, by all means, do that. However, I personally, wouldn't indulge myself on this matter, because Allah has already said that we will be given everything we wish for in Jannah. I think this covers everything and more.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X