Hello, I'm a Pagan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello, I'm a Pagan

I'm new here so I thought I'd introduce myself. I'm a Pagan, and look forward to some interesting religious discussions. What does Islam say about Paganism?

Re: Hello, I'm a Pagan

You may want to raise this discussion in the comparative religion forum for some healthy input/output.
    "The objective behind Shari'ah is to liberate individuals from his desires in order to be a true Abd (slave) of Allah and that is the legitimate Maslaha... Violating the Shari'ah under the pretext of following Maqasid al-Shari'ah is like the one who cares about the spirit without the body and since the body without the spirit is useless therefore the spirit without the body is useless too." ~ Imam Shatibi - The greatest intellectual founder of Maqasid al-Shari'ah

Comment

Originally posted by Wulf View Post
      I'm new here so I thought I'd introduce myself. I'm a Pagan, and look forward to some interesting religious discussions. What does Islam say about Paganism?
      Okay, will do.

Comment

What does a pagan do then?

Is it still like the pagans of old who used to walk around naked, bury babies, have incestious relationships etc?
        SPREAD OF EVIL
        ZIONISM
        BOLLYWOOD

Comment

Originally posted by -MA- View Post
          What does a pagan do then?

Is it still like the pagans of old who used to walk around naked, bury babies, have incestious relationships etc?
          No, and I'm not sure they ever really did that either, unless you believe the propaganda of their enemies.

Comment

I used to be a pagan a long time ago. Islam says there's One God. Attributing partners to Allah (other gods, intermediaries between Allah and humans, etc) is shirk and is a sin that won't be forgiven without repentance (other sins may be IF Allah wills, but you can't bank on it so it's better to repent from all sins).

As to how Muslims should act towards pagans.... well same as other non Muslims, if you're not trying to attack us or drive us from our homes the we deal with you justly :up: Muhammad :saw: made treaties with various pagan tribes that were around when Islam started. So long as the treaties were honoured, they were dealt with peacefully. Bear in mind that the pagans around at the time of Muhammad :saw: were a lot more aggressive/bloodthirsty than the pagans that are around today. For example they used to bury baby girls alive because they preferred baby boys, and they used to torture their slaves for fun.

What kind of pagan are you? (by that i mean, e.g. druid, wiccan, heathen etc)
            Last edited by dhak1yya; 24-12-10, 05:38 PM.

Comment

No, and I'm not sure they ever really did that either, unless you believe the propaganda of their enemies.
              lol they did...... "pagan" covers such a huge span of people, from the beginning of humanity and all around the world, those who believe in more than one god, those who worship nature.... surely you're not telling me that you believe no-one from any of those groups of people, ever did those things? cause they did.... burying babies, well the pagans at the time of Muhammad :saw: did that.... walking around naked: people in earlier times did that, some people in the world today still do that (including western neopagans actually, like the wiccans in their rites), incestuous relationships, well the ancient Egyptians did that.... they're all pagan....

I don't believe that modern pagans do that, apart frmo the rituals in the nude bit.

Comment

Originally posted by dhakiyya View Post
                I used to be a pagan a long time ago. Islam says there's One God. Attributing partners to Allah (other gods, intermediaries between Allah and humans, etc) is shirk and is a sin that won't be forgiven without repentance (other sins may be IF Allah wills, but you can't bank on it so it's better to repent from all sins).

As to how Muslims should act towards pagans.... well same as other non Muslims, if you're not trying to attack us or drive us from our homes the we deal with you justly :up: Muhammad :saw: made treaties with various pagan tribes that were around when Islam started. So long as the treaties were honoured, they were dealt with peacefully. Bear in mind that the pagans around at the time of Muhammad :saw: were a lot more aggressive/bloodthirsty than the pagans that are around today. For example they used to bury baby girls alive because they preferred baby boys, and they used to torture their slaves for fun.

What kind of pagan are you?
                Pagans honour girls and grant them high status. See, for example, this institution which I helped to found:

http://frya.angelfire.com/

Comment

Pagans honour girls and grant them high status. See, for example, this institution which I helped to found:

http://frya.angelfire.com/
                  I know all about modern paganism, I used to be one. So showing me your website based on your definitions of paganism isn't going to change what I said. "pagan" is a VERY wide term that encompasses MANY extremely diverse groups of people. It does NOT represent a single religion with a single defined set of beliefs. As such, you can't say that ALL pagans believe as you do, you can only speak for yourself and your group, who, I'm sure don't do nasty things to babies. However, that doesn't change the fact that the Arabian pagans who lived in Arabia at the time when Islam started used to bury baby girls, because they did do that. There is PLENTY of historical evidence for that, and even modern pagans who value intellectual integrity will not try to deny that, or any other bad things that some other group of pagans did at some point in human history. What they will say is that THEIR group doesn't do that, and that THEY don't believe that. You don't even speak for all modern pagans.

What kind of pagan are you? wiccan, druid, heathen, thelemite, dianic, chaote, seax.....? fluffy......? Do you spell magick with or without a k?

Comment

I know all about modern paganism, I used to be one. So showing me your website based on your definitions of paganism isn't going to change what I said. "pagan" is a VERY wide term that encompasses MANY extremely diverse groups of people. It does NOT represent a single religion with a single defined set of beliefs. As such, you can't say that ALL pagans believe as you do, you can only speak for yourself and your group, who, I'm sure don't do nasty things to babies. However, that doesn't change the fact that the Arabian pagans who lived in Arabia at the time when Islam started used to bury baby girls, because they did do that. There is PLENTY of historical evidence for that, and even modern pagans who value intellectual integrity will not try to deny that, or any other bad things that some other group of pagans did at some point in human history. What they will say is that THEIR group doesn't do that, and that THEY don't believe that. You don't even speak for all modern pagans.

What kind of pagan are you? wiccan, druid, heathen, thelemite, dianic, chaote, seax.....? fluffy......? Do you spell magick with or without a k?
                    I spell magic how it should be spelt, and I would describe myself as a Heathen.

What Pagans used to do thousands of years ago is ireelevant, because unlike religions of the book, Paganism evolves.

Comment

I spell magic how it should be spelt, and I would describe myself as a Heathen.

What Pagans used to do thousands of years ago is ireelevant, because unlike religions of the book, Paganism evolves.
                      that's what I've been trying to get you to admit *applauses* thank you. Your beliefs are not evolved from those of the pre-Islamic or pre-Christian pagans though, because modern paganism has a HUGE influence from both Christianity and Islam.

Do you practice magic(k)? What Heathen gods do you worship (or honour)?

Comment

that's what I've been trying to get you to admit *applauses* thank you. Your beliefs are not evolved from those of the pre-Islamic or pre-Christian pagans though, because modern paganism has a HUGE influence from both Christianity and Islam.

Do you practice magic(k)? What Heathen gods do you worship (or honour)?
                        Modern Heathenism is derived from the pre-Christian practices of Northern Europe. It may well have Christian influences, but certainly no Muslim ones. The gods I venerate are those of the Anglo-Saxons.

Comment

Modern Heathenism is derived from the pre-Christian practices of Northern Europe. It may well have Christian influences, but certainly no Muslim ones. The gods I venerate are those of the Anglo-Saxons.
                          name them please :up:

given that the various northern europeans traded with the Muslims, I doubt that there are no Muslim influences whatsoever. Have you seen the film "the thirteenth warrior"? It's based on the writings of ibn fadhlan, a Muslim writer.

Comment

name them please :up:

given that the various northern europeans traded with the Muslims, I doubt that there are no Muslim influences whatsoever. Have you seen the film "the thirteenth warrior"? It's based on the writings of ibn fadhlan, a Muslim writer.
                            Islam didn't even exist when the Anglo-Saxons were still Pagan, so there cannot have been any Muslim influences.

There are many gods and goddesses - important ones include Frya, Wodin, Thyr, and many others.

Comment

Is father Christmas a pagan god too? And what about the snowman?
                              "Closer and closer to mankind comes their Reckoning: yet they heed not and they turn away" (21:1)

Comment

Working...
                              X