Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dog ownership in islam

Salam alikum

I have just bought ahouse and bit worried it's an end of terrace, thinking of buying a dog. but due to me and partner both working full time I can happily say I will take it out for a walk every day for something like20 minutes or so. but a bit worried as that might affect the dog been alone all day out side in the garage and only getting 20 minutes socilising time.

I have heard and read a house with dogs and pictures angels won't enter it does that mean if the dog is in the permenately. what I'm trying to say while we are work dog will be outside only when we come home the dog will be allowed to spend a bit of time with us down stairs and the time during the walk but bed time he will be out side in the garagenwhat your views?

I don't want to leave him outside for hours alone but I also need him to guard the house ect. I know I should read Quran and make dua but if I can use a dog on top ofthat is it wrong.

I don't want to be cruel and give him only 20 minutes a day as the dog won't be very balanced and that's what I'm worried about.

Re: dog ownership in islam

Al-Bukhaari (2145) narrated that Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever keeps a dog, a qiraat from his good deeds will be deducted every day, except a dog for farming or herding livestock.”

Also read this : http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/69777

Comment

dnt remember the exact words but wat i heard was angels dont enter the house where there are dogs as pets.

Comment

keep the dog outside, but it is cruel to keep an animal and only see it 20mins a day, i wouldnt do that. not right.
        Daw'ud... is retired from ummah forum

Comment

wasalam. What about building a decent sized 'dog house' / kennel? [is that how its spelled???] you get the idea. Maybe getting another dog to keep it company?
          But you're not allowed to bring the dog into the house, as stated above, the angels will not enter.
          Another reason why you are allowed to have dogs are for protection if you have a large property etc.

Dogs are dirty animals, roll around in poo. There are logical reasons why dogs are not allowed in the house. Afterall hygiene is half of ones iman in Islam.
          Allah is compassionate and He loves compassion in all things. [Hadith]
          :lailah::ahb:

Comment

thank you for your helpful replies, If you type in bilal philips dogs. there a small lecture in YouTube about it and it states if a dog licks he doesn't break your state of abulaotion and mashallah the brother has grauated from medinah univercity. have miss understood it.

I'm aware you can't keep him indoors what as I stated I have a garage that's accesible through the back of the house so I would build him a nice comfortable kennle I wouldn't put him out side with the lovley British weather.

and if I got another dog the cost will go up and become very high and it's not easy having two dogs as they can bread some people say get then nuted however I don't wish to change gods creation.
            I have wooden floor down stairs I cAn close the other living room off. he will only occasionaly have access to the kitchen and one of the living rooms.

I've never seen dogs rolling in **** maybe by accidnt but very rearly. he will only spend a few hours in the living room or the kitchen.

or maybe it's best I get two but if u have two males or two females they will fight to be pack leader ect..:

Comment

Originally posted by younes View Post
              thank you for your helpful replies, If you type in bilal philips dogs. there a small lecture in YouTube about it and it states if a dog licks he doesn't break your state of abulaotion and mashallah the brother has grauated from medinah univercity. have miss understood it.

I'm aware you can't keep him indoors what as I stated I have a garage that's accesible through the back of the house so I would build him a nice comfortable kennle I wouldn't put him out side with the lovley British weather.

and if I got another dog the cost will go up and become very high and it's not easy having two dogs as they can bread some people say get then nuted however I don't wish to change gods creation.
              I have wooden floor down stairs I cAn close the other living room off. he will only occasionaly have access to the kitchen and one of the living rooms.

I've never seen dogs rolling in **** maybe by accidnt but very rearly. he will only spend a few hours in the living room or the kitchen.

or maybe it's best I get two but if u have two males or two females they will fight to be pack leader ect..:
              Pay ZAKAT and Allah SWT will insure your home from thiefs and accidents. A dog for protection here in the UK, what a lousy excuse. Its Haraam unless to protect farmland. Dont try to justify it and try to get a fatwa from a user here, we are not qualified to give out such advice apart from say its be prohibited by our beloved Prophet Muhammed PBUH. END OF STORY.

end of terrace house + to protect a house = dog... lol

invite your parents to stay with you, you should be looking after them anyway and in return then can look after the house. do it the islamic way, not the kufr way

Comment

thank you for the kindest reply so far brother imran, due to an injury I have unfortunately I can't do more than walking. my intention was not to get fatwa rather advice and opinions.

just cause I like dogs doesn't mean I will have them in my bed and I will buy them clothes ect. if I have a dog it will push me to take him out for walks and get me some exercise in the process.

the area I live in was voted the roughest area for stabbings in Europe. the dog won't be bought to be a family memeber he will be bought for a bit protection and also something to help me get active. in regards to zakat then that's between me and Allah.

so please don't make assumptions when I only come here for some advice Im man enough to apologise that it came across like that.

jazak Allah

Comment

thank you for the kindest reply so far brother imran, due to an injury I have unfortunately I can't do more than walking. my intention was not to get fatwa rather advice and opinions.

just cause I like dogs doesn't mean I will have them in my bed and I will buy them clothes ect. if I have a dog it will push me to take him out for walks and get me some exercise in the process.

the area I live in was voted the roughest area for stabbings in Europe. the dog won't be bought to be a family memeber he will be bought for a bit protection and also something to help me get active. in regards to zakat then that's between me and Allah.

so please don't make assumptions when I only come here for some advice Im man enough to apologise that it came across like that.

jazak Allah
                  May Allah SWT mend your injury, please brother do as much zikr as possible and Inshallah all will be well. Brother try to relocate to a better area where the stabbings level is lower, we have to do what we can before we can expect Allah SWT to help us. Please for your own security as well as your wifes find a better area.

Inshallah read Ayatul Kursi before leaving the house and Allah SWT will protect you and your house. Dear Brother i wasnt having a go at you for zakat, i was simplying implying that the muslim insurance is the zakaat. I apologise if i hurt your feelings as im a sinner in the eyes of Allah SWT, and Inshallah you are a much better muslim than me.

Comment

that's ok brother didn't mean to have a nag:) so forgive me if I made you feel bad. we just bought the house and just in the process of moving in. my injury I have torn my crutiate ligament and damaged my mensicus I was someone who used to go gym play footie twice a week play table tennis fishing you name it and now due to lack of exercises I'm putting in the pounds and just cause I'm married doesn't mean I need to grow a belly :) I need to look good for my wife and I'm unfortunately a smoker which inshallah I will stop my job is an office job with occasional driving so I can't exercise during work but alhamdulliah it could of been worse. there are peole all overthe world who much worse than me and I'm greatfull to Allah that it could of been much worse so alhamdulilah again and again.

jazak Allah keir

Comment

They lick their own rear after going to the toilet. Its saliva is najis. If it goes on clothes or your body, that part becomes impure and must be washed. And you know they will eat other dogs poo if it is infront of them.

Cats are alot better to keep.. Cant you get one of these? http://www.africa-nature-photography...ale-Lion-L.jpg or something abit smaller and easier to look after http://www.bobperryonline.co.uk/medi...shWildcat2.jpg
                      SPREAD OF EVIL
                      ZIONISM
                      BOLLYWOOD

Comment

lol great idea lol

it crossed my mind but I just don't to be some old animals dinner. dogs only eat there poo when they are not getting the nutrient there body needs however most pet shop sell a special pepper that will make dogs avoid such bahaviour. I never let dogs lick me as I see then at friends car garage the dog licks his behind ect. but cats also do the same, funny enough the owner of the house I've bought has one of these fat face cats there chubby and well cute but just can't justify owning one of them unless you live near a restuarant or train track to keep mice and rats away :)

Comment

Erm ... have you considered just getting a half-decent burglar alarm?

It would be cheaper in the long run as well.

Comment

^ yea just get a burglar alarm, its cruel to keep a dog in a city/built up area,really shouldnt be allowed. they need a good run every day for a totall of a couple of hours a day, whether big or small, not just a quick 20 mins round the block. they are farm and hunting animals.

Originally posted by dawud_uk View Post
                            keep the dog outside, but it is cruel to keep an animal and only see it 20mins a day, i wouldnt do that. not right.
                            :jkk:
                            "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

Working...
                            X