X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hang onto the Tails of Cows

does this hadith:

Reported by Ahmad and Abu Dawud and graded as authentic

mean that by the hanging on the tail of cows bit, not to take up farming (cultivation) over fighting jihad? and it means youve left your religion until you return to jihad?

There are two kinds of pride, both good and bad. 'Good pride' represents our dignity and self-respect. 'Bad pride' is the deadly sin of superiority that reeks of conceit and arrogance.

Re: little help with a hadith please

Originally posted by SILURES View Post
    does this hadith:

the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said: “If you deal in usury and hang unto the tails of cows, being satisfied with cultivation and ceasing to take part in Jihad, Allah will inflict a humiliation upon you which will not be removed until you return to your religion.”

mean that by the hanging on the tail of cows bit, not to take up farming (cultivation) over fighting jihad? and it means youve left your religion until you return to jihad?
    The expression "holding on to the tails of cows" means being satisfied with the cultivation of the dunyaa, Wallaahu 'Alam.

The Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم when he mentions that you will cease fighting jihaad, it means as a whole, the community of Muslims will not be anymore involved in Jihaad, and that would be a time of corruption and being under the humiliation of Allaah, and the only way to restore the pleasure of Allaah upon the Ummah is to return to the Deen.

Comment

I have always understood this hadith to be drawing a similarity in the seriousness of leaving jihad to the seriousness of dealing in rib'ah, in the eyes of Allah . In other words, they will both lead to our humiliation if we choose to follow that path.

As for the part about "returning to your religion"...again, in my opinion, stressing the utmost importance of jihad in the religion of Allah

I am an uneducated layman, however, and my opinions should probably be dismissed with the contempt they deserve.

Allah knows best.

"We ask Allaah for a lasting faith, true certainty, and beneficial knowledge"

Comment

Originally posted by Al-Farooq View Post
        I have always understood this hadith to be drawing a similarity in the seriousness of leaving jihad to the seriousness of dealing in rib'ah, in the eyes of Allah . In other words, they will both lead to our humiliation if we choose to follow that path.

As for the part about "returning to your religion"...again, in my opinion, stressing the utmost importance of jihad in the religion of Allah

I am an uneducated layman, however, and my opinions should probably be dismissed with the contempt they deserve.

Allah knows best.
        No brother, Deen includes everything, not just Jihaad. Especially considering that the ordinary Muslim is not responsible for the fact that Jihaad is in general not occurring these days, because this is the responsibility of the Muslim rulers. If they are not fulfilling their responsibility, they will have to answer to Allaah for it.

Offensive Jihaad cannot be initiated by just anyone, only the Ameer has the authority to initiate offensive Jihaad.

This is why the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم said we have to return to the Deen, and especially the basic things in the Deen, such as knowing tawheed, establishing the prayer and the zakaat, and holding fast to the Sunnah.

Comment

Originally posted by Yuwsha View Post
          No brother, Deen includes everything, not just Jihaad. Especially considering that the ordinary Muslim is not responsible for the fact that Jihaad is in general not occurring these days, because this is the responsibility of the Muslim rulers. If they are not fulfilling their responsibility, they will have to answer to Allaah for it.

Offensive Jihaad cannot be initiated by just anyone, only the Ameer has the authority to initiate offensive Jihaad.

This is why the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم said we have to return to the Deen, and especially the basic things in the Deen, such as knowing tawheed, establishing the prayer and the zakaat, and holding fast to the Sunnah.
          Where did I say any of that? *confused*

I think you've completely misunderstood what I wrote, but it doesn't matter.

"We ask Allaah for a lasting faith, true certainty, and beneficial knowledge"

Comment

So according to you Jihad doesn't exist today? This is belief of the Madkhalis.

And who says its the responsibilities of the so called Muslim leaders?

The Defensive Jihad doesn't require an Ameer, on in the case of Offensive Jihad as you rightly mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by ahaneefah View Post
              So according to you Jihad doesn't exist today?
              There may be no offensive jihaad if none of the Muslim rulers are engaging in it, because like I said before, the condition for offensive Jihaad to be valid is that a Muslim ruler (ameer) has ordered it, otherwise, it is not allowed to do this kind of Jihaad.

This is belief of the Madkhalis.
              Whatever...

And who says its the responsibilities of the so called Muslim leaders?
              The Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم when he said, "The Imaam is protection, and the war is faught from behind him."

Comment

basically the gist of it, from my understanding, is that if the ummah strays away from Islam indulging in what has been made forbidden and neglecting obligations they will be punished ... so we should strive to follow the deen as best as we can ... or else we'll end up like we are now
                Last edited by Ibn Sina; 15-07-10, 07:52 AM.

Comment

There may be no offensive jihaad if none of the Muslim rulers are engaging in it, because like I said before, the condition for offensive Jihaad to be valid is that a Muslim ruler (ameer) has ordered it, otherwise, it is not allowed to do this kind of Jihaad.

Whatever...

The Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم when he said, "The Imaam is protection, and the war is faught from behind him."
                  I am referring to defensive Jihad, is an Imam still required for this Jihad?

Comment

Originally posted by ahaneefah View Post
                    I am referring to defensive Jihad, is an Imam still required for this Jihad?
                    Is gaining the permission of the Imaam necessary to defend your property if a thief breaks into your house in the middle of the night? Obviously not, and that is an example of defensive Jihaad. In fact, the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم said that one who is killed trying to defend his property is a shaheed (martyr).

Comment

Originally posted by SILURES View Post
                      does this hadith:

seek a proper alim, you will get all sorts of answers here and varied opinions.

Comment

you know, the prophet peace be uppon him appointed 3 amirs one time, to lead the army, and all 3 of them got killed. since they were already out in fighting the enemy, they could not refer back to the prophet peace be uppon him to who they should make the amir next. so they chose khalid bin waleed R.A> to be their commander. at the time he was only a few months old in islam. anyways they appointed him without the prophet peace be uppon him being aware. after which they continued fighting the enemy.

the point here is that at the time there was no amir so what did the muslims do? they adaped and made a temporary change because its was 100% nessesary. what they did not do is put down their weapons and let themself be caupred.

in a situation like today we have no khilafa so what should we do? follow this esample and appoint somone for a temporary thing as its 100% nessesary. this has already been done, there are multiple amirs right now fighting in different parts of the world.

you can not honestly tell me that muslims cannot adapt to certian situations. before when the kuffar tried to use islamic law against the muslims to gain the upper hand that law became null and void for the time being. for example fighting during the holy months is PROHIBITED UNLESS the enemy attacks. cutting down trees is also prohibited unless the enimies try to use that to gain the upper hand on you. using fire to kill your enimies is forbidded unless the only was to kill them is with fire. and is forbiden to use a catapult(or modern day unguided missiles) unless the enimies are behid a fortresss wall.

so if the enimies try to use the fact that we have no amir appointed by the islamic system of shura, what do we do? we adapt, appoint sombody, and put trust in ALlah. and after the war, we figure out what going on, the proper way(i.e. appoint sombody with shurah).

i mean, if sombody killed the president of the united states, would the united states army just lay down its weapons? no. and neither do we.
                        painful torment? (10) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

JazakAllah khair for the duas but i would prefer duas for shahadah instead.

sponsor an orphan

Comment

Originally posted by uncle umar View Post
                          you know, the prophet peace be uppon him appointed 3 amirs one time, to lead the army, and all 3 of them got killed.
                          More specifically, the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم appointed one ameer to lead the army, and explained that if he was martyred who should be the next ameer, and if he was martyred who should be the next ameer. And when all three were martyred, the Muslims agreed upon Khaalid ibn al Waleed رضى الله عنه as their ameer.

the point here is that at the time there was no amir so what did the muslims do? they adaped and made a temporary change because its was 100% nessesary. what they did not do is put down their weapons and let themself be caupred.
                          The point is that having an ameer is essential, and the point proven is that the Companions did not believe in doing offensive Jihaad without having an ameer.

in a situation like today we have no khilafa so what should we do?
                          We may not have a single khaleefah, but we do have Muslim rulers, and it is obligatory to obey them. Remember the Muslim army only chose an ameer when their first 3 ameers were martyred and they had no ameer. But today we have many Muslim rulers, so your analogy doesn't apply.

Comment

@ silures.

when the prophet peace be uppon him mentioned "chasing the tails of cattle" he meant agurculture, as it was what the economy ran on at the time. so in other words, becomming to attached to this temporary life, at the price of becomming less attached to god.

jihad fisabilllah is a pinnicle of islam but also a means of warding off 2 kinds of enimies. 1)the human enemy and 2) the unseen enemy(satan and his army). when the muslims as a whole abandon jihad, all kinds of corruption will happen. because unfortanatly, as we all know, corrupt people and oppressors only know one language and that is violence. asking them nicley to stop being bad people dosent work. when your up against them, they will fight dirty, not nice, so you must fight them with at least the same ammount of brutality. this is why islam seems so brutal, but its only like this to those who wish to cause harm to others, and its also a deterant, because they have in the back of their mind that getting cought will have grave concequences.

and also, when abandoning jihad, shaytan finds it easy to disunite us, as jihad is the thing that will keep us(*muslims) united.

as you can this we have abandoned jihad, and look at the muslim nation today. it pains me to say that its not pretty, and i cant even compare it to the time of the shahabah or the later generations. we are basicly at the lowest we have ever been, in 1400 years, all because we left jihad, and let outself be ruled by other humans.

returning to the religon in this context means returing to jihad(again collectivly, and not a few small pockets), as the only way to free yourself from oppressive rule from men is to fight for it. also, the people in power right now wish to change parts of islam(as did rulers in the past) because they have recognised that islam is comming to take them out of power, and to put the rule of God in power.

this is also why when Allah says in the Quran about fighting the disbelivers, he dosent say it in a context of fighting every single non muslims untill their all dead. no, he means it in a way to bring down the corrupted system, and bring in power the pure system. in other words , fight their leadership.

its not the common man that wants to change islam. the common man dosent care, as long as it dosent affect him. but its the leaders that want to change it.

and ontop of leaving the fighting type of jihad, we have also abanoned many other jihads such as calling people to god, and propagating the truth, weather it be of the religous or secular types.
                            painful torment? (10) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

JazakAllah khair for the duas but i would prefer duas for shahadah instead.

sponsor an orphan

Comment

More specifically, the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم appointed one ameer to lead the army, and explained that if he was martyred who should be the next ameer, and if he was martyred who should be the next ameer. And when all three were martyred, the Muslims agreed upon Khaalid ibn al Waleed رضى الله عنه as their ameer.

The point is that having an ameer is essential, and the point proven is that the Companions did not believe in doing offensive Jihaad without having an ameer.

We may not have a single khaleefah, but we do have Muslim rulers, and it is obligatory to obey them. Remember the Muslim army only chose an ameer when their first 3 ameers were martyred and they had no ameer. But today we have many Muslim rulers, so your analogy doesn't apply.
                              What it is fard to obey the Muslims rulers? What rulers are you referring to here? These same rulers are fighting for the kuffar, same rulers who dumped the Shariah behind their backs and replaced them with secular laws which makes them kuffar.

I suggest you read this thread:

Is presence of Imam (Caliph) a condition for Jihad?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X