Islam in the mouth of a kafir

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Islam in the mouth of a kafir

Salaam, ive just started doing religious studies, and i have a non muslim teacher : (
    my course is islam and philosophy. which sounds appealing
    as philosophy is teaching us how to prove there is a God.

The teacher who teaches philosophy is a practising christian so u can feel that he means what he says, but the islam teacher i hate it

He speaks so coldly : (
    and when he mentions Muhammad (Saw) he wont say peace be up on him etc..

so i mutter it myself to feel more satisfied, i dont know if i want to carry on with the course, its too much curriculum and no spiritual islam and the islam we fully know

what do i do : (
    stay or leave
    ♥ ♥ Be mindful of Allaah, and Allaah will protect you. Be mindful of Allaah and you will find Him in front of you. If you ask, ask of Allaah; if you seek help. Seek help of Allaah. Know that if the nation were to gather together to benefit you with anything, it would benefit you only with something that Allaah had already prescribed for you, and that if they gather together to harm you with anything, they would harm you only with something Allaah had already prescribed for you. The pens have been lifted and the pages have dried. ♥ ♥

http://www.theislamicemailcircle.com...anner-new5.jpg

* ~ “Only those who are patient shall receive their reward in full, without reckoning.” (39:10) ~ *

Re: Islam in the mouth of a kafir

Wa 3laykum salam.

If it's effecting you so much it's best to leave it.

Comment

Leave.

Look as a student, regardless of what your studying, take it from me... if you dislike the subject in the begining then that dislike will only grow, as you go into even more detail later, especially when you have to write large dissertation and essays. So it is not worth it.

Find something you enjoy. It will help your grades in the end.
      "And remind, for indeed, the reminder benefits the believers"(51:55)

The Snake and Malik ibn Dinar http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOfrNtDw5Yc

Comment

its not expected of non muslims to say that after saying muhamed though. i asked that when i first came here and i was told in no uncertain terms not to say it because it i wouldnt mean it because i was a kuffair.

There are two kinds of pride, both good and bad. 'Good pride' represents our dignity and self-respect. 'Bad pride' is the deadly sin of superiority that reeks of conceit and arrogance.

Comment

sis nice to see you psoting again :). Look to be honest if you feel this way in the beggining then you ain't going to end up enjoying much later, i mean every lesson you go to you might be dreading! I chose religious studies and i will be doing it next year! Insha'Allah it will be okay, but if you want, you could also stay to represent Islam in the class and maybe a good chance for dawah :). It is up to you but if you really don't like it, then don't it! Up to you sis, i will make dua :love:

The Prophet (saw) said, Verily, the knots of Islam will be undone one by one. Whenever one knot is lost, then the people grabbed onto the one which came after it. The first of these knots will be ruling and the last will be the salah.[1]

The author of Sitoon as-Sultaniyah says about this Hadith: “It was the Prophet who tied together the knots of Islam, including the uppermost knot of ruling after he established the Islamic state…As mentioned by Imam Mawardi the leadership has been proscribed as the succession of the Prophet in protecting the deen and governing the societal affairs. In this respect – Imam Baidawi mentioned that the Imama/Khalifah is the succession from the Prophet in the establishment of the laws of the Shari’ah. So without the Imam the laws lie unapplied and the territory is not protected effectively. The hadith indicates that it is the uppermost knot that keeps the subsequent knots safe from being untied. This is since it is the ruler that is responsible to apply Islam in its entirety, to implement the limits proscribed by Allah and to protect the society. Imam Ahmed mentioned without an Imam (for the Muslims as their leader) there would be fitna, and the destruction of the symbols of Islam ending with the Prayer is a great fitna.[2]

[1] Tabarani, Musnad Ahmad and Al Hakim in his Al Mustadrak
          [2] Ibid. pg. 46

Comment

Walaikum salaam wa rahmatullah,

I did this course too.

I was taught by an atheist, but ironically, she taught me very valuable skills.

She taught me how to discuss things 'outside the box' - rather than the standard way of discussing Islam, and the cliche issues.

It was not ideal, because we had to analyse the rule of the rightly guided khilafahs, and this included criticising them.

Personally, the course opened my eyes to a few things, but I was a bit ignorant at the time.

I guess, doing it now I would feel uneasy about some things.

Comment

This is why it is not permissible to study Islam from Kuffar.

You study from Muslim scholars.
              Last edited by ahaneefah; 11-10-10, 12:55 PM.

Comment

^ I go with tht too...

Alisha, if you're feeling uneasy, drop it...

If you want, I could recommend an online course? I just started it (a couple of days so far) and I think it's pretty good...Sure it has it's negatives, like you can't ask questions, but otherwis it's good.. Oh yea, it's run by Dr Bilal Phillips...

Comment

Originally posted by Muslimah_Alisha View Post
                  Salaam, ive just started doing religious studies, and i have a non muslim teacher : (

The teacher who teaches philosophy is a practising christian so u can feel that he means what he says, but the islam teacher i hate it

so i mutter it myself to feel more satisfied, i dont know if i want to carry on with the course, its too much curriculum and no spiritual islam and the islam we fully know

stay or leave
                  Leave it definitely, in the AS religious studies course I was doing, Muhammad (SAW) living off raids was part of the curriculum, even though my teacher was a Muslim, he said to get the marks your gonna have to agree with them
                  theres no good in learning the religion of Allaah SWT from his enemies, they only desire to turn you away from Islaam

Ale Imraan
                  100. O you who believe! If you obey a group of those who were given the Scripture (Jews and Christians), they would (indeed) render you disbelievers after you have believed!

118. O you who believe! Take not as (your) Bitanah (advisors, consultants, protectors, helpers, friends, etc.) those outside your religion (pagans, Jews, Christians, and hypocrites) since they will not fail to do their best to corrupt you. They desire to harm you severely. Hatred has already appeared from their mouths, but what their breasts conceal is far worse. Indeed We have made plain to you the Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses) if you understand.
                  Get to know Allah in moments of ease, and Allah will know you in moments of difficulty
                  In Jannah there are things an eye has never seen, an ear has never heard and a mind can't even imagine
                  We ask Allah to make us of those who will reach to Jannah

Comment

How do non-muslims teach Islam, and not see the Truth?
                    Anyways, I guess you can stay and give Daw'ah, if you're the talkative type.
                    Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                    - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Originally posted by ahaneefah View Post
                      This is why it is not permissible to study Islam from Kuffar.

You study from Muslim scholars.
                      exactly

kafirs dont have to say the salallahu alayhi wa salam after the prophets name, that is a dua and the dua of the kuffar is useless

unless you are ready to do battle in a class like that, it may be better for you to leave
                      .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
                      نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
                      دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

Originally posted by Muslimah_Alisha View Post

stay or leave
                        leave because if you havent done enough Dawah study by Ulama and other shuyookh and Also if you dont have enough knowledge to back up Islam through philosophy viewpoint then it will turn as a fitnah for you because you might question your own faith. It may seem like No I wont question islam but time tells.

If you cannot back Islam up through philosophical view then you shouldnnt be in the course. This is my perspective. All blame goes on me if I made an error here and no one else.
                        Reported by Ibn al-Salah:

ولقد أحسن الحسن بن أبي زياد اللؤلؤي صاحب أبي حنيفة فيما بلغنا عنه أنه استفتي في مسألة فأخطأ فيها ولم يعرف الذي أفتاه فاكترى مناديا فنادى أن الحسن بن أبي زياد استفتي يوم كذا وكذا في مسألة فأخطأ فمن كان أفتاه الحسن بن أبي زياد بشيء فليرجع إليه
                        فلبث أياما لا يفتي حتى وجد صاحب الفتوى فأعلمه أنه أخطأ وإن الصواب كذا وكذا والله أعلم

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
                          How do non-muslims teach Islam, and not see the Truth?
                          Anyways, I guess you can stay and give Daw'ah, if you're the talkative type.
                          I thought the exact same thing i was thinking how can you not see the beauty of Islam :love:

But as its said disbelievers will be oblivious to all the signs no matter how in their faces they become, you never know though at the same time this teacher could be making his steps to becoming Muslim.

Allahu Alim, theres so many ways to look at it
                          ♥ ♥ Be mindful of Allaah, and Allaah will protect you. Be mindful of Allaah and you will find Him in front of you. If you ask, ask of Allaah; if you seek help. Seek help of Allaah. Know that if the nation were to gather together to benefit you with anything, it would benefit you only with something that Allaah had already prescribed for you, and that if they gather together to harm you with anything, they would harm you only with something Allaah had already prescribed for you. The pens have been lifted and the pages have dried. ♥ ♥

* ~ “Only those who are patient shall receive their reward in full, without reckoning.” (39:10) ~ *

Comment

Originally posted by SILURES View Post
                            its not expected of non muslims to say that after saying muhamed though. i asked that when i first came here and i was told in no uncertain terms not to say it because it i wouldnt mean it because i was a kuffair.
                            i know i know, just dont like hearing things being said so coldly because it makes you not want to enjoy the lesson. and to me Islam is soo beautiful and its great to learn, the teachings so far are about things i already know and seem to be an easy as level to grab Insha'Allah.

Comment

Originally posted by adri View Post
                              sis nice to see you psoting again :). Look to be honest if you feel this way in the beggining then you ain't going to end up enjoying much later, i mean every lesson you go to you might be dreading! I chose religious studies and i will be doing it next year! Insha'Allah it will be okay, but if you want, you could also stay to represent Islam in the class and maybe a good chance for dawah :). It is up to you but if you really don't like it, then don't it! Up to you sis, i will make dua :love:
                              Shukraan, to be fair its good, but seems very cold and its more curriculum based Islam, so you cant use arabic and you be very free its more like these are the kind of marks you will be getiing etc...

I dont want to leave as its philosophy combined and i really like philosophy, especially since u can see the passion the teacher has for the subject

Comment

Working...
                              X