Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why we say "Astaghfirullah" when angry/object to something?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: why we say "Astaghfirullah" when angry/object to something?

Originally posted by islam4u2 View Post
    so is it permissible to say "Astaghfirullah" after finishing salaat? I've seen many people who say it 3 times, but I say "Allah Akhbar" 3 times instead.
    it is Sunnah to say Astaghfirullah 3 times after Salah and there is a beautiful wisdom behind it..

in the prayer many times we wander around, think about many worldly things, so it is very natural right after one finishes Salaah "Astaghfirullah" comes out from the heart as we seek Allah's forgiveness for our lost concentration during the Salaah, and it happened to me many times, then I realized subhanAllah how much that makes sense..

The following links should give you a good idea of what is Sunnah to say after Salaah
    http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/131850
    http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/2355
    "Be A Lamp, A Lifeboat, A Ladder, Help Someone's Soul Heal. Walk Out Of Your House Like A Shepherd" - Rumi

Comment

Originally posted by tayyiboon View Post
      some Muslims use the term "Astaghfirullah" the wrong way, they do it as a form of objection to someone or if someone did/wrote something bad!! while in essence "Astaghfirullah" means "I seek Allah's forgiveness", it is something we should say without having to disagree with someone or object to..
      :jkk:
      I'm trying to understand how this pure sentence "I seek forgiveness in Allah ()", that can be misunderstood or misrepresented in a negative connotation for objection, disagreement, disapproval or to ask someone to repent.

When I say "I seek forgiveness of Allah ()", I regret the shame, abstain by obedience and thereafter lowering myself in humility, being patient with the intention to improve, and to correct or undo the mistake.

I know that the meaning of words can be changed by the sentence, and that it can be rephrased to impose (ironically) but it maybe in vain by doing so.

Astaghfirullah (أَسْتَغْفِرُ اللّٰه‏)
      1. (Islam) In the literal sense, "I seek forgiveness from Allah"; a short prayer of redemption.
      2. (Islam) An expression of shame.
      I should not have done that. Astaghfirullah.
      3. (Islam) An expression of disapproval.
      Astaghfirullah! Look at the state of your room.

Qur'an 71:10 - is'taghfirū اسْتَغْفِرُوا (Ask forgiveness)
      Qur'an 4:106 - Wa-istaghfiri Allaha واستغفر الله (And seek forgiveness (of) Allah)....
      Qur'an 3:135 - fa-istaghfaroo فَاسْتَغْفَرُوا (then ask forgiveness)
      Qur'an 12:98 - astaghfiru أَسْتَغْفِرُ (I will ask forgiveness)

Due to potential misunderstandings and I may have to bracket it's meaning.

Only Allah () knows best.

Comment

Originally posted by imported_MMS View Post
        lol anyone noticed how "may Allah guide you" is like used as an insult nowadays
        Totally agree - or the other line that's in vogue now is "May Allah make it easy on you" yet they themselves wont offer any help

Comment

Working...
        X