Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The salafi 'list'

:salams

This has always baffled me, i dont get it at all. A long time ago i was given a 'list' of those scholars to stay away from and those to learn from, i was always sceptical about it but would someone please care to explain it :S? (And i am NOT a "salafi").

Shaykh Ibn Tamiyyah
    Shaykh Ibn Al-Qayyim
    Sheikh al-Albaani
    Sheikh Rabi
    Sheikh Uthaymeen
    Sheikh Yahya al Hajoori
    Shaykh Hassan ibn Abdul Wahaab al Banna (Not to be confused with the individual who found Muslim brotherhood. )
    Abu Uwais
    Dr. Saleh as Saleh
    Sheikh Fawzaan
    abu hakeem Bilal Davis
    Sheikh Taweel
    Sheikh Ibn Baaz
    Sheikh Muhammad Ibn Abdul-Wahhab
    Shaykh 'Ubayd Al Jaabiree
    Shaykh `Abdur-Rahmaan Naasir as-Sa`dee
    Shaykh Saalih al-Luhaydaan
    Shaykh Ahmad bin Yahyaa an-Najmee
    Al-Allaamah Muhammad bin Alee ash-Shawkaanee
    Shaykh Abdullaah al-Ghudayyan
    Hasan As-Somali
    Abu Moosa Richardson
    Dawood Adib
    Abu Khadeejah abdul waahid
    Abu Idrees Muhammad

Clear from:
    Syed Qutub
    Abdul Raheem Green
    Bilal Phillips
    Anwar al Awlaki

Hasan al-Banna (Muslim brotherhood)
    Hamza Yusuf
    Ibnu Arabbi
    Osama Bin Laden

Khalid Yassin
    Yassir Qadhi
    Yusuf Qaradawi
    Suhaib Webb

"Shaykh" Hisham Kabbani
    Salman al Awdah
    Shaykh Salih al-Munajjid
    Muhammad Illiyyas
    Muhammad Alshareef

Muhammad Ash-Shaybani
    Shamira Chothia Ahmed
    Siddique Abdullah
    Tawfique Chowdhury

Zaid Shakir
    S. Abdal-Hakim Jackson
    Abu Aaliyah Surkheel Sharif
    Sayyid Abu A'laa Mawdudi
    Shabir Ahmad Uthmaanee
    Sami Yusuf
    Hakim Quick
    Harun Yahya
    Irshad Manji
    Patience...

Re: The salafi 'list'

my guess is this is from a super....

i only say this because i look at the "stay clear from" side. The majority of people accept the top group from whom you state we can learn from.

the madhkalis tend to say to stay away from the so called modern day speakers, and this is evident in your list.

my guess it from a madhkali.... anyone agree?
    Last edited by QMU; 03-07-10, 05:37 PM.

Comment

sound abt right, a couple of the names are of those who spur on their ignorant followers to label and murder their fellow muslims and to kill innocents.
      Last edited by mujhadia; 03-07-10, 05:41 PM.
      glass half empty

Comment

Have any of you personally met the Scholars to spout such rubbish?

Muslims like always take their knowledge from the internet and not from people, except for the select few. I guess that is an OPINION based forum rather than a knowledge based one.

Comment

:wswrwb:

Originally posted by QMU View Post
          agree

Originally posted by mujhadia View Post
          sound abt right, several of the names are of those who spur on their ignorant followers to label and murder their fellow muslims and to kill innocents.
          no its not right. the list includes a lot of people who are alright, and some extreme ones, feminists, popstars, modernists etc. but theyve lumped everyone they dont agree with together to make it look like they all share the same beliefs.
          http://kondori.wordpress.com/

Like this page on FB
          HasbunAllah Wani'mal Wakeel | حسبنا الله ونعم الوكيل

Allah is Sufficient for us, and He is the Best Disposer of affairs.

"...its better to light a small candle than to curse the darkness..."

"We need to emphasise that differences of fiqh are the not the depth of religion, the depth of religion is piety." ~
          Shaykh Akram Nadwi

Salātullāhi wa Salāmuhu ‘alayka ya Rasūlallāh

http://37.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lj...2vbxo1_500.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Uthman Ibn Afan View Post

agree

no its not right. the list includes a lot of people who are alright, and some extreme ones, feminists, popstars, modernists etc. but theyve lumped everyone they dont agree with together to make it look like they all share the same beliefs.
            popstars ? I don't get why they have beef with AbdulRaman Green and Bilal Phillips though?
            وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

following a madhab is blind following...but following the list of scholars mentioned in the 'allowed list' is not..its just different...dont ask me how but it just is
              Jo kaam karta hai tu chup ke jahaan se
              koi dekhta hai tujhe aasmaan se

Comment

Harun Yahya
                Irshad Manji
                Harun Yahya is not qualified to speak on Islam, he's made some strange statements.

Irshad Manji is just another munafiq. She's openly a lesbian??, makes best buddies with the enemies of Islam, and just another typical secularist jahil.

Not all of these people you listed are scholars. Some are daee's...
                Allah is always watching [VIDEO]

How To Weep For The Fear Of Allah

Please remember to share these links with people you know so they can also benefit from them. :jkk:

Comment

Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
                  popstars ?
                  a.k.a nasheed artist

Like this page on FB

"We need to emphasise that differences of fiqh are the not the depth of religion, the depth of religion is piety." ~
                  Shaykh Akram Nadwi

Comment

will I be off da manhaj if I listen to or read stuff by the people in the 'stay clear from' list :(

Like this page on FB

Shaykh Akram Nadwi

Comment

Originally posted by Rouz View Post
                      :salams

Muhammad Ash-Shaybani

:scratch: ...
                      If you were in the clouds, Allah would raise us to you or lower you to us for battle.

said this to the Byzantine troops when they retreated from the battle field to the fortified town of Chalcis.

- Khalid ibn Walid

Comment

Can someone explain their beef with AbduRahman Green and Bilal Phillips?
                        وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
                          Can someone explain their beef with AbduRahman Green and Bilal Phillips?
                          they speak the truth while MADkhalis prefer to kiss ass?
                          "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

Comment

Originally posted by samin62 View Post
                            they speak the truth while MADkhalis prefer to kiss ass?
                            are these people madkhalis?

Comment

Originally posted by QMU View Post

my guess is this is from a super....

i only say this because i look at the "stay clear from" side. The majority of people accept the top group from whom you state we can learn from.

the madhkalis tend to say to stay away from the so called modern day speakers, and this is evident in your list.

yes, its from a madkhali, its quite obvious

Comment

Working...
                              X