Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why we say "Astaghfirullah" when angry/object to something?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why we say "Astaghfirullah" when angry/object to something?

some Muslims use the term "Astaghfirullah" the wrong way, they do it as a form of objection to someone or if someone did/wrote something bad!! while in essence "Astaghfirullah" means "I seek Allah's forgiveness", it is something we should say without having to disagree with someone or object to..

Our beloved Prophet :saw: used to do Istighfar 70 or more times during the day, so did he wait to see something he highly disagrees with and finds extremely wrong to say it????

I would also suggest the forum administrators to remove the "Astaghfirullah" icon as it indicates the same common mistake, :asta:, shows someone saying "no/disagreeing" about something, this is not what Istighfar is about people....
    "Be A Lamp, A Lifeboat, A Ladder, Help Someone's Soul Heal. Walk Out Of Your House Like A Shepherd" - Rumi

Re: why we say "Astaghfirullah" when angry/object to something?

lol anyone noticed how "may Allah guide you" is like used as an insult nowadays
    Jo kaam karta hai tu chup ke jahaan se
    koi dekhta hai tujhe aasmaan se

Comment

Originally posted by imported_MMS View Post
      lol anyone noticed how "may Allah guide you" is like used as an insult nowadays
      Lol!

Comment

whats the correct term to use in this situation??
        Allah is always watching [VIDEO]

How To Weep For The Fear Of Allah

Please remember to share these links with people you know so they can also benefit from them. :jkk:

Comment

Originally posted by Mikha’eel View Post
          whats the correct term to use in this situation??
          maybe a'oodhubillah as in I seek refuge with Allah....
          "Be A Lamp, A Lifeboat, A Ladder, Help Someone's Soul Heal. Walk Out Of Your House Like A Shepherd" - Rumi

Comment

Originally posted by tayyiboon View Post
            whats that one thats paks use? nauzobilah - does it even mean anything?

He it is Who sends blessings on you, as do His angels, that He may bring you out from the depths of Darkness into Light: and He is Full of Mercy to the Believers. [Quran {33:43}]
            www.QuranicAudio.com
            www.Quran.com

Comment

Originally posted by aadil77 View Post
              whats that one thats paks use? nauzobilah - does it even mean anything?
              yes it is the same as a'oodhubillah but in the plural form, as in we seek refuge with Allah

Comment

No I Think Nowadays Muslims Take :asta: And May Allah Guide You In A Wrong Way They Beileve Giving Dawah Or Correction Is Like Your Insulting Them.

I Use :asta: All The Time Mostly Upon On Myself - I Use To Use It Harshly Till I Actually Realised That I Was Saying Allah So Harsh
                And He found you lost and guided you,
                ~ Qur'an (Ad Duhaa) 93:7 ~

Salaah Reminders

Guide us to the straight pain.
                " Ihdina-s-sirata-l-mustaqim "
                ~ Quran 1:6 ~

الله أعلم

Comment

so is it permissible to say "Astaghfirullah" after finishing salaat? I've seen many people who say it 3 times, but I say "Allah Akhbar" 3 times instead.

Comment

^say both.

Comment

I don't see the problem, if people are saying astagfirullah only when they find something disagreeable, then alhamdulillah. At least they are saying it, eh?

Originally posted by islam4u2 View Post
                      so is it permissible to say "Astaghfirullah" after finishing salaat? I've seen many people who say it 3 times, but I say "Allah Akhbar" 3 times instead.
                      I always say Astagfirullah after Salah. The way I learned it is, your Salah isn't going to be perfect so seek Allah's forgiveness for what your did.
                      مَّن ذَا الَّذِي يُقْرِضُ اللّهَ قَرْضًا حَسَنًا فَيُضَاعِفَهُ لَهُ أَضْعَافًا كَثِيرَةً وَاللّهُ يَقْبِضُ وَيَبْسُطُ وَإِلَيْهِ تُرْجَعُونَ

"Who is he that will loan to Allah a beautiful loan, which Allah will double unto his credit and multiply many times?
                      It is Allah that giveth (you) Want or plenty, and to Him shall be your return."
                      Surah al-Baqarah
                      [2:245]

.:.
                      .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
                      Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

.:.
                      ...said the spider to the fly...

Comment

Originally posted by tayyiboon View Post
                        Subhanallah perhaps?
                        وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

After prayer it is better to follow this
                          The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘There are two qualities, no Muslim man acquires them but he will enter Paradise, and they are simple and easy. He should glorify Allaah (say Subhaan Allaah) ten times immediately after each prayer, and praise Him (say Al-hamdu Lillaah) ten times and magnify Him (say Allaahu akbar) ten times.’ I saw the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) counting this on his fingers. He said: ‘That makes one hundred and fifty on the tongue, and one thousand five hundred (hasanaat) in the scales.
                          The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him): “Whoever glorifies Allaah (says Subhaan Allaah) thirty-three times immediately after each prayer, and praises Allaah (says Al-hamdu Lillaah) thirty-three times, and magnifies Allaah (says Allaahu akbar) thirty-three times, this makes ninety-nine, then to complete one hundred says Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah wahdahu laa shareeka lahu, lahu’l-mulk wa lahu’l-hamd wa huwa ‘ala kulli shay’in qadeer (There is no god except Allaah Alone, with no partner, His is the power and His is the praise, and He is Able to do all things) – his sins will be forgiven even if they are like the foam of the sea.” (Reported by Muslim, 939).

Comment

I was told its a sunnah to say astagfirullah 3 times after salaah

He it is Who sends blessings on you, as do His angels, that He may bring you out from the depths of Darkness into Light: and He is Full of Mercy to the Believers. [Quran {33:43}]
                            www.QuranicAudio.com
                            www.Quran.com

Comment

ah well it cant be a bad thing to ask for forgiveness in ones salaat. Shows sincerity I guess. But I am sure the sunnah is to say Allah Akhbar 3 times first though. Every good deed helps.

x-x thanks for that.

Comment

Working...
                              X