Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: who is shaykh Ashraf Ali Thanvi

Originally posted by Joe563 View Post
    The source is put as "Mishkaat" but I havent got a clue what/who "Mishkaat" is, maybe you could help me out. But its things like that scattered here and there, but the majority are sound hadiths.
    Originally posted by C Bear View Post
    It's a hadith collection, like Muslim, Bukhari. We have it at home. Ours have blue covers. :D

Who and what is Mishkaat??? Has anyone heard of this before???? Are the Hadiths from Mishkaat Sound Hadiths??? How comes no one sources Hadiths from Mishkaat

Originally posted by Abdul_Khan View Post
    We need to know why the Brother said what he did ? - what are his proofs for saying that ?
    My sentiments exactly

Comment

Originally posted by *asiya* View Post
      masha Allah.

thing is when ur dealing with blind nationalistic followers who cant even get their heads around the simple fact that bilal phillips is not a salafi - let alone accept that some of the books of the deoband uni, may have some misguidance in them - you might as well talk to a wall, and just leave the deoband -sufi cultists to their books.
      'cultists'? so much of hate sister..

and before you [or anybody else] says am sufi or deobandi, i am not
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by *asiya* View Post
        thing is when ur dealing with blind nationalistic followers who cant even get their heads around the simple fact that bilal phillips is not a salafi - let alone accept that some of the books of the deoband uni, may have some misguidance in them - you might as well talk to a wall, and just leave the deoband -sufi cultists to their books.
        but he is salafi

Originally posted by Joe563 View Post
        Who and what is Mishkaat??? Has anyone heard of this before???? Are the Hadiths from Mishkaat Sound Hadiths??? How comes no one sources Hadiths from Mishkaat
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mishkat_al-Masabih
        http://kondori.wordpress.com/

Like this page on FB
        HasbunAllah Wani'mal Wakeel | حسبنا الله ونعم الوكيل

Allah is Sufficient for us, and He is the Best Disposer of affairs.

"...its better to light a small candle than to curse the darkness..."

"We need to emphasise that differences of fiqh are the not the depth of religion, the depth of religion is piety." ~
        Shaykh Akram Nadwi

Salātullāhi wa Salāmuhu ‘alayka ya Rasūlallāh

http://37.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lj...2vbxo1_500.jpg

Comment

From what I've heard, his books are more cultural than authentic, as explained in the Sunni Path link above.

Comment

Originally posted by Uthman Ibn Afan View Post
            exactly... the salafi shuyookh have spoken against it, thats enough evidence, so everyone should just accept it.... no need to ask why
            exactly the salafi sheikh said so, so lets go burn some books... whose with me people
            I do not reply to women...
            And Allāh has set forth an example for those who believe, the wife of Fir'aun (Pharaoh), when she said: "My Lord! Build for me a home with You in Paradise, and save me from Fir'aun (Pharaoh) and his work, and save me from the people who are Zālimūn (polytheists, wrong-doers and disbelievers in Allāh). (At-Tahrim 66:11)

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post

its called inferioirity complex bro... nothing too much to worry about
              And Allāh has set forth an example for those who believe, the wife of Fir'aun (Pharaoh), when she said: "My Lord! Build for me a home with You in Paradise, and save me from Fir'aun (Pharaoh) and his work, and save me from the people who are Zālimūn (polytheists, wrong-doers and disbelievers in Allāh). (At-Tahrim 66:11)

Comment

Originally posted by jannatalbaqi View Post
                its called inferioirity complex bro... nothing too much to worry about
                ima not agree with asiya's choice of words but i don't disagree with her post
                sigpic

Comment

ima not agree with asiya's choice of words but i don't disagree with her post
                  strange if you think that bilal philips is not salafi... even stranger if you think that the deobandi 'cultists', the first people to make dar al islam in nearly 25 years should be left to their books... but anyway the truth is evident for people with knowledge ...

maybe thats what med was talking about in the other thread... how some salafis are confused in their stance on the taliban... on the one hand they are deobandi, on the other hand they made dar al islam... what is a 'salafi' supposed to do...

Comment

Sorry to Hijak your thread brother, but I wanna see if you people of the ummah forum think Mufti Ebrahim Desai is a good scholar to use when researching islam?
                    وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by jannatalbaqi View Post
                      strange if you think that bilal philips is not salafi... even stranger if you think that the deobandi 'cultists', the first people to make dar al islam in nearly 25 years should be left to their books... but anyway the truth is evident for people with knowledge ...

i don't believe 'deobandis' are 'cultists' but i don't agree with its practices either

to my knowledge bilal philips never, publicly, called himself 'salafi'
                      sigpic

Comment

I think people should refrain from using the word 'cultist' (for certain Muslim sects).

Comment

sister hating a muslim is kufr and i dont hate any muslim. fact is as we can see in this thread, that the ppl who follow deoband school ( circa 1866 ce.) will never accept that there is any mistake in their books, or from the deoband shayookh, this is where the cult mentality comes in.

for the record im not a sufi,deonbandi, or salafi either.
                          "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

well different people have different views about him .some says & also they show his books where he quoted a dream of his (fellow) .he said one of may fellow came to me and said that i was in my dream and i was trying to read qalma shareef .but every time i read muhammad (PBUH)Rasool ALLah i use your name instead of Muhammad (PBUH) & in reply Mr ashraf ali said doesn't matter.its OK .

Well my personal opinion is .(INMAL AAMALO BIN NEYAT ) .MAY BE he didn't mean what the other people think now days .

WaALLAH o Alam .
                            [B][COLOR="red"][URL="http://www.apnay.co.uk/"]A aim to Unite Ummah of Prophit Muhammad(PBUH)[/URL][/COLOR]
                            [URL="http://www.swiftsaves.com/"]Online Auctions[/URL]
                            [URL="http://www.blog.onlineauctionsforum.com/"]Online Money Making Tips & Tricks[/URL] [/B]
                            [B][URL=" http://mylikes.com/signup?token=echowebz"][COLOR="Red"]Make Money With Your Twitter,Facebook & Youtube Account .Min pay rate not $50 or $100 just $2.[/COLOR][/URL][/B]

Comment

omg wat a coincidence. i always always always always run into sufi stuff. dis book called heavenly ornaments was at my community center for borrowing and i got vol 1 and vol 2 . i give up

Comment

Originally posted by waqas javaid View Post
                                well different people have different views about him .some says & also they show his books where he quoted a dream of his (fellow) .he said one of may fellow came to me and said that i was in my dream and i was trying to read qalma shareef .but every time i read muhammad (PBUH)Rasool ALLah i use your name instead of Muhammad (PBUH) & in reply Mr ashraf ali said doesn't matter.its OK .

Well my personal opinion is .(INMAL AAMALO BIN NEYAT ) .MAY BE he didn't mean what the other people think now days .

WaALLAH o Alam .
                                I read somewhere on this forum (or sunniforum) that it was clearly in the context of the dream. meaning you cant be responsible for what happens in your dream, obviously he wasnt saying its okay to consciously utter kufr statements

Originally posted by weird View Post
                                omg wat a coincidence. i always always always always run into sufi stuff. dis book called heavenly ornaments was at my community center for borrowing and i got vol 1 and vol 2 . i give up
                                please add to the discussion and show what is wrong with it. so far we've just got statements but no proof
                                :jkk:
                                http://kondori.wordpress.com/

Like this page on FB
                                HasbunAllah Wani'mal Wakeel | حسبنا الله ونعم الوكيل

Allah is Sufficient for us, and He is the Best Disposer of affairs.

"...its better to light a small candle than to curse the darkness..."

"We need to emphasise that differences of fiqh are the not the depth of religion, the depth of religion is piety." ~
                                Shaykh Akram Nadwi

Salātullāhi wa Salāmuhu ‘alayka ya Rasūlallāh

http://37.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lj...2vbxo1_500.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X