Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When you first laid your eyes on the Ka'ba

:salams

I've noticed quite a lot of negativity on the forum recently with members arguing endlessly about trivial matters and proclaiming takfeer on each other..so I thought I'd add a little dose of positivity insha'Allah!

For those of us who have been blessed to visit the House of Allah, I want you ALL (yes, even you fulaan) to post your first experience and the associated feelings and emotions you had when you first laid your eyes on the ka3ba! Granted I understand sometimes it can be difficult to articulate emotions but insha'Allah give it a shot anyway. The more detailed the better. Perhaps your experience might inspire a member so much so that it'll drive them to take action and visit Allah's House...and you may even gain a share of the reward of their pilgrimage?! Allahu A3lam but that sure does sound like a SWEET proposition!

I'll shoot first: I landed in Jeddah on the first of the last 10 nights and I was exhausted to the absolute max. I hadn't slept in almost 2 days and because of flights drama it ended up that we didn't have time for suhoor.

After praying fajr in Jeddah airport we made the seemingly endless coach journey to Makkah reciting the talibya in unision with my fellow pilgrims whilst trying SO hard to stay awake! We arrived in Makkah just as the sun shined with its full glory and splendour almost blinding us poor Londoners who would moan about 25 degree celcius. The temperature read 37 degrees at 7AM in the morning. Ya Lateef!

We quickly freshend up in our hotel and wallahi the excitement and nervousness I felt was almost unbearable. Man I'm tearing up just as I recall these thoughts. I left my hotel room and walked in the blazing heat of the sun, each moment getting closer and closer to the House of Allah and thus increasingly apprehensive. After a good few minutes walk which felt like a few hours I was in the haram, in the courtyard of the Allah's House now doubly blinded by the super-shiny white marble tiles laid out beautifully outside the mosque. The Mosque rose high and almost touched the sky. It was beautiful and a sight inconceivable.

I was now almost there. My heart pounding in my throat and a mixture of nerves and adrenaline which almost rendered my paralysed. I stepped through the main gate after quickly being searched by one of the guards and now the Ka3a was a mere 200 yards away from me. I couldn't quite see it yet but I was closer than I had ever imagined I'd be.

I walked with my gaze lowered through the opulently designed mosque, spordacailly raising my gaze to marvel at my surroundings and the hundreds of thousands of pilgrims fast asleep or reading Qur'an all around me.

And there it was. The Ka3ba. SUBHAANULLAH! Wallahi it was MUCH MUCH bigger than I had ever anticipated. It was HUGE! WOW! I stood there in front of it. Stationary. Motionless. Silenting murmuring a few duas as the dua asked for when you first see the ka3ba is accepted, insha'Allah. I felt as though I had finally arrived. My busy hectic lifestyle back in London seemed transient and even non-existent. As if this was the Holy grail we've all been looking for. At last!

And the rest, as they say, is history...

Oops I didn't meant to write so much! Sorry ikhwaan but please do share your experiences and be as detailed as you like!

May Allah give us all the tawfeeq and rizq to visit his House and perform His pilgrimage! Ameen!

AQ
    What can my enemies possibly do to me? My paradise is in my heart; wherever I go it goes with me, inseparable from me. For me, prison is a place of retreat; execution is my opportunity for martyrdom; and exile from my town is but a chance to travel - Ibn Taymiyyah

Re: When you first laid your eyes on the Ka'ba

Ameen and JazakAllah Khair
    Salam! :)

Comment

Ya Lateef! This is appalling ya ikhwaan! I know at least 50% have either done umrah or hajj so thus have seen the ka3ba! Stop beating around the bush and dive head-first for the bush itself!
      What can my enemies possibly do to me? My paradise is in my heart; wherever I go it goes with me, inseparable from me. For me, prison is a place of retreat; execution is my opportunity for martyrdom; and exile from my town is but a chance to travel - Ibn Taymiyyah

Comment

Originally posted by AbuQudamah View Post
        Ya Lateef! This is appalling ya ikhwaan! I know at least 50% have either done umrah or hajj so thus have seen the ka3ba! Stop beating around the bush and dive head-first for the bush itself!
        You know! For a second there i thought you had some sort of beef with the thread starter. :scratch:
        ...and InshAllah i remind myself before i remind others.

ASPIRE to INSPIRE before you EXPIRE!

Is your Boss coming?...Click here :D

Comment

assalamu alaykum,

i have not yet seen the Ka'ba but because this is such a beautiful thread, tabarak'Allah, i thought i would reply.

i was hoping to see many replies on this thread, but looks like the threads which contain controversy are the more popular threads...subhan'Allah

sometimes i just picture the Ka'ba in my mind, thinking of the day that I, insha'Allah ta'aala get the chance to visit the holy cities and wallahi the image i have in my mind is so beautiful that the tears just flow, subhan'Allah.

I cannot wait to see the Ka'ba, with the permission of Allah subhanahu wa ta'aala i shall be in the holy cities soon and then i shall come on this thread and post my experiences!!
          http://www.deenulhuq.wordpress.com

Don't depend on anyone too much in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in darkness ~ibn taymiyyah

Comment

The first time i saw the ka'ba i was taken away with awe, even if i think about that time now i get taken away
            words can never explain it no matter how much you try its the best feeling ever ever
            also going to see syedina Muhammad saw was better than the best of best dreams, you can go and speak to the Messenger of ALLAH saw, give salaam
            but i would advise people to read up and prepare their hearts before going because the more receptive your hearts are the more you will receive and bring back with you and benefit
            i was recommended to read one seerah book, ash shifa by Qadi Iyad and inner dimensions of worship - the hajj part, also to learn the fiqh or hajj etc
            it makes a huge difference when you know the virtues and why your doing what your doing and whose done it ...

Comment

Originally posted by talib al ilm View Post
              The first time i saw the ka'ba i was taken away with awe, even if i think about that time now i get taken away
              words can never explain it no matter how much you try its the best feeling ever ever
              also going to see syedina Muhammad saw was better than the best of best dreams, you can go and speak to the Messenger of ALLAH saw, give salaam
              but i would advise people to read up and prepare their hearts before going because the more receptive your hearts are the more you will receive and bring back with you and benefit
              i was recommended to read one seerah book, ash shifa by Qadi Iyad and inner dimensions of worship - the hajj part, also to learn the fiqh or hajj etc
              it makes a huge difference when you know the virtues and why your doing what your doing and whose done it ...
              Habibi that is so true. Reading the seerah is a MUST before flying out as it puts everything into context and wallahi makes you appreciate the experience a whole load more. And spending a month or two before your trip studying the fiqh behind everything you're doing on the pilgrimage is also highly recommended.

Comment

Originally posted by sis_on_sunnah View Post
                assalamu alaykum,

i have not yet seen the Ka'ba but because this is such a beautiful thread, tabarak'Allah, i thought i would reply.

i was hoping to see many replies on this thread, but looks like the threads which contain controversy are the more popular threads...subhan'Allah

sometimes i just picture the Ka'ba in my mind, thinking of the day that I, insha'Allah ta'aala get the chance to visit the holy cities and wallahi the image i have in my mind is so beautiful that the tears just flow, subhan'Allah.

I cannot wait to see the Ka'ba, with the permission of Allah subhanahu wa ta'aala i shall be in the holy cities soon and then i shall come on this thread and post my experiences!!
                Your love for the Holy Cities is admirable and I have no doubt that that love will multiply a million fold once you're actually there insha'Allah!

Comment

I've never laid my eyes on Kaba except from what I have seen in videos. I would really love to go and see the first house of Allah (swt) built by Ibrahim (as) and his son. I always said I will kiss the Kaba. In fact I would probably cry because of the history and hardships faced by the Prophets and the Followers (may Allah be pleased with them all and grant them the highest ranks in Jannah)

Comment

Originally posted by islam4u2 View Post
                    I've never laid my eyes on Kaba except from what I have seen in videos. I would really love to go and see the first house of Allah (swt) built by Ibrahim (as) and his son. I always said I will kiss the Kaba. In fact I would probably cry because of the history and hardships faced by the Prophets and the Followers (may Allah be pleased with them all and grant them the highest ranks in Jannah)
                    May Allah facilitate that for you ya akh. Seeing the Ka3ba for the first time is an amazing, overwhelming experience in and of itself but kissing it or even touching it is out of this world subhaanuAllah.

Comment

:wswrwb:

I went on umrah when i was 15, alhamdulillah it was brilliant, indescribable, i am desperate to go for Hajj! InshaAllah i will get the chance soon.
                      The Ka'ba is beautiful, stunning, subhanAllah. It is just sooooooooo peaceful praying with the huge ka'ba right in front of u, it's a feeling u can't get anywhere else. Totally surreal, so many people but so peaceful. When i pray salah i close my eyes and try to picture myself in front of the ka'ba to get that sense of peace and it does help sometimes!

WaSalaam :)
                      "You are the best nation raised up for men. You enjoin good and forbid evil, and you believe in Allah." (Surah Al Imran 3:110)

Comment

Like, others have mentioned , when you see the Ka’aba for the first time, you're totally in awe, the hairs on the back of your neck stand up , tears start flowing down your cheeks... the experience felt is “surreal” .

All through your life you see pictures and hear about this place, you turn to it five times a day but when you are there , it just leaves you standing speechless and agog .

There is too much to take in, soo much to process and digest... it just leaves you spell-bound...A sense of calm and peace envelops you at the magnificent sight of the kaa'bah and the sea of humanity flowing around it ...SubhanAllah, it is truly a beautiful & glorious feeiing.

Even after you return home, your heart longs to go back to the blessed, magical place again...Makkah is one city which keeps calling you again and again.

Comment

Originally posted by AbuQudamah View Post
                          May Allah facilitate that for you ya akh. Seeing the Ka3ba for the first time is an amazing, overwhelming experience in and of itself but kissing it or even touching it is out of this world subhaanuAllah.
                          "labaik allahuma labaik, labaik la sharika laka labaik, Innal hamda wann’imat laka wal mulk, la sharika lak"

- I stand up for Your service, O God! I stand up! I stand up! There is no partner with You! I stand up for Your service! Verily Yours is the praise, the beneficence, and the dominion! There is no partner with You.

One Day Inshallah I will utter those words at the Holy City. Until then I can only plan and dream. :(

http://www.paklinks.com/gs/voice_aja...=14734_216.spx

Comment

sorry to derail the thread but it's kind of related..

if someone is a revert or someone doesn't know arabic and there's like duas they need to pray and they havenet been able to memorise them, would it be weird if they wrote the duas down on a piece of paper in the transliteration and walked around the ka'ba with it? or if they like carried a booklet with them whilst they were performing the umrah/hajj to make sure they are doing everything correct?

just curious
                            http://www.deenulhuq.wordpress.com

Don't depend on anyone too much in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in darkness ~ibn taymiyyah

Comment

Originally posted by sis_on_sunnah View Post
                              sorry to derail the thread but it's kind of related..

if someone is a revert or someone doesn't know arabic and there's like duas they need to pray and they havenet been able to memorise them, would it be weird if they wrote the duas down on a piece of paper in the transliteration and walked around the ka'ba with it? or if they like carried a booklet with them whilst they were performing the umrah/hajj to make sure they are doing everything correct?

just curious
                              Yes that's perfectly acceptable and I've seen hundreds and hundreds of people do the same. Most people have the dua book wrapped around their neck as a necklace and read while circumambulating.

Comment

Working...
                              X