Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ladies... how do you keep your hair looking good under your hijab?!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ladies... how do you keep your hair looking good under your hijab?!

Some of you may know I've finally started to wear the Hijab :inlove: Alhamdulillah... but underneath I'm still that little perfectionist who freaks out at the tiniest curl/kink! lol

I find my hijab flattens out my hair making it impossible to style afterwards! Anybody else have the same problem or is it just my hair that hates me? Any tips to keeping your hair healthy and looking good under your Hijab?

... & don't worry, this is for me and my family only. No non mahrams will see it.
    Allah is 'closer to him than (his) jugular vein' (Quran - 50:16)
    ♥.. Any given time - I do my best to strive - In Your name I rise - The apple of my eyes ..♥

Re: Ladies... how do you keep your hair looking good under your hijab?!

Oh MashaAllah on starting to wear the Hijab girl!

Well I can't give you tips on hair care, my hair usually looks like a birds nest or is raised into a super-saiyan position (if you know the reference). The only time I do my hair nicely is when my sister plaits it for me or I have relaxed it and put it into a neat bun for a few hours, until I loose my hairband.

So I'm just saying MashaAllah yh lol
    وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

The only way I can even keep my hair nice and tidy under hijab is putting it in a bun other than that its everywhere and trying to come out of my hijab. Not pleasent

Comment

Masha Allah may Allah guide u and all of us on the haq amin. probably best not to describe yourselves in front of the brothers insha Allah. just keep your hair clean and keep your hijab on outside, and dont worry about what ur hair looks like because no ones going to see it outdoors anyway and u can fix it when u get home, is the best advice i can offer.
        "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

Salam, I began to wear a Hijab recently too and I found that when I took my Hijab off it looked like an overweight aunty had rolled across my head and generally my hair wasn't feeling as healthy as it did before. After Googling, I found...
          1. I used to wear my Hijab with wet hair, be very careful not to do that.
          2. Don't tie your hair up too tight or even wear your scarf too tight.
          3. Wearing a hat will moves your hair line further back.
          4. Take your Hijab off when you're at home.

Comment

Oh yes plus a underscarf or bone is good for keeping the hairs out of your face and showing :up:

Comment

^ Thanks everyone :inlove: ...but i'm asking how can I keep my hair looking good and keep it healthy when the hijab is OFF - I know nobody will see it but there's nothing wrong with still making an effort to feel and look nice for myself.

Originally posted by Taqwa_90 View Post
              Salam, I began to wear a Hijab recently too and I found that when I took my Hijab off it looked like an overweight aunty had rolled across my head and generally my hair wasn't feeling as healthy as it did before.
              :rotfl: perfectly described!
              Last edited by CloserThanVeins; 20-09-10, 01:49 AM.
              ♥.. Any given time - I do my best to strive - In Your name I rise - The apple of my eyes ..♥

Comment

this place is almost completely girly

time to leave i guess

Comment

Originally posted by CloserThanVeins View Post
                  ^ Thanks, but i'm asking how can I keep my hair looking good and keep it healthy when the hijab is OFF - I know nobody will see it but there's nothing wrong with still making an effort to feel and look nice for myself.
                  Oh ok I thought you wanted to know how to keep it nice under hijab lol. Malish

When its off is easy... braid it comb it, oil it, put yogurt,honey, henna all that good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Ibn Sina View Post
                    this place is almost completely girly

time to leave i guess
                    Yeaaah that's right. You know we rule this place! :p

Comment

use more conditioner.

Comment

Originally posted by *Aisha View Post
                        Oh ok I thought you wanted to know how to keep it nice under hijab lol. Malish

When its off is easy... braid it comb it, oil it, put yogurt,honey, henna all that good stuff.
                        Honey in the hair? Really? That sounds painful.

Comment

Originally posted by loonietoonie View Post
                          Honey in the hair? Really? That sounds painful.
                          Nah it's not. You mix it with some conditioner after you shampoo. Rinse it out and it leaves the hairs soft and healthy. Also you can mix honey with oil too. Its a moisturizer so a natural conditioner you could say.
                          Last edited by *aisha*; 20-09-10, 03:03 AM.

Comment

salaam sis

congratulations!!! :)

the honey idea is good, my friend uses it alot..theres another one thats pretty naaasstty but it makes ur hair soft n silky...
                            basically, get half a cup of mayonnaise and an egg and mix them together...then apply it to ur scalp first then the rest of the hair and put a shower cap on and leave it for 30min-45min then rinse it out. i thought the egg would be killa but the mayyonaise smell made me sick...it was also pretty disgusting when i was applying it but the results were great!! and surprisingly when u rinse it all the mayyonaise n egg smell goes :)

also take iron tablets
                            Your 9/11 is how we live 24/7 ~ yours sincerely Palestine

My Blog

Comment

wash and DIFFUUUUUSE

Comment

Working...
                              X