Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

As harsh it may sound I had to make this announcement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    As harsh it may sound I had to make this announcement

    السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

    All praise is due to Allah alone, and prayers and peace of Allah be on his final Messenger Mohammad and upon all his family, companions and his righteous followers.

    There are big subjects been discussed around the forum lately, which even scholars didn't come to an agreement on.
    These matters have been discussed by many members whom most of them don't even know how to make a full sentence in Arabic. They only cut and paste from sources without even checking or understanding the issue of matter, how its derived and the event that led to it.

    Our religion is a big responsibility, it can't be taken lightly, putting your opinion according too what you understood FROM AN ENGLISH TEXT NOT EVEN ARABIC does not count as a full dalil.

    Arabic language is a rich one, that one word would need three English words in average to explain it. Thus if you have no grasp of the Arabic language then how could you know the right phrase or word that could change the whole meaning of a sentence, even alter a ruling.
    So please don't try to make your own opinion while you don't even know Arabic.

    جزاكم الله خيرا
    islamway
    اللهم ارزقنا حُسن الخاتِمة


    #2
    Re: As harsh it may sound I had to make this announcement

    :wswrwb:

    :jkk:

    May ALLAH Ta'ala grant us humility in religion and guide us in it. ameen
    Rajab is a month of cultivation, Shaban is month of irrigating the fields, and the month of Ramadhan is a month of reaping and harvesting.”

    Comment


      #3
      Re: As harsh it may sound I had to make this announcement

      amazing post brother.

      May Allah Guide Us All
      "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

      Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

      Comment


        #4
        Re: As harsh it may sound I had to make this announcement

        Originally posted by Medievalist View Post
        May ALLAH Ta'ala grant us humility in religion and guide us in it. ameen
        Ameen

        :jkk: Akhi Abu Jaffar. Its not harsh at all, it was much needed.
        وَالْعَصْرِ

        إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

        إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

        "If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us” - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

        "Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

        Khanqah Habibiyah

        Comment


          #5
          Re: As harsh it may sound I had to make this announcement

          Originally posted by Abu Jaffar View Post
          السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

          All praise is due to Allah alone, and prayers and peace of Allah be on his final Messenger Mohammad and upon all his family, companions and his righteous followers.

          There are big subjects been discussed around the forum lately, which even scholars didn't come to an agreement on.
          These matters have been discussed by many members whom most of them don't even know how to make a full sentence in Arabic. They only cut and paste from sources without even checking or understanding the issue of matter, how its derived and the event that led to it.

          Our religion is a big responsibility, it can't be taken lightly, putting your opinion according too what you understood FROM AN ENGLISH TEXT NOT EVEN ARABIC does not count as a full dalil.

          Arabic language is a rich one, that one word would need three English words in average to explain it. Thus if you have no grasp of the Arabic language then how could you know the right phrase or word that could change the whole meaning of a sentence, even alter a ruling.
          So please don't try to make your own opinion while you don't even know Arabic.

          جزاكم الله خيرا
          True say brother, I remember the story of an Imam (can't recall his name I think it was Imam Hanbali) people used to come from everywhere to get his views but he said Allah knows best for most of the questions they asked unless he was 200% sure, but we here are making fatwas in seconds subhanAllah..
          http://s14.postimg.org/v1lw1cm69/ummahanim.gif
          Twitter: https://twitter.com/akh_fuaadh

          Comment


            #6
            Re: As harsh it may sound I had to make this announcement

            :jkk:

            EXCELLENT post, a reminder we must all always look to. :jkk:
            The enforcement of Muslim Brotherhood is the greatest social ideal of Islam. On it was based the Prophet's (SAW) sermon on his last pilgrimage, and Islam cannot be completely realized until this ideal is achieved. '
            (Shaikh Maulana Muhammad Yusuf)
            In Lam Takun Ghaadiban Annee Falaa Ubaalee...

            Comment


              #7
              Re: As harsh it may sound I had to make this announcement

              Originally posted by Fuaadh View Post
              True say brother, I remember the story of an Imam (can't recall his name I think it was Imam Hanbali) people used to come from everywhere to get his views but he said Allah knows best for most of the questions they asked unless he was 200% sure, but we here are making fatwas in seconds subhanAllah..
              I think in the story you're thinking of it's imam Malik akhi.

              JazakAllahu khayran brother Abu Jaffar, I haven't really looked at the threads in question but it's a valuable reminder which is always applicable.
              ربنا واجعلنا مسلمين لك ومن ذريتنا أمة مسلمة لك وأرنا مناسكنا وتب علينا إنك أنت التواب الرحيم

              Our Lord, make us Muslims submitted to You, and our descendants a Muslim community submitted to You. Show us our rites of worship and turn towards us. You are the Ever-Returning, the Most Merciful. [2: 128]

              http://livingthemuslimlife.wordpress.com/

              Comment


                #8
                Re: As harsh it may sound I had to make this announcement

                Originally posted by Fuaadh View Post
                True say brother, I remember the story of an Imam (can't recall his name I think it was Imam Hanbali) people used to come from everywhere to get his views but he said Allah knows best for most of the questions they asked unless he was 200% sure, but we here are making fatwas in seconds subhanAllah..
                It was Imam Malik, a man came from Andalus and asked him on 48 matters he only answered a few of them. The man told him I came all the way form Andalus (imagine that an eight month travel) with these questions and you say you don't know, what will I tell the enquirers? he said: Tell them that Imam Malik says he doesn't know the answer.
                islamway
                اللهم ارزقنا حُسن الخاتِمة

                Comment


                  #9
                  Re: As harsh it may sound I had to make this announcement

                  I don't know which threads you're referring to, but aren't we suppose to be helping each other out with our deen?
                  I agree that understanding the rulings/fatwas are important, but most of us can't speak Arabic so the only choice we have is to depend on English translations and interpretations. How else would we go about doing it then?
                  Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

                  "A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                  - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Re: As harsh it may sound I had to make this announcement

                    Originally posted by Abu Jaffar View Post
                    It was Imam Malik, a man came from Andalus and asked him on 48 matters he only answered a few of them. The man told him I came all the way form Andalus (imagine that an eight month travel) with these questions and you say you don't know, what will I tell the enquirers? he said: Tell them that Imam Malik says he doesn't know the answer.
                    Oh yes sorry.. JaazakAllah for giving the full story bro!
                    http://s14.postimg.org/v1lw1cm69/ummahanim.gif
                    Twitter: https://twitter.com/akh_fuaadh

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Re: As harsh it may sound I had to make this announcement

                      Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
                      I don't know which threads you're referring to, but aren't we suppose to be helping each other out with our deen?
                      I agree that understanding the rulings/fatwas are important, but most of us can't speak Arabic so the only choice we have is to depend on English translations and interpretations. How else would we go about doing it then?
                      Really the question on rulings shouldn't be posting on here.. people should go directly to a scholar to ask these questions. Just like we would go to a doctor when we are ill.. we go to the islamic scholar if we fail to understand something of deen

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Re: As harsh it may sound I had to make this announcement

                        Originally posted by zaidfp View Post
                        Really the question on rulings shouldn't be posting on here.. people should go directly to a scholar to ask these questions. Just like we would go to a doctor when we are ill.. we go to the islamic scholar if we fail to understand something of deen
                        Good point, but then this place would become a chit-chat forum. (Well, it already is 50%)
                        Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

                        "A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                        - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Re: As harsh it may sound I had to make this announcement

                          Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
                          Good point, but then this place would become a chit-chat forum. (Well, it already is 50%)
                          advice could be asked here.. articles which some people are unaware of could be put up.. little little stuff like that.. people could share experiences

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Re: As harsh it may sound I had to make this announcement

                            سلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته
                            All praise is due to Allah alone, and prayers and peace of Allah be on his final Messenger Mohammad and upon all his family, companions and his righteous followers and i wish you all the best

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Re: As harsh it may sound I had to make this announcement

                              thanks for the advice.

                              But as muslims in the west we have to rely on what we get in the english language. And mind you most of the english translated are from the arabic version which brothers who know the arabic language will kindly translate.
                              in terms of Our religion is a big responsibility, your right there are certain issues which are dangerous and has to be left with the scholers (i.e takfir, qisas). but mind you we have to know about issue's like kufr and iman, how else would we be able to see the difference between a muslim and a non muslim.
                              Last edited by AbuOmar_Alfarsi; 04-11-10, 02:00 PM.
                              وَلِلَّهِ ٱلۡعِزَّةُ وَلِرَسُولِهِۦ وَلِلۡمُؤۡمِنِينَ وَلَـٰكِنَّ ٱلۡمُنَـٰفِقِينَ لَا يَعۡلَمُونَ
                              But honour, power and glory belong to Allâh, and to His Messenger (Muhammad SAW), and to the believers, but the hypocrites know not

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X