Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hadiths on Najd (Wahabism)

Authu bilahi minaysh shaytani Rajeem, Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

Narrated Ibn ‘Umar: The Prophet (s)said, “O Allah! Bestow Your blessings on our Sham! O Allah! Bestow Your blessings on our Yemen.” The People said, “And also on our NAJD.” He said, “O Allah! Bestow Your blessings on our Sham (north)! O Allah! Bestow Your blessings on our Yemen.” The people said, “O Allah’s Apostle! And also on our NAJD.” I think the third time the Prophet (s) said, “There (in NAJD) is the place of earthquakes and afflictions and from there comes out the side of the head of Satan.”

Sahi Bukhari (Book #88, Hadith #214)

http://forums.islamicawakening.com/f...ahabism-31284/

Inshallah the purpose of this thread is to show that different people have different opinions and Salafi/Wahabi is not the majority nor are there so many people who like it or agree with it.

I don't necessarily agree with everything written there, as I have not myself studied Ahadith, but this is still something to consider. The reason to consider is because a lot of Salafi/Wahabi are always calling bida'a and kufr etc... they literally are attacking the Ummah, and subhanallah there are hadith warning us of this from what I can tell.

Astagfirullah authu bilahi minaysh shaytani Rajeem, Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem.

You may refer to my thread:
    http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...lafi-inshallah

Inshallah

Wa alaikum salaam wa rahmatullah wa barakatoh
    http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/157...rtsinsults.jpg
    O ye who believe! Let not some among you laugh at others: It may be that the (latter) are better than the (former) Nor defame nor be sarcastic to each other, nor call each other by (offensive) nicknames: Ill-seeming is a name connoting wickedness, after he has believed: And those who do not desist are doing wrong. (QURAN, Sura Hujurat, 49:11)

Re: Hadiths on Najd (Wahabism)

Originally posted by AlayhisSalaam View Post
    Authu bilahi minaysh shaytani Rajeem, Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

Narrated Ibn ‘Umar: The Prophet (s)said, “O Allah! Bestow Your blessings on our Sham! O Allah! Bestow Your blessings on our Yemen.” The People said, “And also on our NAJD.” He said, “O Allah! Bestow Your blessings on our Sham (north)! O Allah! Bestow Your blessings on our Yemen.” The people said, “O Allah’s Apostle! And also on our NAJD.” I think the third time the Prophet (s) said, “There (in NAJD) is the place of earthquakes and afflictions and from there comes out the side of the head of Satan.”

Sahi Bukhari (Book #88, Hadith #214)

http://forums.islamicawakening.com/f...ahabism-31284/

Inshallah the purpose of this thread is to show that different people have different opinions and Salafi/Wahabi is not the majority nor are there so many people who like it or agree with it.

I don't necessarily agree with everything written there, as I have not myself studied Ahadith, but this is still something to consider. The reason to consider is because a lot of Salafi/Wahabi are always calling bida'a and kufr etc... they literally are attacking the Ummah, and subhanallah there are hadith warning us of this from what I can tell.

Astagfirullah authu bilahi minaysh shaytani Rajeem, Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem.

You may refer to my thread:
    http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...lafi-inshallah

Inshallah

bro... have you read the replies in the same forum?... firstly the guy has 0 ilm. he has been banned, and people from the forum have replied with daleel what it means about the people of najd.

so read all of it.... dont be like that user who posted stuff and then didnt have anythin to say.

Read that thread as a neutral and you will have your answer IA.

Comment

i have heard of this Hadith before but i dont believe that the saudis have or those who choose to follow Abdul Wahab including any of the off shoot groups.
      Last edited by mujhadia; 22-02-10, 05:34 PM.
      glass half empty

Comment

Saudi's came to power by allying with Britian, so no surprise there.
        "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

Comment

Originally posted by QMU View Post
          bro... have you read the replies in the same forum?... firstly the guy has 0 ilm. he has been banned, and people from the forum have replied with daleel what it means about the people of najd.

so read all of it.... dont be like that user who posted stuff and then didnt have anythin to say.

Read that thread as a neutral and you will have your answer IA.
          Jazakallah khayr,

Yes I read some of the forum, but if you see he has responded as well. Just because people disagree with him doesn't make him wrong. Scholars disagree with each other, who is right and who is wrong? That is for the individual to decide inshalllah.

Wasalaam,
          O ye who believe! Let not some among you laugh at others: It may be that the (latter) are better than the (former) Nor defame nor be sarcastic to each other, nor call each other by (offensive) nicknames: Ill-seeming is a name connoting wickedness, after he has believed: And those who do not desist are doing wrong. (QURAN, Sura Hujurat, 49:11)

Comment

It is reported in SAHIH BUKHARI from Hazrat Abu Said Khudri (Radiallhu Anhu) who narrates that:
            Once we were in the presence and company of the Holy Prophet (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallam). He was distributing booties (Spoils of War) when a person named Zul-Khawaisara, who was from the tribe of Bani Tamim addressed the Holy Prophet (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallam) "Oh Muhammad Be Just!" ". The Prophet (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallam) replied: "A Great pity that you have doubts, if I am unjust then who will be just, you are a loser and a failure." Zul-Khawaisara's attitude infuriated Hazrat Umar (Radiallhu Anhu) and he pleaded with the Prophet (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallam) to permit him to slay Zul-Khawaisara. The Prophet (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallam) remarked: "Leave him, as his slaying will serve no good purpose, as he is not the only individual but there are a host of others like him and if you compare their prayers and fasting to that of yours, you yourself will feel ashamed. These are the people who will recite the Quran but it will not go beyond their throats, with all these apparent virtues they will leave the fold of Deen just like the arrow leaves the bow.

Comment

I am Madhab Neutral and dont call myself a Salafi/Wahhabi. But I do take offence to what you are implying with this Hadith. Are you implying that Muhammad ibn 'Abd Al-Wahhab (may Allah have Mercy on him) and the entire Salafi/ Wahhabi movement is part of the "afflictions" and "head of satan", that the Prophet(saws) predicted?

Seems to me that you are. And I am not talking or care a damn about the Saudi royal family.

Either ibn Abdal-Wahhab called for return to Tawheed and the abolishment of Shirk & Bidaa. Either the Salafi/Wahabi movement has saved MILLIONS of Muslims from grave-worshiping, taking part in Witchcraft, wearing amulets, twirling around in circles, etc OR they are part of the Fitna & evil that plagues this Ummah and must be eliminated.

And if you feel you are right, then why dont you & the other anti-Salafis - the Sufis (both good & bad), the Brelwis, the Ahmadiyyas, the Shias, etc - why dont all you guys get together make TAKFEER on Muhammad ibn abdal-Wahhab and the entire Salafi/ Wahhabi movement.

You can use the above hadeeth as your Daleel.

If you Sufis think you are on "Perfect" guidance and Sunnah, why dont you take Leadership of this Ummah and come out OPENLY, by declaring your Fatwa on Wahhabism. You'll be saving millions of "ignorant" Muslims from the evil of Wahhabism.
              Stop beating around the bush, barking names like "Najdi", etc and do something.

Either ibn Abdal-Wahhab and his followers are from Ahlus Sunnah wal Jammah or they are from Hizbus Shaytaan.

Make up your mind.

Comment

Wa alaikum salaam

I'm not sure why it seems nobody ever reads what I write.

Originally posted by AlayhisSalaam

Rather than insulting me brother for posting something I found, why do you not explain in a logical and sophisticated manner a different interpretation and why do you not show some evidences contrary to what this says?

I'm not trying to argue but inshallah to only find the truth in all matters.

I have seen Wahhabism/Salafi destroy people's lives, so I have a biased perspective which doesn't see Wahabbi in a good light, but I don't go out of my way to insult them, if I do insult them then it is due to my bias and not because of any ill intention in my heart, I don't hate anyone, but I dislike seeing people suffer and seeing the "Sincerity, Peace" part of Seen Lam Meem (ISLAM) being taken out, and tasawwuf being laughed at... Islam is meant to make us break away from this dunya, we're meant to feel like prisoners if we're true believers, we're meant to detach from the material.. and we're meant to embrace spirituality and true love of Allah swt... I just think that Wahhabism is the opposite, they attach to dunya and do not care what is in the heart and they are confident that they're already going to heaven when even the Sahabah feared hell-fire and didn't see a single cloud over their head except that they ran to the masjid to pray and fear Allah swt.

Inshallah you see my point and inshallah I would appreciate anyone with more knowledge to bring some scholarly information regarding this subject as opposed to insults inshallah.

Wasalaam

Comment

so what happened to the hadith about worshipping false gods like that munafiq nazim haqqani... do you want to post them up as well? i heard you need to be careful cus the guy watches you whilst you taking a shower...
                  FEAR ALLAH (SWT) AS HE DESERVES TO BE FEARED!!!
                  OH Allah help your slaves in As Sham
                  Donate to syria.
                  *Sisters please do not rep or PM me as my wife will kill me so rep her instead*

Comment

Originally posted by in_exile View Post
                    so what happened to the hadith about worshipping false gods like that munafiq nazim haqqani... do you want to post them up as well? i heard you need to be careful cus the guy watches you whilst you taking a shower...
                    Please stay on topic, that thread was removed for a reason. I already admitted that after some nicer people approached me with evidence as opposed to insults that there were grey areas which I will stay away from.

Wasalaam to you too

Comment

Originally posted by AlayhisSalaam View Post
                      Please stay on topic, that thread was removed for a reason. I already admitted that after some nicer people approached me with evidence as opposed to insults that there were grey areas which I will stay away from.

Wasalaam to you too
                      if you believe that there a grey areas that you need to stay away from then maybe instead of posting this trash you should go back and learn more about islam that will benefit you in some way... maybe you should go and learn where najad was according to the classical ulema first of all and then learn what it means to be khawarij ... like for one loving the kuffar and hating muslims..
                      FEAR ALLAH (SWT) AS HE DESERVES TO BE FEARED!!!
                      OH Allah help your slaves in As Sham
                      Donate to syria.
                      *Sisters please do not rep or PM me as my wife will kill me so rep her instead*

Comment

Originally posted by in_exile View Post
                        if you believe that there a grey areas that you need to stay away from then maybe instead of posting this trash you should go back and learn more about islam that will benefit you in some way... maybe you should go and learn where najad was according to the classical ulema first of all and then learn what it means to be khawarij ... like for one loving the kuffar and hating muslims..
                        In what way have I expressed hatred for Muslims and love for kuffar?

Islam means submission, obediance, surrender, peace, and sincerity... I have said that from my experience around the average Wahabbi, I have not seen sincerity and peace from them, they have been, in my experience, harsh and selfish, desiring only reward so they can enjoy their paradise, even if at the expense of others'. I don't think this is Islam, and then I found a forum where this sort of hadith relating to these sort of people was related, where they will be practicing Islam better than Umar (ra) to the point that if Umar (ra) compared himself with them that he would be ashamed, but yet their hearts would not know Islam therefore the Qur'an would not reach their throats as they recite. What is your interpretation of this hadith? Who is more strict in their prayer and their fasting than the Wahhabi's that would make Umar (ra) be ashamed by comparison?

Thank you, Wasalaam

Comment

I do not mean to offend or insult anyone but.. why post up something like this.

If you want to sincerely understand something, if you are seeking the truth then please do so in a manner which will benefit yourself and others insha'Allaah. There's not much point looking into everyone's opinion because Islaam is not based upon the intellect of people... and this is why ' We hear and we obey'.. Its that simple.
                          Whatever brother/ sisters x, y and z think means nothing, how many of us here have actually studied usool al hadith let alone looking into the actual tafsir. So all you are going to get from this thread is '' in my opinion blah blah'' and no evidence.
                          Insha'Allaah if anyone does know the answer with supported with evidence, if they could post it up.

Yes the scholars differ concerning different matters in the deen but do they differ in the fundamentals of Islaam? No, and if they did then that would be seriously worrying. The scholars can differ and even have disputes but that does not mean we should do so. It is not really down to the individual to decide which scholar is right and which is wrong. - everyone would just go with what suits them. Its about the daleel and the actual understanding of these different concepts and definitions such as bid'ah etc.

And to be quite honest these terms are just silly -'wahabism'.. Im sorry but Islaam is Islaam, we dont have different versions of it. Try to look at the fundamentals of Islaam without attaching labels to anything and I'm sure you will find it all makes perfect sense. This deen has been perfected and completed in every way, so all matters of our lives can be resolved if we look towards the Qur'an and sunnah for guidance whether this be issues of the heart (tazkiyyah), ibadah etc.
                          [CENTER][I]All humans are dead except those who have knowledge;
                          and all those who have knowledge are asleep, except those who do good deeds;
                          and those who do good deeds are decieved, except those who are sincere;
                          and those who are sincere are always in a state of worry. - Imaam Shafi'i[/I][/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by Umm_Maryam View Post
                            I do not mean to offend or insult anyone but.. why post up something like this.

If you want to sincerely understand something, if you are seeking the truth then please do so in a manner which will benefit yourself and others insha'Allaah. There's not much point looking into everyone's opinion because Islaam is not based upon the intellect of people... and this is why ' We hear and we obey'.. Its that simple.
                            Whatever brother/ sisters x, y and z think means nothing, how many of us here have actually studied usool al hadith let alone looking into the actual tafsir. So all you are going to get from this thread is '' in my opinion blah blah'' and no evidence.
                            Insha'Allaah if anyone does know the answer with supported with evidence, if they could post it up.

Yes the scholars differ concerning different matters in the deen but do they differ in the fundamentals of Islaam? No, and if they did then that would be seriously worrying. The scholars can differ and even have disputes but that does not mean we should do so. It is not really down to the individual to decide which scholar is right and which is wrong. - everyone would just go with what suits them. Its about the daleel and the actual understanding of these different concepts and definitions such as bid'ah etc.

And to be quite honest these terms are just silly -'wahabism'.. Im sorry but Islaam is Islaam, we dont have different versions of it. Try to look at the fundamentals of Islaam without attaching labels to anything and I'm sure you will find it all makes perfect sense. This deen has been perfected and completed in every way, so all matters of our lives can be resolved if we look towards the Qur'an and sunnah for guidance whether this be issues of the heart (tazkiyyah), ibadah etc.

Thank you for your input, I admire your kindness and desire for unity, but unfortunately it does matter because we have Sunni and Shia murdering each other daily, for example.

And the reason the issue of Wahabism is important to me is because I see many times a Wahabi Imam shouting, "You kafir are going to burn in hell! All of you Muslims who do not pray the way we do, you are Kafir, you are out of Islam!" or something of this nature, which obviously is causing more harm than good. And so when I read a hadith that so clearly appears to be describing just that, then I find it fascinating and would like more elaboration on it.

Inshallah I agree and would like to see a scholar post something, but you have taken my intention wrongly, if you read what I wrote, I said that I do not necessarily fully agree with everything this perspective presumes but I wanted more info on it, instead I have people attacking me and judging me. Allahu alem.

Wasalaam

Comment

So after reading those hadiths and then this:

The brother of Muhammad bin Abdul Wahab al Najdi, Shaykh Sulaiman bin Abdul Wahab, said about his brother, “The horn of Shaytan which the Prophet (Sallallahu’ aliahi wa sallam) referred to is you.” [Sawaa’iqul Ilahiya]

I'm asking what else is to be deduced, and if someone has a different answer then I would really appreciate it inshallah.

Thanks, Wasalaam

Comment

Working...
                              X