X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: As harsh it may sound I had to make this announcement

Excellent post.
    There is rest only in the aakhira.
    Man will rest in the aakhira according to how hard he strives in dunya.

- Khaalid Ibn Al Waleed (ra) -

If you find yourself in a time where speech is regarded as knowledge,
    and knowledge is regarded as deeds,
    then you are in the worst of times, with the worst of people.

- Abu Hazim Al Ashja'i (ra) -

I saw a dog without any clothes on .
    That's right, a nude dog.
    The Deepweb is disgusting.
    - Unknown -

Links
    The Middle Road - At-Tanzil - Hifz Thread - Muslim Healthy Living
    Inheritors of Qur'aan

Download Links

Comment

Where has Abu Jaffar disappeared to? Has Daruz Zawaaj called him away already?

"The `Aalim knows who is a Jaahil, because he used to be a Jaahil before. But the Jaahil does not know who is an `Aalim, because he was never an `Aalim before."

Imaam Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullaah in Majmoo`ul Fataawaa.

Comment

i came on this site not to debate like a scholer but to talk about issues affecting muslim people, sure enough, talking to muslims equates to having quotes slapped in your face out of context and completely lacking human emotion, silly me ey thinking I could find an online muslim support network
        All beauty is lost
        In God do we entrust,
        Hope is our haven
        for the joy of the garden of eden

Comment

Salam Alaikum wrwb

Harsh but true
          Jazak Allah khair

Comment

Assalamu alaikum.

I think the post is harsh.

Keeping in mind the prophetSAW said "convey even if it is one ayah."

Sometimes in the course of conveying one may have to do abit of explaining for the other person to understand.

Ordering good, and forbidding evil is a command everyone must obey, so let's not create unnecessary barriers to that.

If you are sure of an islamic issue, whether or not you speak arabic, go ahead and preach.

Thank you.

Assalamu alaikum.

Comment

Agree. I make great effort to learn Arabic as a westerner, it does not come easily. Like in English, many words have many meanings, and grammatical morphology and context are the rules for interpretation. I don't know much yet about Qur'an, but doesn't it warn against relying on one's own mind for deriving meaning from the verses and likewise to kill the ego? We should not be so proud to argue over such things from a place of ignorance. Surely we can educate ourselves, and if we cannot, then rely on those who have been sufficiently educated to speak with authority. That said, I cannot see it as wrong to ask questions, only to debate beyond one's depth with responses which have been appropriated from other sources. I do not consider the message harsh at all.

Comment

Originally posted by SILURES View Post
                so are all the muslims who cant speak/read arabic missing something in their islam then?

in the quran it says:

”We have made it (the Quran) easy to understand and in your own tongue (language) may you take heed”44:58

does that mean the arabic language for muhammed and his companions or is it a message to all muslims in any age no matter what they speak?
                Originally posted by Saif-Uddin View Post
                Yes to the First Question,

and to the second question, addressed to the Arabs first and then to rest of Humanity ...

regards
                Assalamu Alikom,

These two posts make me nervous. I am a newly revert to Islam and have always been worried about lost meaning through translation. I grew up Christian and of course the Bible I read is written in English which is not the native tongue of the Bible. Now, I am Muslim and my native tongue is not Arabic either, so again the translation into English makes me very nervous. All I can say is I rely on Allah SWT to reveal the truth to me in what I read and pray that He helps me understand the interpretations and to someday understand the Arabic language better.

Jazak Allah khairan

Comment

Originally posted by Sunset Dawn View Post
                  Assalamu Alikom,

These two posts make me nervous. I am a newly revert to Islam and have always been worried about lost meaning through translation. I grew up Christian and of course the Bible I read is written in English which is not the native tongue of the Bible. Now, I am Muslim and my native tongue is not Arabic either, so again the translation into English makes me very nervous. All I can say is I rely on Allah SWT to reveal the truth to me in what I read and pray that He helps me understand the interpretations and to someday understand the Arabic language better.

Jazak Allah khairan
                  try this site, it gives recitations, tafsir and explanations why the verse was revealed and at what time to understand the reasoniung behind it a bit more.

http://www.altafsir.com/

if any muslims could check the site i gave is good to go so as im not giving sunset dawn a dodgy site. thank you.

also this iste has a learn arabic section where members will help you get a better understanding of the language.

There are two kinds of pride, both good and bad. 'Good pride' represents our dignity and self-respect. 'Bad pride' is the deadly sin of superiority that reeks of conceit and arrogance.

Comment

Assalamu Alikom,

Jazak Allah khairan

:salams:

Don't worry. Even though some of us do understand Arabic, we still have to look up the meaning of words.

Kind of like how Pickithall's (Rahimahullah) translation uses formal English compared to the newer translations. And of course the highest example is the Qur'an.

When you are looking at the short translation of an ayah for example on Quran.com click on more than one translation. And that will hopefully give you a better understanding.

However for a more in-depth understanding of the Quran an Arabic speaker would also have to read from a tafseer.

I found a good short translation of the Qur'an if you are interested it is by M.A.S. Abdel Haleem. It is contemporary, and easy to read. But remember to read from a tafseer book as well.

Comment

Assalamu Alikom,

Jazak Allah khairan
                      I wouldnt worry inshallah, sincerity is the key inshallah. Arabic is not the pre-requisite for Islam. Of course if you have the means and resources then you should try and study it.

You see in Islam Allah swt doesnt simply punish for right and wrong. The reward and punishment is on your intention.

A man travelling in the desert set up a camp and decided to leave the pegs in as it may aid any one else passing. The next man to walk past that spot removed them thinking it was a trip hazard. The reward for both is equal

Comment

Originally posted by nonameakhi View Post
                        I wouldnt worry inshallah, sincerity is the key inshallah. Arabic is not the pre-requisite for Islam. Of course if you have the means and resources then you should try and study it.
                        Jazak Allah Khair.

Verily the one who recites the Qur’an beautifully, smoothly, and precisely, he will be in the company of the noble and obedient angels. And as for the one who recites with difficulty, stammering or stumbling through its verses, then he will have TWICE that reward.” [Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

:)

Comment

true and good you brought this issue up brother ,i have seen how people quotes hadiths which do not even exists.we should discuss this matter with all the members in an open debate

Comment

Thank you sir for posting this and alhamdulillah I know the Arabic language. My parents are native speakers and I am first generation born here in america.

Comment

Salam,

So my question is should I learn Quran in Arabic or shall I read it in English as I am not Arabic and I find it difficult to learn it?

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by rabka View Post
                                Salam,

So my question is should I learn Quran in Arabic or shall I read it in English as I am not Arabic and I find it difficult to learn it?

Thank you.
                                wa salam

keep reading it in english till you learn arabic. But arabic is very important, remember that
                                "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

Comment

Working...
                                X